Outsiders, a Vi and Pantheon story

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlayingDrunk

05-13-2014

Prologue: A Mission Compromised

Vi finally came down from the mountain, horrified by so many things that she had discovered all in a short time. Her new friend was not all that she thought that he was. They were so alike, or so she had thought, but at the same time, they were so different.

Two Weeks Earlier

Vi and Caitlin left the station, Cait fuming as she walked quickly towards her apartment. Vi ran after her, one of her massive gauntlets still on her hand, the other halfway into her bag.

“Come on Cait, the bust didn’t go THAT badly,” Vi called.

Caitlin was silent for a moment, and Vi got a bit worried. Loud and yelling Caitlin was just fine, she would cool off after a few minutes. Silent Cait was the one you had to worry about. She could go for a hell of a long time before she decided how she felt, and when she did, you did NOT want to be in a five mile radius. Vi had to say something to lighten her up, or else she was going to get her ass beat.

“So Cait, we still on for bowling with Jayce and Ezreal this Saturday?” Vi asked.

“Bowling? BOWLING?!? You just compromised the entire raid and brought down half of Heimerdinger’s laboratory, and all you can think about is BOWLING?!” Cait exploded.

“Alright, maybe I screwed up a little-” Vi started.

“A LITTLE! You singlehandedly knocked out three of our men, brought down half a building, destroyed thousands of dollars worth of scientific equipment, and you dropped a gauntlet and haven’t even noticed!”

Vi quickly picked up her gauntlet. “Okay, Cait, I screwed up big time. I let the dealers get away, and I got cocky. I didn’t think about what kind of consequences that would have. I’m sorry.”

Cait slowed down as they reached her apartment. “Vi, if it was anyone else running this station, you would have been discharged long ago, but I know you, Vi. I know that you’re doing what’s right, it’s just that the way you do it could be a bit more… civil. Regardless, this will have consequences. You will take five days off, no pay, and you will not be playing in Piltover’s league match against Noxus this weekend. And as for bowling with Ezreal and Jayce…” Caitlin flashed Vi a sly wink, “do you really think that I’d let them beat us again? Bowling night is always on!”
And with that, Cait entered her apartment, leaving Vi to think about what she had done to her squad, her reputation, and to her best friend.
She would have to play in extra League matches in order to make enough to feed herself that week, so she began the walk to her place to notify the Institute of War that she would be available this week.

SkX Code

05-14-2014

Bump.

PlayingDrunk

05-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeLocked View Post
Bump.
I'm glad that someone liked the prologue. Chapter one should be coming out sometime this weekend, and I'll try to release a publishing schedule sometime after that

PlayingDrunk

05-18-2014

Chapter 1: A New Friend and an Unexpected Enemy

“Thank you for offering your extended services this week, Miss Vi. We were wondering if we would have someone with your skillset this week, so you should expect to see a lot of play,” said the receptionist at the Institute of War

“My pleasure, summoner,” Vi replied, only half listening.

“We’ve prepared a room for you in the tactics wing. It’s pretty packed, but we managed to get you one for yourself.”

“Thanks…” Vi said, still only half listening. Then she saw Garen and his sister, Lux, enter the management with a woman with an eagle on her arm, whom Vi did not recognize. She had talked to Lux, who was way too girly for her to hang out with, but it was impossible to dislike her, due to her inability to do anything negative, aside from fry you with a laser, of course. Garen, on the other hand, she took a liking to. He didn’t take any ****, he got things done, and he was also a surprisingly good drinking buddy.

“Crownguard!” Vi called.

Both Garen and Lux looked over. Garen flashed her a half smile, but Lux stood up, giggled, and beckoned her over. She obliged. “Garen and Lux,” Vi said, “it’s been a while.”

“Yea, it has,” Garen replied, “what brings you here, Vi?”

“Some things at the station went down that I’m not proud of, and I need some extra money,” Vi replied.

Lux lit up like a firework and started giggling, again. “Ohmygosh, Vi, you should totally play for Demacia with us later! It’ll be great! Pleasepleaseplease?”

Vi glanced at Garen who nodded. Vi was about to accept when the other woman spoke up. “I’m sorry, I don’t think that we’ve met. I’m Quinn, and this is Valor,” she said as she gestured to her eagle, “Demacia’s Wings.”

Vi offered her hand, “Vi, the Piltover Enforcer.”

Quinn shook her hand. “I hope you’re good, winning this match will win Demacia jurisdiction over Kalamanda for this quarter.”

“You won’t be disappointed. So who is our fifth going to be?” Vi asked.

“We’re trying to get the Chain Warden, Thresh, but if he can’t, we’ll be relying on whoever they match us with,” said Garen, “the match begins in a few hours. In the meantime, why don’t we grab a drink?”

A Few Hours Later

“Welcome to Summoner’s Rift!” The ever-present announcer declared.

Garen headed up to the top lane, Thresh and Quinn strode off to the bottom lane, and Vi and Lux headed out to the Elder Lizard.

“So Vi, how are things in Piltover?” Lux asked, ever cheerful.

“Well, I get to beat people up on a regular basis, so that’s always fun, but I kinda pissed off Cait, and I don’t get to punch anyone for a week.”

“Aw, I’m sorry Vi,” said Lux.

“Don’t be, I brought it on myself…”

They continued the rest of the walk in silence, effortlessly taking the Elder Lizard for Vi, and the Ancient Golem for Lux soon after. Garen had instructed not to interfere with him and Darius, but to keep their jungler at bay. Vi had no idea who they had in the jungle, as he or she had not left the fog of war yet.

“Vi! Help!” pleaded Lux.

Vi sprinted through the jungle to the middle lane to see Katarina pelting Lux with knives. Vi charged her gauntlets and punched Katarina right in the face, knocking her back a few feet. Lux then recovered and let her signature laser loose, forcing Katarina to back away, not without a few choice words for them both.

“Thanks Vi, can you make sure that they don’t take my tower while I’m gone?” asked Lux in between breaths.

Vi nodded, out of breath herself. She took it easy, and was cautious, as, according to Garen, Darius was nowhere in sight. Suddenly, the sky got dark. Vi looked up to see a man with a large spear and an aegis plummeting straight towards her. She quickly charged her gauntlets once again and vaulted out of the way, right before the man hit the ground. He looked up, his face covered by an ancient mask, only his eyes were visible.

She recognized him as Pantheon, the Artisan of War, and prepared to fight.

Pantheon jumped in, his spear looking for blood. Vi caught the tip of it with one hand, and used the other to punch him repeatedly, but every few punches didn’t seem to do a thing. She charged the gauntlet clutching the spear head and threw him back. They seemed pretty evenly matched, until they both got extremely tired. Their movements were slow and sluggish, and Vi could only watch as Darius jumped out of the bush as Pantheon was about to impale her, and beat her mercilessly with his axe. Pantheon shoved him aside and threw his spear, which Vi couldn’t catch, and it pierced her left side. She looked to her left and saw Lux coming back, but knew that she would be too late. Pantheon prepared for the kill when Darius leapt into the air with his signature ability, the Noxian Guillotine, and sent her back to the fountain…

Part 1/2

Part 2 coming in the next few days

SkX Code

05-18-2014

Bump. This is great!

PlayingDrunk

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeLocked View Post
Bump. This is great!
Would you mind telling me what you liked about the story so that I know what I'm doing right and wrong? Also, I'm glad you like it!

SkX Code

05-21-2014

It's very entertaining, and the flow is good.

PlayingDrunk

05-26-2014

Hey guys, sorry I haven't uploaded part 2 of chapter one like I promised, finals are coming next week and I've been studying my ass off. I will try and fit in some time to finish the next part in the next few days, and again, sorry for the delay!

PlayingDrunk

06-20-2014

Holy Hell this is a lot later than it was supposed to be, I apologize everyone. A fire in my town delayed my finals by a week (Apparently it was a few blocks from my school, and massive, and so they came a week late, which meant more time I had to study them). Anyway, the fire is out now, school is over, and I finally finished Part 2. Without further ado, here is Chapter 1, part 2, of the story

Part 2/2

Vi returned to the fountain, after yelling at herself for completely forgetting about Darius. How could she have been so stupid? She should never have engaged Pantheon for that very reason. But still, something about the warrior intrigued her. His passion for fighting matched even hers, but instead of just being a pastime, or something to do for fun, like it was for her, it was his entire life. It was an art that she would never understand, because where he came from, war was sacred. Vi decided that she should make an attempt to visit Targon someday.

Up ahead, back at the middle lane, Vi say Garen and Lux fighting against Darius, Katarina, and a very tired Pantheon. Vi ducked through the jungle and through the river, and immediately charged out from the side, knocking Darius and Pantheon aside, and throwing Katarina up into the air. Garen and Lux instantly advanced, Lux threw all kinds of spells at their opposition, while Garen made sure that neither warriors could get to her, at the same time letting Vi beat the living **** out of Katarina.

“You have slain an enemy!” Came the voice that presided over the rift.

Vi set her sights now on Darius, charging her gauntlets and giving him a piece of her mind. Garen came from the other side to aid her, with Lux locking him down. Darius seemed to disregard Vi as he tried to do as much damage as possible to Garen. Garen seemed to catch fire before executing Darius with his Demacian Justice. Garen began his retreat, with Lux giving him a light shield, and it seemed that he would live through the ignite, until a spear flew through the air and took his life. Pantheon had returned to the fight.

“Look out!” Lux screamed.

Vi looked to the direction of her voice and barely dodged the Whirling Death that came before the notorious Draven, and behind him, the blinding light that was Leona.

Now locked in a 2 against 3 battle, she waiting for Lux to soften them up a bit. As soon as she landed a Light Binding, Vi charged Draven, throwing him up into the air just as she did to Katarina. Before she could do any more, a blinding beam of light came from the sky, stunning and blinding her. When she regained vision, Draven was pelting her with axes, while Lux did her best to hold off the other two. It seemed like a losing fight to them, and Vi prepared for another death.

“Gouge em, Valor!”

A familiar purple eagle flew from the bush and landed right on Draven’s face, giving Vi enough time to charge him. Quinn flew out of the bushed and kicked him in the head before back flipping off of him and hitting him with her crossbow. Pantheon attempted to jump into the air again, but instead was caught mid jump by a horrifying scythe. Thresh then leapt out of the bush and flayed the warrior right onto Vi. The Chain Warden has joined the fight.

The fight had gone on for a while, and when Draven was about to overwhelm them, Lux backed away, and then released a massive laser. Vi, Quinn, and Thresh dove to the ground in order to escape its blinding fury.

“Triple Kill!” The woman announced, followed by the sweetest word ever, “Aced!”

The Demacians proceeded to take 2 towers and an inhibitor before the Noxians surrendered.

Later

Vi was enjoying a drink with Garen, Lux and Quinn, when Darius, Draven, and Katarina approached them. Katarina smirked as she stroked her knives, and Darius was a silent fury. Even the annoying as all hell Draven had nothing to say. Katarina punched Garen and Lux at the same time, while Draven tackled Quinn. Darius wrenched Vi out of her seat and brought her outside, while hearing the fight continue to increase inside. Darius threw her on the ground.

“You *****! Why would someone from Piltover, like you, be helping the Demacians?” Darius roared.

“How about, why does a Noxian “general” feel the need to assault a girl he doesn’t know because he doesn’t know how to lose?” Vi retorted.

Darius responded by kicking her in the stomach, hard. Katarina then came outside, looking pleased with herself.

“Aww, little bad cop, not so tough without your big fists now, are you?” Katarina sneered. Darius picked her up and held her arms behind her back, while Katarina ran her knives gently around her face, before punching her. And again. And again, before Vi couldn’t take it anymore. She stomped on Darius’s foot and brought her elbow into his stomach. He did not go down as easily as she expected him to, and he spun her around and kicked her knee out. Then he punched her in the face, a lot harder than Katarina. Vi cried out for help, but it seemed futile. Darius might kill her here, and the last thing she would have ever done was disappoint Caitlin. No. She would not die here. Not now. But it seemed she couldn’t do anything. Her face was bloody, and Darius only hit harder every time. Until suddenly, the abuse stopped.

“What the ****!” Darius yelled.

Vi looked around, and saw Pantheon on top of Darius, his spear aimed straight at his neck. She could hear him speaking. “This is how you try to win, General, by starting a bar fight to beat up a girl? Seems pretty cowardly, but we all know you don’t tolerate cowardice. He punched him in the face before grabbing Katarina by the neck and throwing her against Darius, before turning to help Vi up. That was the last thing she remembered before she passed out.

SoulZero88

06-20-2014

This is actually quite interesting. Fan fictions are usually interesting to read due to the imagination that people add to already present characters which is exactly what you have done. Great job so far! BUMP! By the way, how soon will Chapter 2 be released? We're kinda left on a cliffhanger!