Generic Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malaran

08-03-2010

I am not exactly new but I was wondering the generic rune setup for both a physical dps and a caster. I have just hit level 20 and can buy tier 3 runes.

Akira Kid41

08-03-2010

XP quints or Movespeed quints work well on both.
Mana regen is awesome for both also, considering your physical dps runs on mana.
I like flat AP for blue begin game. Works well on both.
And mag pen on reds suits both well also.

Mr Geppetto

08-03-2010

Dps & Tanks
reds - armor pen
yellows - dodge
blues - magic resist
quints - hp

Caster & Support
reds - magic pen
yellows - mana regen/lvl
blues - cooldown reduction
quints - hp

Since you get two rune pages, it makes sense to try and cover all the roles with them. If you find yourself playing certain champions extensively, though, you should come up with specialized rune pages as you see fit.

Malaran

08-03-2010

okay, thanks guys, just had a lot of IP, sadly was doing things during the weekend and only got 3 games in on sunday tho.

Ebonclaw

08-04-2010

If you really want the most mileage possible, get 2 sets of Marks, a Magic Pen set and an Armor Pen set. Get 3 Flat HP Quints. Seals get Flat Armor, Scaling Armor, or Scaling HP. Glyphs get Scaling MR, Flat CDR or Scaling CDR.

Populate your 2 rune books with the different sets of Marks, and fill them all with the same of the rest.

No, I didn't recommend Dodge Seals, because they're freaking expensive, and as your first rune purchases they will just erode your buying power too much.

Also, if you don't have a TON of IP, get both sets of Penetration Marks, and get your HP Quints, then work from there.

Maimed

08-04-2010

Armor pen, move speed, hp quints, cool down reduction, ap per level, flat ap, attack speed are good for pretty much anyone.