Suggestions Concerning Nasus (Includes TLDR)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNOY View Post
Speaking about DotA - every player in DotA who autoattacks creeps during laning and pushes line with no reason - autoconsidered to be a noob player (which is actually right in most cases).
This is not DotA - you can't deny creeps. Pushing minions to tower is GOOD because the tower kills them, preventing your enemy from getting gold.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

10-21-2009

...you're insane.

I may happen to sympathize with one or two of the things you mentioned, but the others would be blatantly OP.

And all of them TOGETHER? Nasus is (rarely) seen at high level play. A tiny buff would be sufficient.

Kittybat

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystriker View Post
...you're insane.

I may happen to sympathize with one or two of the things you mentioned, but the others would be blatantly OP.

And all of them TOGETHER? Nasus is (rarely) seen at high level play. A tiny buff would be sufficient.
What ones would be OP? He suggested a slight HP buff and to switch some parts of spiritfire and wither around. 75% mana return on siphoning strike is irrelevant, it just gives him a bit more staying power. It's not like you bust out Siphoning strike in a team battle and then go "OH**** IM OOM"

GNOY

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstrike View Post
This is not DotA - you can't deny creeps. Pushing minions to tower is GOOD because the tower kills them, preventing your enemy from getting gold.
You are right. Though, I find no problems killing minions when tower attacking them. I kill "almost dead" ranged creeps first, and then tower hits full hp melee creeps 3 times, you whack creep before tower hit 3rd time and you get a lasthit. And you still in more dangerous position if you closer to enemy tower.

Phiphler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-22-2009

There is a fundamental flaw in your thinking OP, you think that Nasus needs to be redesigned.

He does it. In fact, he is great as he is. He is adaptible, multi-functional and not as simple as some other heroes. This means that he is fun and engaging to play.

Some of your suggestions are OP, and some are just horribly UP (like your Soul Eater suggestion, ever seen Taric?).

TLDR: No.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNOY View Post
You are right. Though, I find no problems killing minions when tower attacking them. I kill "almost dead" ranged creeps first, and then tower hits full hp melee creeps 3 times, you whack creep before tower hit 3rd time and you get a lasthit. And you still in more dangerous position if you closer to enemy tower.
theres no "right" or "wrong" way to lane. if you want to be aggressive and push more, why not? if you're willing to handle it, why not? if you want to be defensive and passive, thats not wrong either. what works for you might not work for others, or perhaps others have found more effective ways of playing than following whatever it is you do.

UrQuan

10-22-2009

I think Nasus is fine as he is. His innate ability to lifesteal and his bonus HP from his ult give him the HP advantage over other tank heroes.

Wither and Soul Fire are fine as they are. Its not hard to get all 3 debuffs on one target now anyways.

I'd only agree with the mana buff, but only a slight increase in base mana/regen. He is rather unstoppable once he's able to spam all his abilities all the time.

Jooce

10-22-2009

80% attack speed reduction is pretty OP. Also, wither is one of the strongest slows in the game, I don't think it needs anymore punch.

I haven't played many games as him, but I think having to manage mana is one of those skill caps in this game. Your mana problems could easily be resolved by picking up a chalice of harmony, but I'm sure you can't be bothered to break away from stacking dmg items. Then you wonder why you're a glass cannon.

This is why Rammus is so sexy, he gains damage through stacking tanking items (armor). That's the best formula you could ask for as a tank.

GNOY

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiphler View Post
There is a fundamental flaw in your thinking OP, you think that Nasus needs to be redesigned.

He does it. In fact, he is great as he is. He is adaptible, multi-functional and not as simple as some other heroes. This means that he is fun and engaging to play.

Some of your suggestions are OP, and some are just horribly UP (like your Soul Eater suggestion, ever seen Taric?).

TLDR: No.
Slight HP buff to tank which has not so much HP is OP? Go kill yourself for that failure.