Sion, Item questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Railen

08-03-2010

So I started playing yesterday, and I like the durable DPS roll a bunch, Sion was my first IP purchase and I've been building him for AD. I start out with Life Leach (helps counter the Enrage penelty) and build into Starks, from there I build to a Atma's and then a frozen Mallet, That leaves 1 item for boots and then 2 other items left and im not sure what exactly would be best.

I've heard infinity Edge is very good, and I think Warmogs would combine nicely as it would increase my max health gain thus increasing my survival and damage via the Atma's.

But how much gold can I reasonably expect to of farmed by 10 minutes, 20 minutes 30 minutes?

UnOfficial

08-03-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=194210

Don;t get Tank.

Go AP Sion

You need to max out W . As you can destroy creep waves. Sion is the best early game farmer, so i'd say at least 65 in 10 minutes

YoonieDaCutie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2010

Since you play AD Sion...

Try stacking 2-3 Doran's Blades.
Max Enrage ASAP and keep last-hitting with it to get your HP up.
Pick up DPS item, up to you which ones (could be Frozen Mallet, Ghostblade, Infinity Edge or Black Cleaver)
Pick up Atma's Impaler, eat Red and Green elixirs.
Win.

Railen

08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxnyxnyx View Post
Since you play AD Sion...

Try stacking 2-3 Doran's Blades.
Max Enrage ASAP and keep last-hitting with it to get your HP up.
Pick up DPS item, up to you which ones (could be Frozen Mallet, Ghostblade, Infinity Edge or Black Cleaver)
Pick up Atma's Impaler, eat Red and Green elixirs.
Win.
2-3 Dorans seems like a huge waste as they don't build into anything, Wouldn't I be much better served buying other single mod items that build into something useful so im not wasting gold?

R66Y

08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railen View Post
2-3 Dorans seems like a huge waste as they don't build into anything, Wouldn't I be much better served buying other single mod items that build into something useful so im not wasting gold?
Dorans items are a trade off. They are the most cost effective items in the game for the stats they give, but, as you noted, don't build into anything. IF you can stack a few early, you can get a noticeable edge up into the early midgame over people building high end items. If this leads to a kill or two, then the Dorans items paid for themselves (at 435 gold each, a single kill will pay off most of a Dorans item). This can give you the level and gold advantage. However, if you don't get those kills, you will find yourself gimped a bit int he latter part of the game as you will be a bit behind ont he high power items and having to sell back your Dorans to open slots.

xpsychedelico

08-03-2010

I would suggest, like what UnOfficial said, to try an AP build. Sion can be built AD or tank, but I think he really shines when played as AP.

gutter

08-03-2010

As others have said, I'd suggest AP, in which case you'd probably start with a sheen and then move on in one of a variety of directions.

If you're going to go AD, start with a Doran's Shield. I'd actually suggest you rush either an infinity edge or brutalizer/yomumu's ghostblade. Some people might disagree with me, but my personal philosophy is that, generally speaking, early game lifesteal is a bad idea. Doran's pretty much makes up for that anyway. Once you get your ultimate at 6 you get all the lifesteal you need as it is.

The problem with AD sion, though, is that he can be frustrating to play as an actual carry. By going AD you really force yourself to play hybrid because you need to pay attention to CC with your Q, protecting your own self with your W, and then managing your R cooldown. Other carries, even melee ones, tend to have better tools for getting their damage done.

Tank sion is interesting but, as far as I can tell, isn't a very useful build right now. Your tank/AD hybrid build might be fun but takes too much gold to get off the ground, and without focusing on AP you'll hurt your farming since Sion's W is so good at that, especially once it's juiced up a bit with its 1:1 AP ratio.

xpsychedelico

08-04-2010

AP Sion is quite the farming beast. I'd say almost equal to Sivir if they both take a side lane. If a huge built up wave approaches during mid/late game, Sion can take it out immediately with his shield in one pop.

Railen

08-05-2010

I tried the AP build a little bit, and its definitely better early and mid game but tapers off late game, where as the AD build is decent the whole game and seems amazing lategame if you can get the item support. Thanks for all the advice sorry that the AP build just isn't for me. I'll try rushing an Infinity Edge next game I play and let you know how I like it.