Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Of course, when you first time Karthus....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

03-23-2012

I have quite a few champs that I'm good/decent/stellar with. I like playing them, I do well, and they're fun.

Well, I've been losing quite a few games recently and although I've done well, someone fed a champ and they wreck the whole team so of course we all have negatives.

The one role I can't play is AP mid, I just don't have any champs. I bought Karthus on a whim a few months ago to play 1 game of dominion, just because he can farm up tears to 100+ before it even starts. Stupid reason? Yes haha. Well, I got forced into AP Mid so I play him. I don't do so hot, I went 5-8 until I got a lucky triple near the end with my q's... and yeah we dominate.

Why can't I win with champs I love in positions I love? ):

lockpooh

03-23-2012

Karthus is tons of fun, just don't judge him by his early game. He needs some serious farm to which you are uniquely suited to do! When I just started playing, Karthus was the first AP mid I bought and went mid. I was severely disappointed with his play and was more pissed I spent all my first lot of IP on a champ that didn't do well mid. I didn't play him for awhile after but started again for reasons I don't remember. I guess I expected a LeBlanc or Kassadin and didn't know any better because I was so noob (Though, I still am! Just not so much).

I play Karthus for more late game, take q first than e for the mana return. I last hit and don't push. I get blue when I can and spam my q to push and go back to farm jungle where and when I can. I really just farm farm farm & watch lanes for a chance to R. But really, I don't do well when I play him aggressive against mid early game (since I normally see an Ahri, kassadin or LeBlanc) but I farm like a boss with with aoe & q. Tear is fantastic and it's normally my first item to after basic boots so I can get stacks up.

Once mid game hits I start getting really aggressive, I should have at least 50+ over any of the enemy farm and a few kills off R.

Karthus mid-late is where he really shines. You'll be bursted down first but you'll still get a double or a tripple if you've really farmed well. Zhonyas is must. Archangels is a must. Rabadons is a must. It's not uncommon for me to farm so much I dump boots for something else.

If you really want to have some fun and piss people off, go x5 archangels and a rabadons as zombie karthus. It'll make their whole team rage and call you names. Oh the fun! Last time I did that, went 32/14 and ended with something ridiculous like 42k gold and a ton of CS.

lolguy999

03-23-2012

Farming Karthus with his basic attack/Q is not much easier than farming mid with fiddlesticks' basic attack

TL;DR : High skill level required