Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends WORKING on Linux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elcye

05-08-2012

Quote:
Deonsion:
Heya.. .Could someone please inform me how you are applying the patches? I run "patch -p1 xxx.patch" but it sits at the cursor and does not ever do anything. {inside of the source folder when applying it}

patch -p1 < xxx.patch

Don't forget the <

brootalisk

05-08-2012

is ranma's patch mac or linux? I'm looking at the files here:

http://uz.sns.it/~ranma42/iLoL/spectator-fix-v3/ (http://uz.sns.it/~ranma42/iLoL/spectator-fix-v3/)

And am thoroughly confused how to use them :P

FinrodUrFelagund

05-08-2012

Quote:
Deonsion:
Heya.. .Could someone please inform me how you are applying the patches? I run "patch -p1 xxx.patch" but it sits at the cursor and does not ever do anything. {inside of the source folder when applying it}

I ran:
[CODE]patch -p1 < ../0001-ntdll-Improve-performace-of-heap-allocation-v2.patch [/CODE]

the ../ is because the patch isn't in the same folder but the level above - it must be because you've missed out the "<" try again with that you should see a short line listing the file(s) altered.

Elcye

05-08-2012

Quote:
brootalisk:
is ranma's patch mac or linux? I'm looking at the files here:

http://uz.sns.it/~ranma42/iLoL/spectator-fix-v3/ (http://uz.sns.it/~ranma42/iLoL/spectator-fix-v3/)

And am thoroughly confused how to use them :P

It is actually for both, since mac and linux users both use wine. If you want to use them, you need to download wine's source code, patch it with the patches and compile it.

The difference is that most mac users (if not all) use iLoL, which is using wineskin, which is a wrapper that uses wine. I have no idea how to replace the old wine by a new one in it. If you're using it, you should just wait for the iLoL team to release the patch which will probably be soon.

If you're on linux, just use the compiled wine version instead of the old one. If you don't want to compile wine, use PlayonLinux to download the compiled patched version of wine (heap_allocation_v2-avoid_deadlock (that's the old patch, but it's working fine enough, I'll request a build with the new patch as soon as it is confirmed it is final)).

Deonsion

05-09-2012

Quote:
Elcye:
patch -p1 < xxx.patch

Don't forget the <

Quote:
FinrodUrFelagund:
I ran:
[CODE]patch -p1 < ../0001-ntdll-Improve-performace-of-heap-allocation-v2.patch [/CODE]

the ../ is because the patch isn't in the same folder but the level above - it must be because you've missed out the "<" try again with that you should see a short line listing the file(s) altered.

Ohhh.. Okay. I wasn't using that. What does the "<" do anyways?
The .dll.so files: what do I do with them?
Also 64bit users: did you compile it with --enable-win64? Working?

Elcye

05-09-2012

Quote:
Deonsion:
Ohhh.. Okay. I wasn't using that. What does the "<" do anyways?
The .dll.so files: what do I do with them?
Also 64bit users: did you compile it with --enable-win64? Working?

I don't know, but that's the syntax, so just do it.

You don't need the dll.so files, just the patch. And you don't need to compile a 64bit wine, a 32 is enough. To compile, take a look here: http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit

But to make it easier:
patch the source with teh 2 latest fix (heap allocation v2 and imm32 v2)

Then configure with that (don't forget to change the path, that's where make install will put the compiled wine, so use any folder so you won't have to remove your distrib's wine)

CC="gcc-4.4 -m32" LDFLAGS="-m32 -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib32" ./configure -v --prefix=path_to_where_you want_your_binaries

make depend

make

make install

Now when you want to play, you need to use absolute path to call the wine you compiled.

zaaPPY

05-09-2012

Will there be a updated guide on how to do all this new patching and ranma's patches? Because i have no clue what compile is, and have no clue what to do with the codes in each post. I have no knowledge in linux at all, and if any body could tell me how to do all these new patches and stuff it would be great

Elcye

05-09-2012

Quote:
zaaPPY:
Will there be a updated guide on how to do all this new patching and ranma's patches? Because i have no clue what compile is, and have no clue what to do with the codes in each post. I have no knowledge in linux at all, and if any body could tell me how to do all these new patches and stuff it would be great

The guide on winehq was pretty good but is a bit outdated now. I'll try to make a new guide and request a new build of wine on PlayonLinux so that we won't have to compile wine ourselves.

zaaPPY

05-09-2012

Quote:
Elcye:
The guide on winehq was pretty good but is a bit outdated now. I'll try to make a new guide and request a new build of wine on PlayonLinux so that we won't have to compile wine ourselves.

Thanks! That would be great

Elcye

05-09-2012

Done: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2107392