Are Digital Pre-Order still getting access a week earlier?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2009

Titles sums it up. Was under the impression that the digital pre-order came out earlier than normal launch. Havent heard anything about it recently though.

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2009

Nobody knows?

reefermadne55

10-21-2009

yeah we were sposed to be able to on the 20th but then again we were sposed to have the shop then too

still no eta on store so i think we will be able to when store comes out whenever that is

TheJackalMan

10-21-2009

I preordered and have had access since September

Slurple

10-21-2009

Regardless, doesn't summoner progress reset on the 27th?

Circio

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJackalMan View Post
I preordered and have had access since September
This.

The pre-order comes with a beta key, allowing users to access and play the game before it is actually released.

Why would pre-ordering allow you to access the release version a week before the scheduled release? How would this release version be any different than the version that was currently on the beta server?

Odds are, that version wouldn't be the same as the version that gets released the following week anyway, considering they make patches and hotfixes on a weekly-biweekly basis.

Edit: Another thought... Why would you want access to a version of the game that not as many people would be on? People complain often enough about the matchmaker supposedly messing up (even though Riot has repeatedly published the matchmaker results from these matchups and have proved that it is normally just players overreacting to a bad loss). If you're playing on a server that fewer people have access to, you may end up hitting a point where the matchmaker cannot find a decent matchup for you. If this were the case, how do you think people would react?

reefermadne55

10-21-2009

no they were sposed to let everyone who preordered get the extra champions and runes they paid for a week before launch

and yea they would just reset it

khargon

10-22-2009

ya i'm glad i'm not the only one who's wondering where the pre-order stuff is. I read a few days ago that we should be getting an e-mail soon and I've kept checking and find nothing. Was starting to wonder if i screwed up somehow hah

Aeonus

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadne55 View Post
no they were sposed to let everyone who preordered get the extra champions and runes they paid for a week before launch

and yea they would just reset it
and YOU WILL have it a week before launch
Right now it's just a week before OB heh
a Week before Launch is sometime Q1 of Next year

Slurple

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonus View Post
and YOU WILL have it a week before launch
Right now it's just a week before OB heh
a Week before Launch is sometime Q1 of Next year
Source?

Riot is going to let people spend actual money in the store, during OB? Will stats/purchased-items get reset in Q1 2010?