Sauron's Guide of Random Dominion Tips/Tricks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paul

03-29-2012

Quote:
Which champions do you feel should have been mentioned?
Nautilis, Lee Sin, Skarner, Talon and XZ are fine champions that all have their place. Nautilis, Lee Sin and Skarner I'm the most surprised by.

Lee Sin is really good bot and top yet never mentioned. Like he is OP if you are good with Lee Sin.

FOODFOOD

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
With a bit of fiddling you can get League of Stats to give you the aggregated statistics for Kass at 1800+ Elo games. With that filter in mind he's got one of the highest win-rates of any champ in Dominion. Though Janna apparently beats him out. Because JANNA!

Might just be some weird statistical hiccup. Like Galio being at the top of the list. As with any aggregated stats they should be taken with a grain of salt.
Idk, I personally think Galio is at the right stat. From personal experience - the last 9 of my 10 Galio games in Dominion have been wins. Been playing him a lot lately.

Ahris Pantsu

03-29-2012

Can someone please elaborate a bit on an example piecemeal crit build order?

Sauron

03-29-2012

Quote:
With a bit of fiddling you can get League of Stats to give you the aggregated statistics for Kass at 1800+ Elo games. With that filter in mind he's got one of the highest win-rates of any champ in Dominion. Though Janna apparently beats him out. Because JANNA!

Might just be some weird statistical hiccup. Like Galio being at the top of the list. As with any aggregated stats they should be taken with a grain of salt.
Nice, didn't know it could do that. Galio being at the top of the list is simply due to a low number of games recorded, and very few new players using him. The more games a champion is played, the closer they statistically get to 50% due to unfamiliar players unless the champion is truly strong enough to warrant something higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Just curious, who plays a powerful Rammus at high elo? I'd love to see a replay or VOD of some sort, because the Rammuses I generally see are longtime residents of Derpville.
I see Mith KJ use him a lot. Seen Whi and Dakk on him as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Nautilis, Lee Sin, Skarner, Talon and XZ are fine champions that all have their place. Nautilis, Lee Sin and Skarner I'm the most surprised by.

Lee Sin is really good bot and top yet never mentioned. Like he is OP if you are good with Lee Sin.
Nautilus and XZ are probably the outliers here -- not many people play them. They're both pretty good champions, and XZ can bot lane though its rare to see. Skarner and Talon are pretty frequent and straightforward.

Lee Sin I've only seen bot a few times and it didn't work out. It might have been a matchup thing. He's a downright solid champ top though, but everyone knows that because he's top tier in SR and TT too. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameOkami View Post
Can someone please elaborate a bit on an example piecemeal crit build order?
Here's the build order I use for Jax (copied and pasted from the Jax thread last week), but LW may need to be swapped in there somewhere during the midgame:

1) Boots+Prospector's.
2) Brutalizer.
3) Phage and upgrade boots.
4) Sheen, vamp, or armor/MR depending on how well you're doing.
5) Complete Trinity if Sheen, EC if life steal, Sanguine if life steal but suddenly did well, Atma's if armor or QSS if MR is suddenly needed.
6) Upgrade to Ghostblade if still doing well or Atma's if not.
7) Complete remainder items and sell Prospector's if you need room.

Rebonack

03-29-2012

Just to mention-

Getting Black Cleaver is almost always a better idea than Whisper. Especially if you already have Ghostblade. Keep in mind that percentile penetration effects (like the aura on dominion) stack multiplicatively with each other.

Assuming ArPen runes and Ghostblade your foe would need about 250 armor for Whisper to offer a comparable deeps boost.

DisposableGod

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
unrelated, when i play ezreal in a dominion game, 9/10 times it's going to be ap ezreal. effectiveness aside, he's just way more fun that way (in my opinion). turns out that it can work out really well, too.
Hoooooowww?!?!?!? in all my murder stomping as Ezreal, from SR to Dom... I cannot get him to play AP... It makes me cry somedays =( Cause like, I'll lock in Ez, then someone decides we need more AD carries and no mages. So I'm like, "Well EZ has AP ratios and can easily function as a mage!" Shift pages to mage. Proceed to get stomped into oblivion cause I cannot do any damage.

Sauron

03-29-2012

Quote:
Just to mention-

Getting Black Cleaver is almost always a better idea than Whisper. Especially if you already have Ghostblade. Keep in mind that percentile penetration effects (like the aura on dominion) stack multiplicatively with each other.

Assuming ArPen runes and Ghostblade your foe would need about 250 armor for Whisper to offer a comparable deeps boost.
The thing I don't like about Cleaver is that the armor reduction applies after the hit lands. Regardless I still get it frequently when I play ranged carries.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

Sauron, what do you mean by the changes Xyph did to crit?

Does LoL now use the pseudo-random chance to crit, much like DotA now?

Isysar

03-29-2012

Great guide sir.

Sauron

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Sauron, what do you mean by the changes Xyph did to crit?

Does LoL now use the pseudo-random chance to crit, much like DotA now?
Yes. It used to be true random, but someone figured out how to exploit that, so they changed to a not-so-true random system.