[Discussion] Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SynergyDreamer

08-14-2010

I tried Doran's Ring(to be tossed later), Lichbane, Guinsoos, Merc Treads (the boots are situational imho), and Frozen Mallet, respectively. I had pretty **** good results with her, excluding the feeder kill 14-7.
Well I got Guardian's Angel last, actually, but I didn't get to use it. Could the Lichbane or Trinity Force proc be crit-ed? If it does would Phantom Dancer be viable?
Also, assuming you don't go cdr runes and masteries, I'm interested in results from Lichbane and Ghostblade together.

I 'spose Banshee's is good if you're not using Cleanse (with the build I just described was the first time I tried Exhaust and Ignite, does wonders).

I wouldn't risk trying Rylai's with the Righteous Fury, considering it's splash damage I would only assume the 15% slow.

I'm unsure on how effective the Hextech is with Kayle, but it shouldn't be a high priority for a Kayle build, and most likely by the time it is viable item it'd most likely be in-base battles, so the extra slow ability may or may not be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLIKEextacy View Post
I like to play Kayle less in the front because shes less durable and dies faster now. I usually get kills and manage to assist pretty easy though. Make sure you team knows that if you ult a teamate they should stay unless they are outnumbered. Most people use it to run away...
Naturally it is a tank's job to take the frontline. But they need a damage dealer and someone to drag them down, so I try to take the front using Kayle whenever possible. Using her ulti to initiate is a decent plan too, if they hit you too hard before or after then you can still float around healing/boosting others. Her damage potential isn't one I like to deny.

Zhengcano

08-16-2010

I personally prefer a more offensive Kayle

Spells: Exhaust, Ignite

Masteries: 21/0/9

Skill build: R>Q>E/W (E/W is situational for each game)
While some prefer getting E at lvl 1 for better harassing for a level, I prefer getting Q, as I usually play w/ friends for first blood, and it boosts your normal attack anyways. You're not going to really need the range at lvl 1 when you have slow + exhaust.

Items:
Meki Pendant, HPotx2
Boots
Sheen
B.Greaves or M.Treads
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Trinity Force
Nashor's Tooth
Hextech Gunblade
(Open, depends on the specific game you're playing)

I prefer playing with both Golem and Lizard buffs, both of which are great for Kayle. Nashor's + Golem = 10.8 sec cooldown w/o any runes, which means with a rune or two, you can have Righteous Fury up all the time. Played well, Kayle can do well at all stages of the game, but I think she really shines late game, when she finishes the rageblade/trinity force combo.

IceDive

08-16-2010

I really don't understand sheen on Kayle. Certainly not that early. It adds 80% of base AD every 3 seconds IF you manage to cast a spell every 3 seconds. I am pretty sure that getting pick axe is better.

it's:
Cheaper, you can get it earlier
Build into rageblade, way better item on her then sheen
Adds more damage i am sure

Cons:
A little less burst
A little less mana

The Jacobian

08-16-2010

My current build goes:

Doran's Ring + 1 mana pot (Which doesn't seem to be standard)
Wand+boots
Rageblade and boots level 2.
Stinger
Cutlass (part of hex blade)
then either finish gunblade or get Madred's.

I don't build a nashors because it lets me pick up another AD item more quickly. By that point in the game my Q is no longer my main damage, and team fights are starting, leading to AD being more important. The Cutlass/Gunblade gives me lifestead (hurray) and another slow/nuke. Which is always nice. I usually get madreds late game, but if its a team like Morg/Garen/Vlad/Sunfire Shaco I pick it up a little earlier, before finishing my hexblade. If I'm getting focused too hard I pickup a GA.

The main logic of my build is early game I'm mainly AP, when its strongest. Midgame I'm hybrid, late game I'm mostly AD, when its strongest.

lolwattz

08-16-2010

cleanse/ghost utility 9/0/21 r>e>w>q get 1 rank of q if ur not being harassed and dont need w, go dorans ring/1hp pot -> zerker greaves -> guinsoos rageblade -> starks or nashors tooth depending on teams needs and who ur facing and from there u can either go triple elixir or infinity edge (i like to use flat armor pen quints/reds then mana regen per lvl yellows/blues to allow good dmg and spam of e/w) basically use e and autoattack q the focus target for extra dmg sit back and last hit during laning saving mana to spam heal if ur against a harassing hero

Greendevilman

08-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jacobian View Post
My current build goes:

Doran's Ring + 1 mana pot (Which doesn't seem to be standard)
Wand+boots
Rageblade and boots level 2.
Stinger
Cutlass (part of hex blade)
then either finish gunblade or get Madred's.

I don't build a nashors because it lets me pick up another AD item more quickly. By that point in the game my Q is no longer my main damage, and team fights are starting, leading to AD being more important. The Cutlass/Gunblade gives me lifestead (hurray) and another slow/nuke. Which is always nice. I usually get madreds late game, but if its a team like Morg/Garen/Vlad/Sunfire Shaco I pick it up a little earlier, before finishing my hexblade. If I'm getting focused too hard I pickup a GA.

The main logic of my build is early game I'm mainly AP, when its strongest. Midgame I'm hybrid, late game I'm mostly AD, when its strongest.
I think your reasoning on not building Nashor's is somewhat flawed- the Cutlass doesn't add a particularly large amount of AD for its price and the active doesn't really add any real utility (since it only has 400 range). For the same price you can fully complete Nashor's which substantially improves every aspect of Kayle's playstyle- your Q hits harder, you heal for more, and you do more auto attack damage through a combination of more attack speed, Righteous Fury damage and bonus passive damage. To be fair this is still less DPS than a Cutlass would add- but the tooth also has the all-important quality of giving you 15% more cooldown reduction so you can hit the 40% cap. This means you can keep Righteous Fury up all the time* instead of having those nasty 3.5 second gaps, while also shaving precious seconds off of every one of your abilities. Cutting a quarter minute or so off your ultimate isn't anything to sneeze at at any stage of the game. A Gunblade with the new stats is an really good item for Kayle, but cooldown reduction is soooo good for her I really can't imagine prioritizing it over a completed Nashor's.

*Ok not quite but pretty darned close

Arrlaari

09-22-2010

I take a meki pendant first and build it into Manamune - that is all the mana you need, plus a growing AD boost. Boots next - I really feel the lateness of these boots but I want to start building Manamune asap. Then I build stinger into Nashor's - the attack speed is more important than the AP half, but the CDR is most precious of all - your esteem rides on effective ultimate use.

From there, I'm not sure, though I've been favoring sheen->lichbane for the proc and additional AP. Many sing the praises of rageblade, but I like the burstiness of the lichbane proc. Although I don't directly need the mana it gives, it does help grow Manamune.

I never get leech - I find that W is enough HP regen if I play from range, and with Nashor's you can do that essentially all the time.

Polymath

10-30-2010

Manamune and Archangels is a fun/funny synergy with the passive. Should definitely be possible to get both and have them pretty well-charged by late game. I think it brings you up close to 200 base damage and 200 AP.

Seinfire

10-30-2010

I go with:

-Dorans Ring
-Rageblade
-Zerker greaves
-Nashors

Pretty standard stuff, max cdr with runes+masteries and decent dps and support capabilities.
If games last long enough to pick up a lichbane and triple elixir your damage can get a bit ridiculous...(reckoning+lichbane proc ~1k damage)

Roros

10-31-2010

I've been playing Kayle a lot lately and have started liking her as a support with dps, starting out with meki pendant and E, but then focusing on W and grabbing a chalice on first town visit which let's you pretty much heal nonstop.
After that I go into a more 'traditional' Kayle build with rageblade and maybe nashor's.

I'm not sure why sorc shoes is a recommended item for her. Even on an AP build, the damage increase from penetration on her E is virtually nothing and her Q's cooldown and AP ratio is a bit low to be a main nuke. I tend to grab mercs if there's even a single CC on the enemy team, which is practically always.