Why arn't we seeing more Zilian mids?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lolguy999

03-23-2012

Dunno is there a reason? Im really praticing for ranked by playing as many normal drafts as i can and honestly i have not yet seen a single zilian mid for that matter. I heard it is always banned in pro games so any reason this may be so?
Easy to get countered/counterpicked?
Hard to farm? no... mana issues?... anyone?

lockpooh

03-23-2012

For the same reason I don't really see a soraka or sona go mid. They don't bring enough to the table to deserve the solo farm & xp. I'd rather have a Cass or Kennen mid. They bring more to the table than an equally farmed & leveled support.

the dying noob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2012

Ap Zilean is almost completely useless endgame.

Spellthief

03-24-2012

Despite having great base base and ratio and Time Bomb, his double bomb combo just doesn't compare to other AP champs late game. Zilean effectively has 2 medium range damaging spells while other mages have 3 or 4 long range spells. It's too dangerous for Zilean to stay in range to repeatedly use his combo late game. His only presentable target is often a bruiser.

Intsikandy

03-24-2012

If you're about fast game-ending comps like xin zhao, shaco, and zilean, it's not bad, you essentially outrange and deny their AP carry or mid laner like crazy with your insane farming abilities and massive poke and early-midgame damage. Your passive helps your team outlevel your opponents massively with denying and early-game oriented compositions, and your swift ganking, mobility, and utility. You can be played as an AP, granted to match the damage of an AP carry you may have to get a Deathfire Grasp and/or Lich Bane, or you could become a tanky utility AP bruiser, who just focuses on becoming essentially the ultimate support who sticks onto carries, debuffs the enemy team, buffs your own team, and is capable of tanking and with your insane farming can keep the entire map lit up through mid-game with wards, an early oracles, all while still putting out decent damage to squishies without a ton of sustain throughout.

I0N

03-24-2012

no sustain

Merriken

03-24-2012

I legit just played Zilean mid. I like him a lot, but he does fall off late game. That's why you need to have a fed AD carry and hopefully jungler. Early game, if I have two ranks of Time Bomb, one of Rewind, and one of the speed thing, I just speed myself up, bomb them, rewind, bomb again, and their health is like half gone. Then I use Clarity and do it again. It's pretty easy to play safe with Zilean because you can slow a ganker or speed yourself up. But most of the above posters are right, he does fall off late game.