League of Legends WORKING on Linux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleekman

05-02-2012

bump

Larrik Jaerico

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Same for me, spectator mode works, but the game crashes. Haven't tried too hard yet, though.

Sleekman

05-03-2012

Posted a bug report on WineHQ, head over and confirm it if you are having the same issue.

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30585

chousho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

This worked for me right up until I was loading the game.

I reached 95% loaded, and other players were still loading, when the game just stopped doing anything. I most likely should have done this in an AI game, so that it doesn't look like I'm a leaver

SO CLOSE! Agh!

FinrodUrFelagund

05-05-2012

Fixed!! - Linux only - can't comment on Mac (though from reading the forum they've nearly fixed their client too)

Massive thanks to the iLoL team over at http://boompje.net/ been keeping a close eye on their fix and it seems that it's either been released or will be soon, they stated that they had fixed the problem earlier today but have been working on distributing the patch for their users through their custom-patcher.

Anyway I jumped straight over to the server where the heap allocation ntdll patch was saved and dug out the patch for this from*: http://uz.sns.it/~ranma42/iLoL/spectator-fix-v2/ - I already use the 0001-ntdll... patch so I downloaded the second (0002-imm32...), applied both patches to the wine-1.4rc6 source code and re-compiled. Just tested a custom game and it worked perfectly :-D

Was a little unsure if this was the best way to proceed - as there were .dll.so (override?) files for wine there also... I concluded these would be for Mac and that the re-compile is always the safest bet.

Given that boompje posts on here himself (or on behalf of the project) I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you are sure what you're doing - I sure boompje will come over and post here once they are certain of the fix.

Thank you very much to Boompje and the team, especially ranma42

*(Hope and presume that it was up for a reason I'm not being rude posting this link - obviously I take no credit WHATSOEVER)

Finally as I was fairly new to compiling I pretty much used this guide (obviously had to tweak the code as per my OS) and a dash of common sense. Would strongly recommend not installing a patched version of wine over your current stable version and instead installing them side-by-side so you can use both:

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.co.uk/2...rsions-on.html

Elcye

05-05-2012

@FinrodUrFelagund: As expected, I fail at compiling wine. I've never succeeded at doing so.

Would you be so kind as upload the two concerned compiled dlls somewhere. That would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

FinrodUrFelagund

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcye View Post
@FinrodUrFelagund: As expected, I fail at compiling wine. I've never succeeded at doing so.

Would you be so kind as upload the two concerned compiled dlls somewhere. That would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
If you tell me where you'd like them then I guess I don't mind. Only worry is that it won't work otherwise no skin off my nose.

Will it work though, surely if your Wine is configured slightly (let alone is a different version) differently my files won't work - sorry not very hot on this.... Also did you look at the link with the patch - there are two files below the source code patches, with .dll.so extensions - try these - not 100% sure where they'd go though. But they are standard for Wine and there are several locations on my PC with these files ... hunt around /usr/bin/ ???

EDIT: Obviously if I did upload my dll's without really knowing what I'm doing then I wouldn't be in a position to provide any guarantees!

Elcye

05-05-2012

Actually, it seems it's a bit more complex than just changing dlls. As you said, there are those .so files which may have changed too. I tried using the .so files, but it didn't work.

If you have time and bandwidth, you could upload your compiled wine directory (mine contains the directories bin lib lib64 (if it is a 64bits build) and share) on mediafire for example.

FinrodUrFelagund

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcye View Post
Actually, it seems it's a bit more complex than just changing dlls. As you said, there are those .so files which may have changed too. I tried using the .so files, but it didn't work.

If you have time and bandwidth, you could upload your compiled wine directory (mine contains the directories bin lib lib64 (if it is a 64bits build) and share) on mediafire for example.
Ok, doing that now mate. It's about 200mb but I have a ****ty internet connection so bear with, hope it works. I have 64bit PC but only use 32bit Wine for ease, and I have no interest in running 64bit apps. Hope this won't break it for you...

EDIT: When I compiled actually I didn't have any use for the two .dll.so files

Elcye

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinrodUrFelagund View Post
Ok, doing that now mate. It's about 200mb but I have a ****ty internet connection so bear with, hope it works. I have 64bit PC but only use 32bit Wine for ease, and I have no interest in running 64bit apps. Hope this won't break it for you...

EDIT: When I compiled actually I didn't have any use for the two .dll.so files
Great, I also have a 64 bit and usually use 32 bit builds. I get them through PlayOnLinux usually, so I can have lots of different versions available, but it always takes some time to get specifically patched builds, and their request form seems to be down for now.

I just hate compiling wine, I have the same error with 1.5.3, 1.4 and 1.3.37, that's frustrating, I never succeeded at compiling it.