Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends WORKING on Linux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheVanishedOne

05-11-2012

I definitly have libfreetype6, Its required for firefox. Edit: Nvm, Downloaded the -dev Thanks .

Elcye

05-11-2012

Good news, PlayOnLinux offers a compiled version with the latest patches, you don't need to compile wine yourself.
How to here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=24125030

FoxSuicidal

05-16-2012

Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server. help please
when you enter your login and password, sometimes there is a problem when checking for updates

Aquasheep

05-17-2012

Did as instructed with Ubuntu 12.04 32bit, but no success. In addition to wine-1.4, I've tried wine-1.5.3. which is supposed to run LoL according to wine's appdb. However, it fails every time, giving a huge and seemingly incomprehensible error message. In short, it says "Wine program crash" on the window title where it should say LoL, and there is a ghost window that I can only get rid of by ending the RADS_usr_kernel process.

As for the error messages, I've gotten several different ones:

1) http://pastebin.com/UK1vED3b - This one is followed by infinite timeouts all with that same error message.

2) The really long log file is too long: pastebin won't let me post it. Basically, it tries to run Pando Media Booster and seemingly succeeds, but there is no window or graphical output of any kind.

If I had to guess what is happening, I think the RADS_usr_kernel fails to create some kind of window that I need, and LoL may actually run decently, but I can't see anything because the window fails. Any thoughts on why that would be?

AlmightyPyro

05-17-2012

love this

Wolf of Death

05-30-2012

Grawr. ie6 can't work because I use 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04. Wish people would get on with the times so I don't get stuck having to choose between blind stabbing or just being forced to 32-bit...

Faren the Mighty

06-05-2012

Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server. Help please!!!

Broken Twin

06-06-2012

Seems to be working for me. You rock!

Souto

06-07-2012

only 31 likes?
thanks a lot!

Akali Bot

06-11-2012

Quote:
Wolf of Death:
Grawr. ie6 can't work because I use 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04. Wish people would get on with the times so I don't get stuck having to choose between blind stabbing or just being forced to 32-bit...

use ie8 instead