League of Legends WORKING on Linux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FinrodUrFelagund

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcye View Post
Great, I also have a 64 bit and usually use 32 bit builds. I get them through PlayOnLinux usually, so I can have lots of different versions available, but it always takes some time to get specifically patched builds, and their request form seems to be down for now.

I just hate compiling wine, I have the same error with 1.5.3, 1.4 and 1.3.37, that's frustrating, I never succeeded at compiling it.
Put the files here: --Editted out--

This install was compiled to be run out of /usr/local/bin/wine-1.4/ and I strongly suspect if they aren't put there it won't work [i.e. was compiled with "./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bin/wine-1.4 LDFLAGS="-L./lib32"]. Ubuntu 10.04, Wine 1.4rc6. Good luck.

As I said (mainly for the benefit of anyone else) absolutely no guarantees are offered ;-)

Can you remember what problem you were having when trying to compile, was it a missing dependency or something. It was a massive failure for me first time I tried it a year or so ago, though I wasn't sure if it was due to my Wine- or compilation- noobishness.

Elcye

05-05-2012

Thanks a lot but it crashes instantly on my computer. I'll try to get some of your libs with some of the binaries I have and see if I can get something.

The problem I have isn't due to missing dependencies, it seems that the compilation tries to use 64 bits libs to compile a 32 bits executable, and crashes mid compilation. Google and winehq aren't too talkative about it, sadly.

FinrodUrFelagund

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcye View Post
Thanks a lot but it crashes instantly on my computer. I'll try to get some of your libs with some of the binaries I have and see if I can get something.

The problem I have isn't due to missing dependencies, it seems that the compilation tries to use 64 bits libs to compile a 32 bits executable, and crashes mid compilation. Google and winehq aren't too talkative about it, sadly.
Did you use the
Code:
LDFLAGS="-L./lib32"
switch because I found that helped?

Otherwise not very sure - post up the exact error message if you get the chance...

EDIT: Anyway as suspected the patch is still being tested and is likely to not be the final version.... Using at own risk.

Elcye

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinrodUrFelagund View Post
Did you use the
Code:
LDFLAGS="-L./lib32"
switch because I found that helped?

Otherwise not very sure - post up the exact error message if you get the chance...

EDIT: Anyway as suspected the patch is still being tested and is likely to not be the final version.... Using at own risk.
Problem solved. I did used all the necessary flags, I used that:
CC="gcc-4.4 -m32" LDFLAGS="-m32 -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib32" ./configure -v

But the compilation failed in one of the dll folder. Apparently, it tried to compiled it with 64bits libs. It was launching that compilation command:
../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -m32 -B../../tools/winebuild --sysroot=../.. -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -shared ./gphoto2.ds.spec capability.o ds_image.o gphoto2_main.o ui.o gphoto2.res -o gphoto2.ds.so -lcomctl32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -ladvapi32 ../../libs/port/libwine_port.a -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lgphoto2 -lgphoto2_port -lm -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lgphoto2_port -m32 -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib32

You can see the 64bits flags, so I went in the folder, manually launched the command without those two flags, it worked, I went back to the source directory and relaunch make, and it finished properly.

So it's working, thanks for the help.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

05-07-2012

I'd like to give this an additional message:

THIS SOLUTION IS SLOPPY AND DANGEROUS! It can still give freezes in the loading screen under a lot of circumstances!! Be aware of that! Also, keep an eye on ranma's url, because an improved version may come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinrodUrFelagund View Post
Fixed!! - Linux only - can't comment on Mac (though from reading the forum they've nearly fixed their client too)

Massive thanks to the iLoL team over at http://boompje.net/ been keeping a close eye on their fix and it seems that it's either been released or will be soon, they stated that they had fixed the problem earlier today but have been working on distributing the patch for their users through their custom-patcher.

Anyway I jumped straight over to the server where the heap allocation ntdll patch was saved and dug out the patch for this from*: http://uz.sns.it/~ranma42/iLoL/spectator-fix-v2/ - I already use the 0001-ntdll... patch so I downloaded the second (0002-imm32...), applied both patches to the wine-1.4rc6 source code and re-compiled. Just tested a custom game and it worked perfectly :-D

Was a little unsure if this was the best way to proceed - as there were .dll.so (override?) files for wine there also... I concluded these would be for Mac and that the re-compile is always the safest bet.

Given that boompje posts on here himself (or on behalf of the project) I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you are sure what you're doing - I sure boompje will come over and post here once they are certain of the fix.

Thank you very much to Boompje and the team, especially ranma42

*(Hope and presume that it was up for a reason I'm not being rude posting this link - obviously I take no credit WHATSOEVER)

Finally as I was fairly new to compiling I pretty much used this guide (obviously had to tweak the code as per my OS) and a dash of common sense. Would strongly recommend not installing a patched version of wine over your current stable version and instead installing them side-by-side so you can use both:

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/howto-install-multiple-wine-versions-on.html

Elcye

05-07-2012

Adding to what Boompje said, from what I've seen, the current patch is actually just removing one line of code from wine. It lets the game load, but can probable cause other problems elsewhere.

Though I had no problems since I use the patch.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

05-08-2012

Hey guys. Ranma has uploaded a new fix, v3. So far, this seems to be a stable one!

FinrodUrFelagund

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompje View Post
Hey guys. Ranma has uploaded a new fix, v3. So far, this seems to be a stable one!
Thanks I found this earlier ... recompiling again. See how it works ... then gotta work on the shop(!)

Elcye

05-08-2012

Recompiling too. By the way, I requested the build with the v2 patch on PlayonLinux (and the fps patch). I told them they should maybe hold on until a final patch come out, but they still compiled it, so it is available there for wine 1.4-rc6 and 1.5.3 (-heap_allocation_v2-deadlock_avoid)

So I won't request the build on the v3 patch until we know it is good or not. Once iLoL is released, I'll request it and tell them they should remove the v2.

Deonsion

05-08-2012

Heya.. .Could someone please inform me how you are applying the patches? I run "patch -p1 xxx.patch" but it sits at the cursor and does not ever do anything. {inside of the source folder when applying it}