League of Legends WORKING on Linux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrimsynSeven

02-01-2013

Release a native client already

Echonaut

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy Kenn View Post
I get crashed when the game start any suggestion ?
Depends, what error are you getting?

I had an issue in Arch Linux 64bit that caused crashes whenever champ selection was done and the game would start. I moved wine to a 32bit chroot and it worked fine.

HirÝ Nakamura

02-09-2013

I've got an issue installing LoL onto my Linux side. I have it on Windows 7, but cant get it to install on Mint13 because it only wants to install LoL on my small SDD that I boot both OSs from.

I have a 120gb SSD that I boot from and have a 2.5TB HDD as a "library" that I pull everything from. I have LoL installed in the "library" on the windows side, can view it on my Linux side, but when I use Wine to install it for Linux it only shows my SSD and wont give me any route to my HDD. How can I bridge the two drives so that Wine can pull/operate on the HDD and save to it as well?

DeathToBears

02-09-2013

Just re-install windows, much easier to download things on windows... Im telling you this why? Because Linux is just ****, you need to go through around 100 guides before you can be able to download anything PLUS my experience with Linux is awful I figure the running Linux would be more of a safe mode system or whatever. I know for a fact Linux just ain't meant for downloading games!

HirÝ Nakamura

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToBears View Post
Just re-install windows, much easier to download things on windows... Im telling you this why? Because Linux is just ****, you need to go through around 100 guides before you can be able to download anything PLUS my experience with Linux is awful I figure the running Linux would be more of a safe mode system or whatever. I know for a fact Linux just ain't meant for downloading games!

Read what I wrote before you make anymore stupid comments. I have BOTH Windows 7 and Mint 13. LoL works fine on Windows, but when I try to install it on Linux it wants to put it on the SSD (which no longer has space) and isn't showing my HDD (where I'd like to put Linux's install of LoL).

It isnt an issue with Linux so much as it is with Wine1.4 I think. Linux can access my HDD just fine, but Wine is unable to install to my HDD for some reason.

Yes, Linux does not have many games on it, but that's not to say it wasn't "made" for games. Linux is the closest thing to universal coding (internet code) on an OS that there is. Microsoft and MAC OS's have to be bought while Linux is free. Who do you think has more monetary power to persuade gaming companies to create games in their code?

Please uninstall League of Legends on your computer and go back to WoW. The Barrens chat needs more people like you.

Darth Avaliana

02-09-2013

Riot should just make a Linux Version of LoL and that will make everyone happy. seriously why should only Windows and Mac be the only ones who get LoL. Linux runs games better simple as that.

iTz Plagues

Recruiter

02-10-2013

I've recently been able to access the store, but I can't buy any runes. Everything else is available though.

Edit:Well, nevermind that. I see I'm not the only one with this issue.

Maelodic

02-12-2013

I'm getting a black screen when it loads, and then a black screen and the item shop cursor when I am actually "ingame"

AMD 64bit
A8
AMD Propietary Catalyst.

Sore51

02-14-2013

I have a problem!!!!! I cant open my LoL launcher!!! it starts and shows the logo but then it crashes before i can even see the play button that brings you to the login screen!! i tried restarting my computer, redownloading the game and all of that!! i cant seem to find out what is wrong!!!

datalurkur

02-14-2013

The setup went fine, but when I actually try to run it through wine, it gets into ntdll and exits quietly at NtReadFile = 0xc000014b.

Ubuntu 12.10, 32-bit