Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skill-shot graphic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uncanny

08-03-2010

Hey guys,

I'm level 20 after playing casually for a few months but I still consider myself rather new.

I've started watching live streams at school and while I'm studying and I've noticed something kinda cool - skill-shot graphics.

To see what I mean, check this video out at around 1:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrsTE1vpoXM#t=01m02s

Janna lines up her Howling Gale but instead of just having a range circle and a simple diamond cursor, she has this cool brush stroke looking graphic to help visualize the path of the skill-shot.

Is this simply a setting in the game? Perhaps a mod? I've seen the same graphic with Amumu's Bandage Toss on live streams, yet I certainly don't have it when I play Amumu. :P

Can anyone give me some insight on what this is?

Thanks!

PS: I've also attached a screenshot of the video which shows what I'm talking about.

R66Y

08-03-2010

This was brought in a couple of patches ago iirc. There is an option in the game to turn it on/off, but I've not gone looking for it, so i can't tell you where it is exactly.

uncanny

08-03-2010

Awesome, thank you!

I believe it it under the in-game options menu as "Line Missile Display"

Options Screen (Gear icon) -> More Options -> Line Missile Display

Thanks again!

xpsychedelico

08-03-2010

I've tried looking for for the option change, and I haven't found it. It takes a little getting used to, really. Some skillshots are still quite off when I use it.

Schuazay

08-04-2010

it is under the game section of options i think, I use it to line up olaf's axe throw and to me it helps a lot

Saregod

08-05-2010

It was implemented a while ago.

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

08-06-2010

Don't worry, a level 30 can still be a newbie if they need help with something they don't know, this forum here is for answering questions, don't think you're left out just because you've been playing longer : D

Yes that is in game, though I was not aware you can toggle it in the options menu, which somebody above me has specified.

Ending Shadows

08-10-2010

Quote:
uncanny:
Awesome, thank you!

I believe it it under the in-game options menu as "Line Missile Display"

Options Screen (Gear icon) -> More Options -> Line Missile Display

Thanks again!

Honestly guy, you saved me. I personally can't work with the skill shot pointer, it's distracting and doesn't seem to be true with projectiles (for myself). Thanks a bunch!