League of Legends WORKING on Linux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InHeaven

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post
I ended up doing a fresh League of Legends install on a Windows system, let it update, and then copied the folder over to my linux system. Worked after that for me.
This IS my fresh LoL install from my windows pc But nevertheless, a reinstall never killed nobody. Onward my faithful laptop!

Ty for the idea

EDIT: Maybe this is the dealbreaker ?

Quote:
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f938,0x00000000), stub! fixme:d3d9irect3DShaderValidatorCreate9 stub fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8. fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8. err:secur32:SECUR32_initSchannelSP TLS library not found, SSL connections will fail err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution. fixme:lsa:LsaGetLogonSessionData 0x82e8f8 0x82e908 stub fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x82ef98,0x00000000), stub! fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request: stub fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request: stub fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0xa003a, 0x4b66b30): stub fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW (0x133150,0x12b9e390,0x702783ec),stub! fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead! fixme:service:EnumServicesStatusW resume handle not supported fixme:ras:RasEnumEntriesW ((nil),(null),0x4ce23f8,0x12b9e060,0x4ce20e4),stub ! fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW (0x133150,0x12d9e5e4,0x702783ec),stub! fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead! fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW (0x133150,0xbc8e5e4,0x702783ec),stub! fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead! fixme:service:EnumServicesStatusW resume handle not supported

Ziek88

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHeaven View Post
This IS my fresh LoL install from my windows pc But nevertheless, a reinstall never killed nobody. Onward my faithful laptop!

Ty for the idea

EDIT: Maybe this is the dealbreaker ?
What version of Crunchbang are you running? I'll install it in a virtual box over the weekend and see what sort of result I find.

On another note. As I had stated before, The link below is where I have my install files for anyone who wants them.

http://ziek88.blogspot.com/2012/11/l...-on-linux.html

InHeaven

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post
What version of Crunchbang are you running? I'll install it in a virtual box over the weekend and see what sort of result I find.

On another note. As I had stated before, The link below is where I have my install files for anyone who wants them.

http://ziek88.blogspot.com/2012/11/league-of-legends-on-linux.html
When I opened your blog earlier today they weren't up yet
My CB is 64bit stable (non BPO) "Statler"

I'll try a fresh Wine install and if i hit a dead end i'll use your files

EDIT: Your files require a permission

Ziek88

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHeaven View Post

EDIT: Your files require a permission
HAHAHA my bad. Fixed I do believe. I'll give CB a shot when I can.

inthestuff

11-09-2012

I am a fan of linux, however, when it comes to gaming you will get the most out of your pc by using windows since your drivers and the game were designed to run on them. Emulators like WineHQ tend to have issues, and with the already growing list of bugs and issues, I dont think I would want to add to the frustration. Just my opinion, but I would dual boot a version of windows :P

InHeaven

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthestuff View Post
There's the easy way to do something, and then there is the EPIC way

Ziek88

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthestuff View Post
I am a fan of linux, however, when it comes to gaming you will get the most out of your pc by using windows since your drivers and the game were designed to run on them. Emulators like WineHQ tend to have issues, and with the already growing list of bugs and issues, I dont think I would want to add to the frustration. Just my opinion, but I would dual boot a version of windows :P
What can I say, I'm a glutten for punishment. Well, that and I'm drawn to free....

In all seriousness I've actually found Ubuntu 12.10 to be easier and more compatible than Windows 8 with almost everything I use. I realize an update or two from now will likely fix Win 8 (and I do rather like win8) but that is what I've found.

I do have a Win7 desktop that I use when things are not going my way on linux so really it's just for the fun of the challenge and I prefer the linux interface to windows.

InHeaven

11-09-2012

Ahhh, 3287 wine versions later and lol reinstalls It still can't connect to the .PVP. The launcher works like a charm tho, connects and updates.

Ziek88

11-09-2012

What version of Wine are you running? I'm running 1.5.16.

InHeaven

11-09-2012

Tried all ranging from 1.3.x to 1.5.6, they all worked but LoL can't connect to the internet. Now i'm going to try the " unstable " CB, "Waldorf" But that's gonna happen tomorow probably.
PS:If there is an option to open the network adapters in wine that'd be great, i'm thinking there's something fishy going on there.

EDIT: I found the key to this mess!

Quote:
( DEBUG)[21:31:52.178] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::HTTPConnection: (http://127.0.0.1)
( DEBUG)[21:31:52.178] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::Connect: (http://127.0.0.1)
It's connecting to the localhost instead of the internet!It may not be THAT (since i don't know how Wine works ) but it's related to the hosts file i think because other games also cannot connect