My Udyr is not pro Udyr.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkensth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2010

Well, I'm far from a newbie, but I'm definitely new with Udyr (~12 games).

For some reason, whomever I fight against generally out damage, out heal, or out tank me, so this leads me to believe one of four things: I am doing it wrong, my teammates are feeding, my build sucks or Udyr is UP. I'm inclined to believe the first and third causes.

I play Udyr one of three ways, based on enemy/our team comp:

Attack Speed Udyr: SotD, Madred's BR, Stark's, etc. I play this when the enemy team is tank heavy to maximize the BR.

Attack Damage Udyr: Wriggle's Lantern, Brutalizer, Sheen, etc. I play this when the enemy team is not very tanky.

Tank Udyr: Innervating Locket, Frozen Mallet, Frozen Heart, etc. I play this when my team is supposed to be tanky.

I do my best to stance dance, stay leveled, and do stuff in team fights, but I generally get focused down first, no matter what build I'm playing. Because of this, my damage output is relatively insignificant, and I begin the feeding cycle. When I catch someone alone, I can never kill them, because they are always able to escape with a quarter of their health. When I meet someone like Gangplank or Trynd, by the time my damage output is "decent", theirs is much better.

So what am I doing wrong here? L2play? L2Udyr? L2build?

Thanks in advance.

Urobolus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2010

First off: Ignore Tiger Stance. It's not bad, but it's easily the worst of the four.
Second: You'll want your skill build to be built around your enemies, too, since Udyr's the only one without an Ultimate.
Third: Gank early. Bear Stance will help you with that. Udyr loses power late-game, so make up for it with a good early-game. If you really need help with ganking, try jungling or reading a guide - there's lots on leaguecraft.com.

YoonieDaCutie

08-03-2010

If you're getting focused down first as Udyr, build him tankier with more points in Turtle Shield. It'll pay off.

Arkensth

08-03-2010

Thanks.

So basically, gank early to get fed, then in team fights, stance dance based on turtle stance?

YoonieDaCutie

08-03-2010

Yeah. People usually rotate Turtle/Phoenix with Bear in between. You could also try jungling.

xpsychedelico

08-03-2010

You may want to look at the builds available at leaguecraft.com and mobafire.com and see if you can adapt any of them into your builds and make it stronger against different teams.

Genuwine21

08-03-2010

the different stances have their uses, depending on your build your rotation may be a bit different, when I used to play Udyr I liked Tiger for turrets and structures (though did not main this ability), Bear and turtle for champion fights, with a tiger in between for the extra damage. Phoenix while good, I always found to be a stance that only really helps me in big team fights or in farming creeps and neutrals. Though the activated is not bad in team fights.

Also something to keep in mind is if characters can silence you in fights, be sure to be in the stance you want if you know they will be looking to silence you. While stance dancing is good, if you get silenced while in the wrong stance and are focused on you can get wiped pretty quickly.

Duttch

08-03-2010

I know a lot of people don't care for Tiger stance but to be honest I love it. My usual skill set up is turtle with bear and tiger in between. By 15 I have turtle maxed first followed by bear, then tiger which situates me nicely. After that I use phoenix for the remaining levels. Early on I switch between turtle and bear to stun, then tiger for quick damage. Late-end game I switch between tiger and phoenix as soon as the cooldowns are ready for constant fast and solid damage.

Item wise I've been focusing on Lifestealing. Oddly enough though to begin, since I always have a problem with cash, I get a philosophers stone. Helps build cash and improves my overall regen. Hope this helps some. I know it's off-beat from the rest of the Udyr builds but it's been working well for me so far.

Ephemeralis

08-03-2010

Locket on every single build with Udyr, same deal with Rageblade. The two are absolutely vital to keeping Udyr alive and dealing damage - locket will let you stancedance without blue while giving you a chunk of mana and health plus extra staying power to your allies around you - rageblade will also be up constantly from the stance dancing.

Once you have rageblade and locket, grab a starks or a bloodthirster (I normally go for the BT since someone else usually grabs the starks) and a counter item to whatever dps your enemies are built for - wits end for casters, black cleaver for tanks/melee dps and so on.

I can't stress enough how much you need to stance dance. It is -VITAL- to success as Udyr - your passive's use relies on it and so does a huge chunk of your damage and almost all of your mitigation does too.

Thas Ninja

08-04-2010

Tiger is far from useless! It gives you some great DoT, a huge attack speed bonus, and it procs your passive. There is absolutely no reason to not use it, if only to get the 3x your AD active.