transparent, non interactive minimap

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aias

10-21-2009

In the same way the HUD is too large, the mini-map could use some tweaking as well. It's large, and impedes your view and range of motion in game. What I think may be good, is if we had a transparent, non interactive map, or better yet, the ability to toggle between the opaque interactive minimap, and a transparent non-interactive one. Usually when I'm using the minimap to navigate, I'm not under pressure, so a keystroke (particularly if the key was bound, and not just a link you had to hit with a mouse over and click) probably wouldn't be that bad. The number of times I've hit a location on the minimap and run off in some random direction when I really just wanted to go to the lower right corner of the screen is incrementing more and more, and getting to be a nuisance. It hasn't happened that often, and while it's sort of ok as it is, I think it could be better. It is, at least partially, an action game, and having the interactive hud can be a pain. Perhaps we could do it for the entire HUD. Have a transparent, non interactive hud and map, and the ability to toggle to get an interactive one.

naqaden

10-22-2009

I agree! There even seems to be a keybind option for hiding the whole HUD but I can't get that to work. But if I had to choose between the two, I'd rather use your transparent non-interactive HUD, perhaps with an alpha slider in options.

aias

10-22-2009

Thank you for your positive feedback, really think maybe binding the HUD to the ctrl key might work, just as a toggle for HUD/minimap...if they were to do it.

The HUD referenced in the OP is the original HUD, not the new one ( I like the new one...but the ability to see through it, and move through it, without invoking an action would be awesome IMO) And it is more about the minimap, though I think the idea of a toggle on/off for the HUD in general, would be a good thing.

Phobos Selini

08-23-2011

Sorry to "necro" this thread, but I was about to make a new thread when I gave the search function a try.

I was about to suggest to just turn the interactive feature of the minimap off by a hotkey, because of the same reasons the OP has, but making the minimap transparent is even better although more work intensive for the Rioter that would like to implement it.

Please give us a feature like that! It doesn't happen often that you click the minimap by accident, but when it happens it's very often in a critical situation and you die to that mistake.