Of course, when you first time Karthus....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2012

I have quite a few champs that I'm good/decent/stellar with. I like playing them, I do well, and they're fun.

Well, I've been losing quite a few games recently and although I've done well, someone fed a champ and they wreck the whole team so of course we all have negatives.

The one role I can't play is AP mid, I just don't have any champs. I bought Karthus on a whim a few months ago to play 1 game of dominion, just because he can farm up tears to 100+ before it even starts. Stupid reason? Yes haha. Well, I got forced into AP Mid so I play him. I don't do so hot, I went 5-8 until I got a lucky triple near the end with my q's... and yeah we dominate.

Why can't I win with champs I love in positions I love? ):

lockpooh

03-23-2012

Karthus is tons of fun, just don't judge him by his early game. He needs some serious farm to which you are uniquely suited to do! When I just started playing, Karthus was the first AP mid I bought and went mid. I was severely disappointed with his play and was more pissed I spent all my first lot of IP on a champ that didn't do well mid. I didn't play him for awhile after but started again for reasons I don't remember. I guess I expected a LeBlanc or Kassadin and didn't know any better because I was so noob (Though, I still am! Just not so much).

I play Karthus for more late game, take q first than e for the mana return. I last hit and don't push. I get blue when I can and spam my q to push and go back to farm jungle where and when I can. I really just farm farm farm & watch lanes for a chance to R. But really, I don't do well when I play him aggressive against mid early game (since I normally see an Ahri, kassadin or LeBlanc) but I farm like a boss with with aoe & q. Tear is fantastic and it's normally my first item to after basic boots so I can get stacks up.

Once mid game hits I start getting really aggressive, I should have at least 50+ over any of the enemy farm and a few kills off R.

Karthus mid-late is where he really shines. You'll be bursted down first but you'll still get a double or a tripple if you've really farmed well. Zhonyas is must. Archangels is a must. Rabadons is a must. It's not uncommon for me to farm so much I dump boots for something else.

If you really want to have some fun and piss people off, go x5 archangels and a rabadons as zombie karthus. It'll make their whole team rage and call you names. Oh the fun! Last time I did that, went 32/14 and ended with something ridiculous like 42k gold and a ton of CS.

lolguy999

03-23-2012

Farming Karthus with his basic attack/Q is not much easier than farming mid with fiddlesticks' basic attack

TL;DR : High skill level required