[Guide]Desert Stormin' with Nasus - LONG

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charmicarmicarmicat

10-21-2009

has any1 tried AP nassus? rylai works with wither so they basically stop, plus your ultimate will suck more life and give you more damage. Plus AP spiritfire is great vs heimerdinger. Thoughts?

Hatch

10-21-2009

So it sounds like I'm OK to avoid the AP, should get Bloodthirster instead of Black Cleaver (that makes a lot of sense). Now I'm just on the fence about the Warmog's vs. Frozen Heart/Banshee's Veil issue. With Philo, passive, and Bloodthirster, it seems the regen would be going to waste. Plus, you can better capitalize on the bonus HP from your ulti by protecting that HP with armor or MR. I have very little experience with Nasus, but am interested in playing him, so hopefully those with more experience will have the answers.

Nasus makes a good counter to Heimerdinger, btw.

Corvus Corax

10-21-2009

@DryPenguin
Ok I wanna increment SS, that is why Im picking it over other skills -> more dmg, easier last hits. But I guess my complaint is summarized well in that sentence "It is hard to keep last hitting with SS while the opposing ranged champs are on you, even with a little help of Spirit Fire."

Warmog is a tanking item. Im not much after scores as long as my team wins. But I dont usually play a tank since Im solo and dont do premades. You usually need a DPSer to team with you on that, killing them while you soak up all the damage. But I find that some people are playing cowardly, running real early. Or dont even care about you going in first for a confrontation. It sucks to play a tank like that. Warmog could be better on heroes like Tryndamere and Mundo, who spends health for abilites.

SkarFaith

10-21-2009

Yeah, AP is not necessary. The only AP item I sport is Nashor but mainly (or only) because of the regen, AS and reduced CD's. It happens to allow me to stop leveling SF ant lvl 3, but if you don't have any AP, just go to level 4.

I'll try lifesteal and see how it feels. Bloodthirster has the advantage of packing damage and if you don't die you can even increase it to a very high level.

Oh, and the jungling tip is a good one too. I rarely think about it, because I often play with a jungling warick in my team, but I'll try it anyway.

PS: Keep last hitting with SS.

DryPenguin

10-21-2009

I posted a long response to a couple of you and then my comp crashed and I lost it. BOOOO

Anyway, the basic gist was that Warmogs is a matter of preference and I like it because of how easy it is to boost up to the max. I find that it is more useful all around, but will switch to whatever fits the team I am playing.

Krald

10-21-2009

So, I looked at Lee HWAITING's profile and saw a full page of wins, all with Nasus. After asking him how he built him, he gave me this, and let me just say this:
Pushing/tank Nasus is simply one of the best item/mastery builds for any character on this game. I have yet to lose with this, and in every given match, have the highest creep kills, lowest deaths, and most amount of assists in a game. In my honest opinion, (and I've tested multiple builds, multiple times, including this one) you shouldn't be running anything else but this.

Defensive Mastery Tree

Cleanse/Teleport

1 point into SS
Max SF
Max Wither

Doran's shield + hp pot at start
Chalice
Ninja tabi or Mercury's treads
3x Heart of Gold
Sell Dorans, buy Sunfire Cape
Sell HoG, buy Aegis
Sell HoG, buy Sunfire Cape
Sell HoG, buy Bashee's Veil.

You simply feel unstoppable. Forget that it doesn't add to siph strike damage blah blah blah, this build makes Nasus THE best pusher in the game, and one of the best initiators/tanks.

I don't even know how to lose with this build. So far the only soft counters have been morgana and Zilean, ONLY if they are both on the same team.

The Johninator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2009

I play Nasus a good bit, and the more I play him the less I like a dps build. He's simply too squishy. I've been playing a support/tank role, and while I usually have a fair amount of deaths, I have a larger number of killing blows and assists, along with building kills.
Stark's is a must for team fights. The Attack Speed boost, armor reduction, lifesteal, and HP Regen are very synergetic with lots of heroes and great for myself.

Item List:
Meki Pendant or Mana Manipulator (later Soul Shroud/Chalice)
I'll grab Meki if my teammate has a Manipulator or isn't that reliant on spammed skills or mana regen, but otherwise the group buff allows for a lot of lane control. Either way I have a large variety of items I can choose to build this into depending on the enemy team comp.

Stark's Fervor
Amazing item. Never play him without it.

Boots
I have tried every single boot combination on Nasus, and the least effective I find is Sorcerer's Shoes. Every other one has a nice niche, depending on the enemy team comp. Swiftness makes him a great chaser; getting a Wither off on a fleeing champion after Flash is often the difference between catching them or having them escape. Ninja Tabi has it's uses with useful anti-physical stats. Mercury's Treads are situational but again, let him chase much more effectively and reduce magic damage. I tend to not take Berserkers Greaves simply because of the better options of the other boots.

Sheen -> Trinity Force
Another very good item for him, as he benefits from every stat.

Banshee's Viel/Frozen Heart/Guardian Angel
Depending on the other team comp. I have taken all three, and you can tank a few champions by yourself with good armor/MR and lifesteal or at the very least tie them up until you get support.

Last Whisper
Again, another great item. 40% armor negated plus Stark's and Spirit Fire is rough for any hero.

Just my two cents. Nasus has some great control and support, and I feel better serves a team that way and letting others deal the damage.

Edit: Krald's post is full of win. I agree with almost everything he says, because I prefer mana regen at the start for more Spirit Fires. I usually go SF, Wither, SS, SF, SF, FotS. Maxing Wither is key to control, and SF is what allows you to push lanes. Also, putting a SF down on a tower hugging champ can do more damage than you think. I can normally get away with the delayed explosion without getting hit by the tower, then the champ tries to prevent the tower from taking damage by taking it himself and has a load of -armor from SF.

SkarFaith

10-21-2009

Sure, Nasus tank is incredible, but this guide was about playing him as a damage dealer, and in PUG, you don't want to play tank, because most often you get a team that doesn't understand how to play together, and you just end up losing the game even though you're tough and you can push.

If you're with friends though, I'm sure he's a monster tank. Might try it.

Odinson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2009

The item build i like to do is mainly focused on 2 things dmg and survivability witch in essence are the same thing with nasus and his lifedrain. This I feel makes him a potent hero fighter and ganker and I almost always get alot of assists.

Berserker boots
Phantom dancer (not sure why no one else uses this one its so awesome on him)
Stark's Fervour
Infinity Edge
Banshee Veil
Gaurdian Angel

Some times will change boots out with Ninja tabi especially if i have defensive tree masteries in the 5 dodge masteries.

You can almost go toe to toe with anyone of equal gear/level this way. Although you have to be smart about your mana at lower levels.

imo sheen is nice but not worth the time with mana/ap versus attack power items the bonus dmg is decent ,but i believe it only effects base dmg not siphon strike added damage (havent had time to comfirm this). So i prefer the steady increase in dmg/as/crit over the minor spike in dmg periodically with sheen. I find it more reliable.

Hatch

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
Phantom dancer (not sure why no one else uses this one its so awesome on him)
Because they'd rather make Zeal into a Trinity Force (obviously not applicable for you because you don't like Sheen). The majority of the money spent on Phantom Dancer is actually spent on the dodge, so it's not as cost-effective a damage item as many think. You get more out of a Zeal+Starks for a similar price unless you are focused exclusively on crits, imo.

Personally, one of the reasons I like Sheen is the extra mana it gives you, since I spam a lot but don't like to spend on a Chalice (get Philo Stone instead). The only waste with Sheen is the ability power.

You are correct that Sheen does not stack onto SS; Sheen only adds your weapon's base damage. But even early game that's an extra 80 damage every third attack or less for a very low cost (this is one thing people often forget when comparing items. Everyone ****es themselves over IE, forgetting that it costs more than pretty much every other item...not that it's not a great item, it's just not the end all be all of dps).

And it scales higher the more +damage you pick up. If you prefer to build Nasus based on crit you can, but right now I just grab Sheen then stack +attack damage. Does anyone know for sure if the Siphoning Strike damage can crit, or if it's added on separately like the Sheen proc? If the damage from SS is doubled on a crit, then a crit build might be really powerful on him.

I tried this build tonight, and liked it. I raised all my skills at pretty much an even rate, focusing on SF first.

Meki+Health pot -> Philo Stone
Berserker's Greaves
Sheen
Glacial Shroud
Bloodthirster
Phage
Zeal->Trinity Force

Then either get Black Cleaver, Frozen Heart, Aegis, or Banshee's Veil depending on team.

Stark's is a GREAT item (I get it on all of my other physical champ builds) but I prefer to focus on Attack Damage on Nasus to capitalize on Sheen.

123456 ... 7