League of Legends WORKING on Linux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5FObhlp1CUtalwRT

10-19-2012

after login my wine crashes

davecoolkid

Recruiter

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraStarfall View Post
The login screen says that my login/password are invalid....

Kinda weird because i can log through windows, any ideas?
Check to make sure you logged in to the right server, so if you play in North America on the league of legends patcher screen select North America as your server, this should fix the problem.

Ziek88

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by futmeK1VYvImO7RT View Post
You are pro.

HAHA Thanks, I wish. Unfortunately right about the time I finished and was ready to share my files the update came and I have not been able to get this to work since. The closest I've come was with KDE mint 13 and then with ubuntu 10.10. Currently working with ubuntu 12.10. If I get a combo that works again I'll share my results. Seem to be getting stuck at login now with "Servers currently unavailable."

Endalannen

10-26-2012

Hi guys, i can play lol as well. But with the new server(Turkish server) my account transfered automaticly. So what can i do? I dont have a region named as Turkiye on my launcher. How to can i connect the turkish server? And i sent ticket to change my region. But i didnt get any answer. So i want to see understanding of admins. Do you have any idea about connecting to Turkiye server?
Thanks...

radicalG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Basically, my only concern in the matter is that the League of Legends server detects mods and graphical patches (or so i heard), will it block/ban these tricks if run with a modified lol launcher?

I also followed this tutorial, and it is crashing after the login screen. i looked for a solution on the internet, but nothing so far.

It is my understanding that League of Legends is built on Adobe Air, is it possible to just port adobe air to Linux then change the LoL code a little so it would work?
Otherwise, i do not think the LoL team will ever invest in rewriting LoL in another, more cross-platforme language any time soon.. :/
Meanwhile, keep up the good work guys, this community rocks =D

Edit: I forgot to mention that i'm running the latest Ubuntu 12.10 64bit with bumblebee managing my intel card and Nvidia gt630m. (installed ie6 with the export trick)

xavplusplus

11-07-2012

I used a youtube tut cuz of an issue I had with this but it is pretty much the same thing. This is a great thread I just found this video to work better for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz4eWUXsojw NOW I have a question after reading through this baby. Since both League setups are through the same shell script has anyone figured out how to buy champions yet?

InHeaven

11-09-2012

You sir (OP), are a god amongst men!I've got it working but with so much more unneeded hassle! I'm trying your method now and it's flawless ( I can't login but that's a fail on my part, LoL can't connect to the INET) Thank you!

PS:Running Crunchbang 64bit and loving it!

Ziek88

11-09-2012

Finished making executables for installing this game on linux. Works for Ubuntu 12.10 x64. Able to play PvP with no framerate loss. Just launched a blog where I will post things like this. I need to organize instructions yet and then I will post them to my blog with the executable by Sunday night. If I have time I'll try to make a youtube tut for it as well.

Here is the link for the blog: http://ziek88.blogspot.com/

I do not take credit for solving this. I used SxeAzn original guide to make these.

InHeaven

11-09-2012

Hmm, on ubuntu 12.10 64bit, worked straight off the bat, on crunchbang when i try to log in it says that it can't connect to .PVP.

Anyone have an idea ? )Noticed some other people had the same issue a couple of pages back )

Ziek88

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHeaven View Post
Hmm, on ubuntu 12.10 64bit, worked straight off the bat, on crunchbang when i try to log in it says that it can't connect to .PVP.

Anyone have an idea ? )Noticed some other people had the same issue a couple of pages back )
I ended up doing a fresh League of Legends install on a Windows system, let it update, and then copied the folder over to my linux system. Worked after that for me.