League of Legends WORKING on Linux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laochuangtzu

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by futmeK1VYvImO7RT View Post
EDIT
SOLVED

If someone still need to fix the problem, follow this little guide:

1. Install PlayOnLinux 4.1.x,
2. Install button > Check "In testing" checkbox > Games > League of Legends
4. Download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19900472/1.5...pdated2.tar.gz
5. untar it
6. Place the untared folder under /home/$USER/.PlayOnLinux/wine/linux-x86/
7. Open PlayOnLinux
8. Configure your LoL-Installation
9. Switch the used wine version from 1.5.5-LeagueofLegends to 1.5.18-LoL-updated2
10. Enjoy.

This patch just doesn't work for me, it crashes before even displaying.

hunterzero 0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Great guide thanks. The only thing is that ie6 won't install on my 64 bit. Is there a replacement for this? or do I have go 32 bit?

pyro89man

12-20-2012

so i have a asus transformer tablet with keyboard and its running android 4.1.1 but i didnt know if i could run the linux version of lol on it

IS196ec620b560b54157646

12-21-2012

Hello everyone. First of all, I've tried all the sugestions that you guys wrote in this thread so, I'll talking about my game experience on Linux.

I installed League of Legends under Play on Linux 4.1.6, like futmeK1VYvImO7RT said but, the update that he shared doesnt work. The launcher crashed on wine 1.5.18 and crashed on wine 1.5.20 too
Then, I used Wine 1.5.12 and I could, finally, play. I managed to play with 35 fps (my normal is 60) and without any lag, but, when I entered the shop, the game crashed, again.
So, I tried to make some configurations on League of Legends installation. I reinstalled AdobeAir, enabled GLSL Support and I changed the Direct Draw Renderer to "gdi". I managed to play without any problems (even the shop works perfectly), without lag, with 40 fps, but with some 4:3 resolution (I dont know which one) on my ubuntu screen.
I'm gonna make more experiences and then I'll share with you guy guys.

Hope that I could help some of you.

P.S.: When the game crashes or when you logout the client, you need to close every threads related to PoL, Wine or any .exe that appears on your Thread Log or it'll be impossible to start the LoL launcher again.
If you dont know how to check it, you could install the application "Htop".

killerswit

12-26-2012

hello friends,
i dont know wheter this post belongs here but i installed everthing just like mentioned in above post i.e. playonlinux 4.1.8, wine 1.5.12, but still no sound is coming during games although its coming in the menu as well as hero selection. i have tried many things mentioned in different posts.
plzz helppp.
thanks in advance

Xenoshaft

12-28-2012

Mine works well enough using wine1.6 however, in game I get artifacting. I tried installing wine 1.4 as well. No dice. I have tired more or less everything i can find on the web. Any one know what I can do to fix artifacting?

Sk8rjwd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Hey everyone, I made an updated complete guide that shows how to get League working in Linux 99% (only runes not showing up in store) with a functional store in and out of game. Please hop over to my thread and give it a look as I spent a lot of time working on it. You don't need PlayOnLinux, just Wine.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2957372

Also, many thanks to SxeAzn because he helped me get most of it figured out.

Dea1hn

01-22-2013

cool

IFoundKim

01-22-2013

Hi I followed your instructions but I can't seem to find the file to place the already installed league into?

Luffy Kenn

01-28-2013

I get crashed when the game start any suggestion ?