League of Legends WORKING on Linux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleekman

05-01-2012

Boompje, SAVE US.

New patch broke loading games (but not the new spectator mode, lol)

At 33% loading, I see this in my terminal.

fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x100c2, 0x14a528): stub
fixme:imm:ImmGetOpenStatus (0x14a528): semi-stub
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bcad958 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0055, blocked by 0053, retrying (60 sec)

Borr3guit0

05-01-2012

bump

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleekman View Post
Boompje, SAVE US.

New patch broke loading games (but not the new spectator mode, lol)

At 33% loading, I see this in my terminal.

fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x100c2, 0x14a528): stub
fixme:imm:ImmGetOpenStatus (0x14a528): semi-stub
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bcad958 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0055, blocked by 0053, retrying (60 sec)
Same on our Mac client.

kurama418

05-02-2012

yep after patch it is now broke on both my linux and mac.... even in windows it is acting strange sometimes.

FinrodUrFelagund

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurama418 View Post
yep after patch it is now broke on both my linux and mac.... even in windows it is acting strange sometimes.
Just patched my LoL and it's still working... Not sure what I'm doing correctly that everyone else isn't.. Wine 1.4-rc6, Ubuntu 10.04 (and obviously using the official client not the ACE one)

The 33% hang is something that I've always had to deal with from time-to-time, I always had to brute-force my way past it... close the launcher, reopen, cross fingers, sometimes it will hang on 33% or 0% and the Play button will never be activated, sometimes it's actually downloading in the background, so using another application check it's not downloading and if it is wait. Otherwise close --> reopen, repeat.

I'm presuming it doesn't matter that it is actually EU West that I usually play on, same game an' all...

EDIT: I've noticed that the err line you post above is to do with "ntdll" - as I've said before I've got a wine client that I've built myself to include the ntdll patch, wonder if this would fix the problem for other people. That said I can't imagine I'm the only one with the patch as the game is a tad unplayable without it....

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinrodUrFelagund View Post
Just patched my LoL and it's still working... Not sure what I'm doing correctly that everyone else isn't.. Wine 1.4-rc6, Ubuntu 10.04 (and obviously using the official client not the ACE one)

The 33% hang is something that I've always had to deal with from time-to-time, I always had to brute-force my way past it... close the launcher, reopen, cross fingers, sometimes it will hang on 33% or 0% and the Play button will never be activated, sometimes it's actually downloading in the background, so using another application check it's not downloading and if it is wait. Otherwise close --> reopen, repeat.

I'm presuming it doesn't matter that it is actually EU West that I usually play on, same game an' all...

EDIT: I've noticed that the err line you post above is to do with "ntdll" - as I've said before I've got a wine client that I've built myself to include the ntdll patch, wonder if this would fix the problem for other people. That said I can't imagine I'm the only one with the patch as the game is a tad unplayable without it....
The ntdll patch is already automatically included in iLoL for mac. What packages do you have in your engine?

FinrodUrFelagund

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompje View Post
The ntdll patch is already automatically included in iLoL for mac. What packages do you have in your engine?
Hmm well I can't fully remember sorry, as I have tried different packages at different times... the standard ones at the top end of this guide, vcrun2005 (and/or 08?), ie6, wininit, corefonts (+maybe extras), d3dx9, adobeair, gecko, dotnet20, dotnet35 failed to install... I think that's it. The most recent package I've installed is dotnet, which I was hoping would fit a few bugs (it didn't so far as I could tell...) I'd been holding back cos I was trying to keep the minimum number of packages on this Wineprefix, dotnet is quite *bulky* shall we say...

Is there a way to get Winetricks to report what it's been used to install?

HyperbolDiffuser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-02-2012

Same issues here (spectator mode works, game crashes on loading screen).

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

05-02-2012

Quote:
Hmm well I can't fully remember sorry, as I have tried different packages at different times... the standard ones at the top end of this guide, vcrun2005 (and/or 08?), ie6, wininit, corefonts (+maybe extras), d3dx9, adobeair, gecko, dotnet20, dotnet35 failed to install... I think that's it. The most recent package I've installed is dotnet, which I was hoping would fit a few bugs (it didn't so far as I could tell...) I'd been holding back cos I was trying to keep the minimum number of packages on this Wineprefix, dotnet is quite *bulky* shall we say...

Not that I know, but there probably is. You shouldn't be needing any dotnet

FinrodUrFelagund

05-02-2012

Quote:

*Ahem* Yeah so reading that correctly and coincidently trying to play a game for the first time since the patch, it crashes, *ignore me* - I'd seen the 33% hang sentence and presumed this was talk about the patcher. Same problem. Boooo ;-(

EDIT: Yeah I think adding dotnet was a mistake, horrible suite of applications...