[Guide]Desert Stormin' with Nasus - LONG

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pacolicious

10-26-2009

Only BADDIES get spirit fire...

It makes you get stupid mana regen items which delay ur superior build. And it takes away from your end game siphon strike ability. It is bad. Dont listen to people who get it.

MuscleMemory

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacolicious View Post
Only BADDIES get spirit fire...

It makes you get stupid mana regen items which delay ur superior build. And it takes away from your end game siphon strike ability. It is bad. Dont listen to people who get it.
In my experience spirit fire rocks, you become a great farmer with it and allows you to level sooner, allowing you to upgrade siphon strike earlier in the game's progression thus allowing you to upgrade your SS dmg.

I see "Baddies" trying to farm hardcore with their SS instead of fulfilling their role in the team and upgrading their SS as they go.

Pacolicious

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleMemory View Post
In my experience spirit fire rocks, you become a great farmer with it and allows you to level sooner, allowing you to upgrade siphon strike earlier in the game's progression thus allowing you to upgrade your SS dmg.

I see "Baddies" trying to farm hardcore with their SS instead of fulfilling their role in the team and upgrading their SS as they go.
Allows you to level sooner? How so? You don't get extra experience for getting the killing blow. LoL gives you a hero with 3 carry abilities and people chose to level the one that isnt first as if that is the way to go. I can't tell you how many times i lane nasus vs nasus, lose the battle from level 1-7 or so, and then destroy past that because all he can do is put some fire on the ground which i can fight thru

Maverick Renegade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2009

Quote:
Allows you to level sooner? How so? You don't get extra experience for getting the killing blow. LoL gives you a hero with 3 carry abilities and people chose to level the one that isnt first as if that is the way to go. I can't tell you how many times i lane nasus vs nasus, lose the battle from level 1-7 or so, and then destroy past that because all he can do is put some fire on the ground which i can fight thru

1) I find it hard to believe you end up laning 1-7 Nasus vs Nasus that often.

2) If you "lose the battle" 1-7, wouldn't the other guy have more items than you (since he's getting a lot more last-hits and also driving to blue pill more often)? And if he's using SF correctly, how are you last hitting with SS significantly more than he is when he controls the lane over you?

3) If you want to play a physical carry without an aoe spell, then why don't you pick another champion? If you think SF is so bad, why aren't you playing Yi or Trynd or Jax instead (not that they don't have aoe, but SF is quite different from theirs).

4) the game is about winning the match, not killing 1v1 (not that the SF Nasus won't kill you 1v1 too). Ignoring SF ignores one of the best advantages of Nasus, which is his ability to push a lane very quickly. The Nasus with SF will dominate you when it comes to clearing a lane to push your towers, and his usefulness in a team fight will far outweigh yours as well. Being able to use SF will outwiegh the extra 2 points you put into the other abilities, assuming you are both equally capable players.

If you come in calling other people "bads" then you aren't contributing to the discussion. It makes me think you are just here to try to epeen stroke, especially when your assertions aren't really that credible from my experience and the pages of responses before yours. If you want to actually discuss the pros/cons of a strategy, then if you refrain from the name-calling, people will respond to you better.

Pacolicious

10-26-2009

Plain and simple. He is a carry, if you play him any other way you are not playing him to his full potential. SF has a few good uses but it requires items that end up useless and delay ur core build. New people get SF and see all the dollar signs and wet themselves. Stop getting it people.

The Johninator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2009

Quote:
Plain and simple. He is a carry, if you play him any other way you are not playing him to his full potential. SF has a few good uses but it requires items that end up useless and delay ur core build. New people get SF and see all the dollar signs and wet themselves. Stop getting it people.
Hardly. Spirit Fire is one of the best farms in the game, and if you think spending ~800 gold to get a Chalice is "delaying your core build for maximum potential" you have some trouble with gold or understanding the idea of laning.

If you solo mid, you're going to be pushing the tower and killing every creep wave with SF by itself at level 7(rank 4 of SF). Before then it's very easy to grab rank 1 of Siphoning Strike and last hit the ones that you can, every creep wave.

Nasus can be an effective carry, but he can also be a very effective support or tank role. I suggest you try a few different builds other than your "optimum build" before bashing older players and calling them new.

Atmosfear

10-26-2009

Quote:

If you seriously play Nasus as a carry, you are in for a rude awakening. Melee carries suck and Nasus is possibly one of the worst. Don't even start talking about full potential when you are the one who is grossly misinformed.

A tanking Nasus on the other hand is quite formidable and sturdy enough to sometimes take on the enemy team 1v5 and survive their onslaught. In fact, Nasus is even listed under TANKS so you are wrong again.

SF is by and far his best ability. Siphon Strike on the other hand is quite possibly THE WORST.

Pacolicious

10-26-2009

Siphon strike is A - M - A - Z - I - N - G. An extremely short cooldown, low mana cost spell, that continually increases in damage. If you level SF first like so many of the baddies i see playing this game, then your throwing the one skill that makes you so powerful late game out the window.

Now SF only helps u farm early game. Past level 7 it becomes extremely USELESS. (compared to the alternatives) What i see these people do that get SF, is they will cast it on a creep wave. Do you know what happens next?!? ALL the creeps die. Thats not what you want... You WANT to last hit everything. Lets compare 2 ways of playing.

Lets consider the hero is at level 7 or 8 (early game i agree SF is better... but thats for about 5-8 minutes)

First Nasus gets SF: Each creep wave he gets 6 kills and 1 siphon strike last hit
Second Nasus gets SS: Each creep wave he gets 4-6 kills and 3-5 siphon strike last hits

Clearly averaging 3 more siphon strikes while average 1 less kill is much better. The point is, if your good at last hitting, you simply dont NEED SF.

Past level 7 I will farm just as well as SF Nasus but while doing so I will be farming up siphon strike.

Points being: There are just a few cases when leveling SF would be better, and most often you wont know until u see who u are facing. If you are a good player, you dont need it. One level is PERFECT for the reduced armor. I will continue beating up on SF Nasus and i guess people will continue making guides saying SF is the way to go.

The Johninator

10-27-2009

I had the opportunity of laning mid 1v1 against another Nasus. I picked up SF first. He went with some weird SS + Tiamat + trinity force build. Needless to say, it wasn't long before I pushed his tower and outfarmed him pretty quickly. Trynd was the only other one that was close to me in creep kills, and I still was about 50 ahead of him. Lets average and say each creep is worth ~20g. That's 1000 more gold I would have over him, and that's 68 more kills over the opposing Nasus(again roughly 1360 more gold). More last hits from SF = more xp, only increased by talents and runes. Throw in a few kills on him in the early/mid game and the gap widens even further.

While a lot of your early game strategy depends on the opposing champions in your lane, Spirit Fire is a tough one to say no to. Greater creep kills = more lane pushing = more gold = more xp vs less creep kills with slightly more damage to a single attack(yes, slightly, 2 damage per kill isn't a huge number). You just can't compare that.

Pacolicious

10-27-2009

1v1 nasus vs nasus, hands down SS is FAR better than SF. I cant help that you played against an inferior nasus. He should have been averaging 4-5 creep kills per wave and 3-4 SS hits per wave. At 7 he should have been able to have his way with u by harrasing you. Its SOOO easy to defeat a SF nasus.... this is just silly the amount of players who still think SF is the way to go