League of Legends WORKING on Linux

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddscientist View Post
I followed the steps you posted but I'm having a problem with the launcher. It is acting like it is updating but I haven't seen any progress at all. I went back through the steps to be sure that I did everything right, and I found two issues:

1. My linux version is oneiric and when I use the sudo apt-get update the files do not give me an update for my version of linux. I am assuming they are giving me the natty updates but I do not know if this is causing the problem.

2. When I run the WINEDEBUG command when the launcher loads up I looked at the terminal and it does appear to be finding any of the d3dx9 files. I have copied what I believe the problem is below.

warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\Program Files\\Riot Games\\League of Legends\\RADS\\projects\\lol_launcher\\releases\\0 .0.0.54\\deploy\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\Program Files\\Riot Games\\League of Legends\\RADS\\projects\\lol_launcher\\releases\\0 .0.0.54\\deploy\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\system32\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\system\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\system32\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\system32\\wbem\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)

I do not know if either of these is the problem but when I get to the launcher it acts like it's doing something but doesn't seem to be actually updating. Any suggestions?
its getting stuck at 0% or 33% right?

its a common bug where the patcher gets stuck in a loop the only solution i have found is to keep restarting the launcher until it gets past it which might take a few tries

legends made

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

bump for knowledge!~

iGnAnnihilate

Recruiter

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddscientist View Post
I followed the steps you posted but I'm having a problem with the launcher. It is acting like it is updating but I haven't seen any progress at all. I went back through the steps to be sure that I did everything right, and I found two issues:

1. My linux version is oneiric and when I use the sudo apt-get update the files do not give me an update for my version of linux. I am assuming they are giving me the natty updates but I do not know if this is causing the problem.

2. When I run the WINEDEBUG command when the launcher loads up I looked at the terminal and it does appear to be finding any of the d3dx9 files. I have copied what I believe the problem is below.

warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\system\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)
warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\C:\\windows\\system32\\wbem\\d3d9d.dll" not found (c0000034)

I do not know if either of these is the problem but when I get to the launcher it acts like it's doing something but doesn't seem to be actually updating. Any suggestions?
Hey,

Thanks for trying my tutorial. As Urmamasllama said, this is a common error NOT RELATED TO LINUX relating to the updater getting stuck at 33%/0%/99%/skipping from 99% to 33%/the time remaining showing random negative numbers. (Believe me, I had this problem too...)

In response to the sudo apt-get update, this code is NOT used to update Ubuntu, rather update the list of applications. This is not the cause of the problems.

In response to Linux not seeing d3dx9, YES, that is supposed to happen. If the Launcher/Updater is running, that means that DirectX9 is installed. However, as this is Linux, and does not have the right file system, the LoL Launcher can not find it. This has little affect on the operation of LoL on Linux.

Now, to solve your problem of the LoL Launcher being frozen, I have found that just waiting it out is the best solution. If you look through the Support forums, you will find countless others that have the same problem. In fact, I had this problem too! Just leave the patcher running for an hour or so and it SHOULD install perfectly fine. If it doesn't, deleting .../RADS/system/lol_air_client and retrying seems to do the trick.

Hope this works!
SxeAzn

sikvik87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

A Swarm of Hobos

04-05-2012

So you can't buy champions and such with this?

Zerahogie

04-07-2012

This worked for me!, thanks!.

AuroraStarfall

04-08-2012

The login screen says that my login/password are invalid....

Kinda weird because i can log through windows, any ideas?

AuroraStarfall

04-08-2012

Oh, well, got it solved... just had to change de lol.configure file.

Yet, my game is crashing after login.

s1h6mfwe513

04-09-2012

"A unknown directX error has occurred. Please make sure your video card supports shader model 2.0 and that it's using drivers from the manufacture."

Nvidia GTS 450 on Maverick

any ideas?

FlamingBeast

04-10-2012

I followed the whole tutorial and when i run the codes it just stays in the patch update at 0%, i have tried opening and closing it again like 30 times. Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

12345612 ... 30