League of Legends WORKING on Linux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

themaddscientist

07-27-2012

I managed to get this to work on Ubuntu 12.04 using wine 1.5, and I'm glad to see it actually works now. My only worry is that my frames per second ranged from 15 to 30, and I'm used to having 60. I can live with not having the store for a while, but the framerate isn't helping me much. Any suggestions to fix it?

Edit: After playing a game, I tried to adjust the video settings to see if it would help at all, and it didn't seem to work, and now the sound in the client isn't working properly.

Josh1billion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Thanks for posting this guide. Following the instructions now.

edit: Unable to install wininet (there's a 404 error when accessing the file from Microsoft's server), unable to install ie6 (running a 64-bit OS, and the installation complains that it is compatible with 32-bit architectures only). Oh well. :/

C0WPIG

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1billion View Post
Thanks for posting this guide. Following the instructions now.

edit: Unable to install wininet (there's a 404 error when accessing the file from Microsoft's server), unable to install ie6 (running a 64-bit OS, and the installation complains that it is compatible with 32-bit architectures only). Oh well. :/
I have the same problem, and would like to get it running at my work where most people are on linux so we can have LAN PARTAY

Asdar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

COOL!!! ill try it this weekend

hopefully, with this working and steam on linux (yeap thats happening now! =D http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/linux/steamd-penguins/ ) i wont load windows in looong time ^^

CityCutThat

08-23-2012

Ok. So I installed Ubuntu for the first time since 2006. Everything is working perfectly. Except, when I go to log in I get "Server is busy" and then I get that it "failed for an unknown reason" HALP! I'm the practice manager for PMS|H2O's League division and I NEED to get this up and running! Things tend to not get done when this PMS is gone for a while.

Golwen Lunn

08-23-2012

Greetings, this is amazing!

LOL comunity, expanding LOL where LOL staff havent expanded!!!!!!

Nice tutorial, i hope the installation of lol in Linux got easier with the pass of the time, but till that THANKS FOR SENDING THINGS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter File

08-24-2012

Keep getting this everytime I try to launch the darn thing:
http://i.imgur.com/4WTTy.png

princeton125

08-27-2012

How did you install your leagueoflegends.exe after downloading it through wine? Mine won't launch. I'm using PeppermintOS by the way.

Rhelex

08-27-2012

I got everything installed and running but when I get in game it's all black and I can only see hp bars pretty much. Here's a screenshot. Anyone know how to fix this?

Xenocide

09-03-2012

A faster way to do this and a lot easier is to just install PlayonLinux. Install Wine and Winetricks and then run the install script through PlayonLinux. Then you can just open the game through it without having to type in code to open the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhelex View Post
I got everything installed and running but when I get in game it's all black and I can only see hp bars pretty much. Here's a screenshot. Anyone know how to fix this?
I'm assuming you're graphics card is an intel, and sadly, for some odd reason that no one has found a fix for you will be unable to play on Linux. I have the same issue and currently trying to find a fix for it, but no such luck yet.