My computer freezes only playing LoL, PLEASE HELP

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiceNDice

03-23-2012

So i have a custom built computer, running AMD ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series graphic cards.
Windows 7 Home Premium
x64-based PC
Intel core i3 processor
I'm able too play battlefields 3 on highest settings with no crashes, but as soon as i play LoL ill disconnect multiple times in a game. What happens is the computer freezes and the sound distorts, playing what just happened about 0.2 seconds ago. forcing me too hardrestart my computer ( pressing power button on tower ) PLEASE I WANT A RESPONSE FROM RIOT, thank you.

EDIT 1 ~ i uninstalled my drivers, driversweeped, reinstalled them, reinstalled LoL , Teamspeak AND skype.. got two amazing games of no dc.. my ranked team though it was a miracle, boom computer freezes 3rd game

RiceNDice

03-23-2012

Obviously looking for a solution... thank you, checking out alot of threads just a theory but. For you who have the same problem as me, do u run windows 64bit home premium ?

Jokers

03-23-2012

Exactly the same problem here. I thought it might have been my pc...but you have a nice rig.
Its just plain out insane how after a "small" patch thing today, My pc dies randomly.
(Literally stops my hard drive and forces me to turn off and on the pc.)

And if its not that, it forces league to shutdown giving me a bugsplat,bugtrap how ever its called error.... I have tried playing league with only league(no back ground programs) And when I use teamspeak,gamebooster etc etc.

League is practically unplayable. How can an error be so bad it freezes the hardrive completely forcing me to unplug the powercable?

I assure any one that its only with league...and no its not the obvious overheating im even sure that even with an open fire under it, it would still probably not overheat...

I have a 32bit system too. So im sure it has nothing to do with 64bit systems being
"not compatible"....same for 32 bit.etcetc.

N1xxo

03-23-2012

bump having same problem, played tera beta for 10 hours today not a single freeze. Play lol for 25 mins and it freezes

AlyCat103

03-24-2012

my bf is having this same issue.

Computer freezes (no bsod) sound distorts and needs a hard reset.
I believe (not 100% sure) he's running a AMD ATI 5700 (or 56?)graphics card.
Windows 7 64bit home, icore2 3.0ghz, with 4 gb of ram.

This started happening around the fiora(ish?) patch i believe, but very rarely (only in lol, he also plays a lot of bt3 with no errors). It happened maybe 2 times between the fiora and lulu patch (playing around 4 games a day). Now it's happening every game, multiple times (around 3 per game) since the lulu patch.
It generally starts about 20 min after the game starts, never at the beginning.

His computer is about a year and a half old, and hasn't had any other problems with it (playing lol since he got it).

He has updated all of his drivers, and windows, and changed the game settings to lowest
In the event viewer there is no logs of errors around that time (other than windows didn't shut down properly after the restart). I did find application logs that there was an adobe air problem, and one event with panda media booster.
In the system events there is an error with the AOD driver4.1

I have not yet exhausted all means to solve this. But I wanted to bump this post.
I will try to update with any relevant info to the solution if I can find one (I'm not sure if this is a hardware, or a software conflict).

on behalf of him, I would appreciate any suggestions or help in fixing this.

EDIT 1:
I am suspicious this is a video card driver issue. On the day of the lulu patch, after the first freeze when windows booted up the command prompt came up with a video card driver install/update (? I'm not really sure I'm not familiar with win7, I'm still on xp). I have suggested to him to roll back his driver... we'll see what happens

EDIT 2"
One game no crashes:
Add/remove programs, uninstalled drivers for video card. Used driver sweeper, and remove the remaining video card driver **** from the uninstall (I believe, and I could be mistaken, that some other junk was removed in relation to the graphics - some Nvidia stuff.) downloaded driver from the site, and re installed. Then repair LoL. So far so good.

EDIT 3:
no crashes since process was completed in edit 2 (around 20 games).
Note: driver sweeper was used, and newest driver was downloaded directly from the site, any option to auto-update when restarted was declined.
after all was done, then a repair of LoL (not uninstalled, the little gear box in the top right of login screen for 'repair installation').
Other note - this was *not* a bsod. just straight up freezing, and the computer completely unresponsive, requiring a hard reset of the computer.
http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html for driver sweeper.

Jokers

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyCat103 View Post
Fact is, it started last night. When I opened leeague it did a small update of some sorts and after that "small patch" games auto shutdown...its actually bad for me tho 10+ times a game! + complete pc shutdown....

I have searched the forums and all I can find is what you have allready done. Update drivers etc etc. I have tested it even with all the settings to the lowest
(Even tho I get solid 60FPS with all settings maxed)...And I use 1024x768 res so im pretty sure my "heating problems" are fine.

Never higher than 38C Considering I live in a tropical hot place, that's cold for a graphics card. cpu never higher than 42 at max with league open,internet,teamspeak,other stuff.

I will try again today...I could not play a single game with out it happeneing after about 5mins-15mins in game

O and I noticed it even happens if im not ingame. Just if I have the client logged in for ex.
Im changing my runes,masteries,etc. Shutsdown league. or my pc. Weird huh? Considering I found about 20 players in 5 games alone that are having the same issue since yesterday,half of them report to me that it only happens 1-3 times a game. some are as bad as me.

I can't play league

Going to try again later...Been sneaking around to find a fix. If anyone finds anything at all please report this! Not the basic stuff please! This ain't a basic problem Long post...

N1xxo

03-24-2012

im rocking the 4850hd ati card, only happens in game and only with LoL. joke, wtb red

Jokers

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyCat103 View Post
EDIT 1:
I am suspicious this is a video card driver issue. On the day of the lulu patch, after the first freeze when windows booted up the command prompt came up with a video card driver install/update (? I'm not really sure I'm not familiar with win7, I'm still on xp). I have suggested to him to roll back his driver... we'll see what happens

EDIT 2"
One game no crashes:
Add/remove programs, uninstalled drivers for video card. Used driver sweeper. downloaded driver from the site, and re installed. Then repair LoL. So far so good.
Funny you mention this...I suspected it might have been a graphic driver problem.

So I did a uninstall,registry delete,removed the drivers etc. Did not work.
Did the same again just in case,then I re-installed win7. Tried one custom game to see if it works. 5mins later boom pc freezes. Have to hold the power for 5secs to turn it off...

Haven't had a bluescreen yet. going to see if I get some pics or something...

BSOD have nothing to do with league is the knowledge here. I refuse to believe that...

Lets see by tomorrow...maybe ill find something -__-

Its like a doctor telling you "hey your sick but we can't find why"

O and before I re-installed I was having freezes even when league was not on.ill see if it continues..

I can't believe this is happening...

Rather have a reason that know nothing...Try and try again...another day...disappointed...

Sinanima

03-27-2012

i believe i have the same problem.

while playing, the game will freeze, sometimes looping the last fraction of a second's worth of audio. i've had it happen while listening to music in another program (winamp !), and the music in the other program continues to play.

i have two monitors; i've seen the same crash in fullscreen mode and windowed mode. both monitors will go to sleep, as if no longer receiving signal.

i have an 8800GTX, and for what it's worth, i've noticed other people describing this problem who also have this video card.

in the other monitor i started keeping a temperature monitoring program open, and none of my temperatures (cpus, gpu) were very high at all.

i have played several other games on this machine for a significant amount of time (thanks to a very understanding wife :3 ) but i have not once had a problem like this, bringing my entire system to a stand-still and requiring i hit that reset button.

Sinanima

03-27-2012

same problem
8800gtx
temperatures at time of crash all fine

12345 ... 10