League of Legends WORKING on Linux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akali Bot

06-11-2012

If you're getting the

RADS::User::PandoManager::start: StartPMB failed, returned error 6

error,

fix it by deleting any file inside ...RADS/projects/lol_air_client/ folder.

Delete something small. This will force the client to redownload it, and thus making the play button clickable.

Dude Mc Dudeness

06-16-2012

Hello fellow linux users, I'm trying to follow that guide but I'm stuck at the first winetricks command.
First I had to importa a couple of .reg files with regedit, to make the installation start, but then after I use the winetricks vcrun2005 command a couple of windows open, the first one is simply one where I have to read and accept the eula, nothing wrong with that, but the second one is the following:
Error creating process <msiexec /i vcredist.msi>. Reason: File not found.

By googling I found few windows user had the same issue too, like in this thread
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...n-is-incorrect
and few more, but I have no idea what to do.
Any suggestions?
I would seriously LOVE your help guys, I'm sick of goin to windows just to play lol.
My distro, by the way, is Ubuntu 12.04

Dude Mc Dudeness

06-16-2012

Sorry double post

cheesy bytes

06-19-2012

Great guide you have here! Just a suggestion: mention that it's for 32-bit operating systems. Also, I had to install this with wine 1.5, but everything else seemed flawless. The only problem is that the launcher is stuck at 33% and "Scanning files." Any ideas?

Edit: Ubuntu 12.04

Sebastian Azrael

06-20-2012

LM13 Cinnamon user here.

Just wanted to report if you use PlayOnLinux and go to Testing and install LoL it works - kinda.
Without any tweaking it will start the game.

-Store doesnt work (black screen)
- In game purchases can be black or transparent background with icons at times.
- (Biggest concern) Latency for me seems to stick at 11 FPS which renders it totally unusable.

Im a linux noob and ive tried the other guides, but I couldnt get it to work or I obviously cant follow the directions right ;/. I hate switching to windows to play so if anyone has any help to offer for how I have it done or can make a guide for linux noobs who dont tweak or anything please let me know.

And I agree please sticky this!

StunLee

07-02-2012

I'm using Arch Linux 64 bits with KDE4, got the install folder from a Win XP 64 bits (a working one, I usually play there), and my Wine version is wine-1.5.7.
Did all the steps except that I couldn't install ie6 due to my 64 bits and I got an error in AdobeAir install through Winetricks (Note: command 'wine AdobeAIRInstaller.exe' returned status 4. Aborting.)

I tried running it in Win 7 and XP compatibility with no luck, the command line just gets stuck and provides no error message and the launcher never shows up.

Any thoughts?

Craig Donuts

07-07-2012

after spending my entire afternoon trying to make this work, i finally ran the launcher and everything and am in the client but now it is telling me my username/password is incorrect. i am here now so obviously that is not true. any ideas?

TL Frolo

07-12-2012

does this work on archlinux at all?

jah man

07-15-2012

muy muy buena hermano, gracias neta muchas gracias

StunLee

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolossus View Post
does this work on archlinux at all?
With this post's instructions no, I've seen it on AUR but haven't tested it yet.