My computer freezes only playing LoL, PLEASE HELP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnseOne

11-06-2012

So! I think i may have found a fix for this! Its a wild shot and i am in the process of testing it. We all have Windows 7. AMD, ATI, all those wonderful goodies.
1. Goto the game application.
2. Right click the icon.
3. Click Troubleshoot Compatibility
4. Your computer will run a scan to detect issues and will suggest you run LoL with XP Service Pack 2 or some other rewind.
5. Click yes.
6. Let me know if this works for you because ive never been this pisses trying to play a low demand game.
7. Hit up Riot Games and ask them to fix it. If everyone is thread emailed them the same question, its lilely to become a known issue and hotfix as opposed to something theyll do when they get around to it.

Peace. And good luck all.

Tronquito

11-07-2012

Mother H61MU3
Win 7 x64
4gb ram
i3-2120 3.30GHz

Same problem. I bought a new processor, new motherboard, had to format twice. It solves the problem for some months but always comes back!

bump!

EDIT: Guys... maybe the problem is in another software? Anyone uses skype and/or LOL recorder when playing? I have a new video card and the problem persists.

rater

01-17-2013

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Same problem.

Feederzilla

01-17-2013

Same problem here.

Random freezing in game. Has happened about half a dozen times already. No problem before the patch or with other games at all.

Attaching DxDiag and R3dlog for the most recent occurrence in game.

InfraRed1

02-03-2013

Bumping this thread because I've been having this same issue happen to me for a while now.
I am using a nvidia GeForce 540M video card with the latest drivers (which I have updated each time new drivers are up and the problem has persisted with each update), Windows 7 64-bit, and a 2nd gen Intel i5.

The hard freezing with the horrible sound repeating (the last split second, sounds like a buzzing) that requires me to hard shut-off my computer is whats happening to me. It occurs completely at random... sometimes right in the first couple minutes of my first game, or sometimes after I've been playing for hours.

Sometimes if I mash alt+control+delete when it first happens I will get lucky and bring up the task manager, where I can just close LoL and restart it... and sometimes if I wait around for 10-15 seconds it clears up, but that's only happened a couple times relative to the dozens of times my comp has froze up playing LoL.

I've played other much more demanding games as well on this computer with no issues. Only LoL causes my computer to freeze like this. I'm going to try running the game in XP service pack to compatibility mode and see if that helps.

Any suggestions from a red would be much appreciated!

Aloz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

bump
Exactly that same thing is happening to a friend, he can't stay in a game for more than 5 minutes without getting disconnected because of that, needing to restart his computer, this has been going on since about 2 or three weeks into the start of the preseason to season 3.

Emara

02-06-2013

I have been having the same problem the last month and unfortunately, after looking at all of these months of posts I don't see a workable solution for me yet. I have a new computer, brand new video card, power supply and RAM are fine. Computer is not overheating. Yet, LoL always crashes my computer forcing me to hard restart. I only have a problem with LoL - no other game or program. After one of the crashes I found in the device manager that I had yellow exclamation points next to the Consumer IR devices and E-Home Infrared, which I researched and found counteract online games. I found a way to uninstall them permanently and then everything seemed to be working fine. Until I played LoL again and then Boom - CRASH. Now nothing works and I'm having to revert my computer back to it's image. When I get it all back up and running I'm going to try:

- Uninstalling Microsoft Infrared Transceivers again
- Changing the settings on LoL to lowest possible res
- Updating my video card drivers from the Asus website
- Maybe try CCleaner?

If that doesn't work then I'm going to have to stop playing I guess? This sucks! Riot help us!!

Odyessues

02-10-2013

Same here, i play for 5 minutes and then my monitor basically just does not even receive anything from my computer, and i have to hard reset it to regain control of my pc.

Enraging Rage

02-10-2013

Bump

Peridon

02-18-2013

bump...can riot do something about this ? this has been an issue since the latest patch, so many people have the same issue but yet riot doesn't do anything..