Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Queue Dodging

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pädwani

03-23-2012

I understand everyone Hates people who Queue dodge, because it prolongs getting into a game.

am I the only one who sometimes finds it necessary to dodge?

Someone calls a lane, picks their champ. For Instance, I wanted to AP TF mid. next 2 people insta lock Mid Solo Ap Champs Karth/Brand.

It wouldn't have been a problem. I would have chosen a Ranged AD, but our 4th pick was an Evelyn and a lulu.

No Tank, No Jungler, 3 ap, and what seems to be a now useless champ.

Why do people have no regard for comps and just play who they want to play? I feel that half of these are "Play Ranked" even then, you have people trolling with "I don't play Support/Tank" and are the last pick and end up losing because you're missing that roll.

Dreadstealth

03-23-2012

Agreed. Sometimes your team comp is just so horrendous it seems like it will never work in a million years. One game, I once had a team that consisted of me jungling Shyvana, Ahri, Cass, Twitch, and Evelynn. the entire game ahri and Cass were fighting about mid, while twitch and evelynn just left their lanes and wandered the entire game. Needless to say, it failed miserably.

d4l3kcaan

03-24-2012

i had to queue jump alot yesterday, every match it seems we had three people insta lock melee AD.

so i gave up and played bots eventualy /;

Zairex

03-24-2012

I say it's ok to dodge from trolls. Just don't dodge because of personal interests, like if someone instalocks your character.

Stunnie

03-24-2012

Sadly leaving a ranked queue lowers your elo, but sometimes it's necessary since you know it's a loss.

Serra ArkAngel

03-25-2012

I don't know that there's a whole lot Riot can do about it. I've had quite a few draft games where someone will call tank and jungle only to end up with 3 squishy AP and 2 support. But making it easier to dodge will just feed the trolls.

Little Boy Nate

03-25-2012

If Riot put in a Queue Dodge Tribunal then I think it would work out very well. If you dodge you need to give a short reason like when you report someone and people judge based on chat and your team. People will judge to see if the dodge was warranted and if not, lower ELO or some other punishment.

ArchonStrength

03-25-2012

When you que of for ranked games you have to be open to play any class.Your 4 other teammates may only be good at one or two roles so you have to adjust according to your team. Make sure your team is communicating from the start their best roles. Since your in Elo Hell I assume that the kids your playing with are stubborn and want to play 1 specific hero.

HMG Darkrone

03-26-2012

Quote:
Stunnie:
Sadly leaving a ranked queue lowers your elo, but sometimes it's necessary since you know it's a loss.

False, sometimes the unexpected happens...
i have a few games where i expect a loss but its rank afterall so i just play it out and ended up with wins anyways..

Well maybe only in 1500 elo +
Because one mistake could cost the entire game. If the team knows how to play it out correctly

serisho

03-29-2012

I think the penalty for queue dodging is awesome (except the 10 loss rating if you dodge ranked)

it gives you plenty of time so you don't get stuck with the people you dodged for....and we all know thats why you dodged....the time limit wouldnt matter if you dodged because you decided you were finished for the time being.