A question for Junglers (on runes)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerraEarth

03-23-2012

AS glyphs. MR/lvl runes. I understand that the default go-to choice for glyphs are the MR/lvl ones. Are AS glyphs ever viable/worth replacing MR/lvl ones? I saw on some jungle guides that they actually use AS glyphs rather than MR ones so I was quite curious if for some champions this would ever be viable for jungle routes.

Dreadstealth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2012

It really depends on the champion. Some champions don't need the extra MR, and would be better off with AS, while others may be the opposite.

TerraEarth

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadstealth View Post
It really depends on the champion. Some champions don't need the extra MR, and would be better off with AS, while others may be the opposite.
I can understand that. It's what I had initially posted. How about giving me a few examples of junglers that benefit more from AS glyphs than MR ones.

CT Fletcher

03-23-2012

Junging champions like Moakai, malphite, rammus, and lee sin do not require the extra magic resist.

I play all of them with either CDR, AS, or mana regen

Dreadstealth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2012

Well I can't say exactly, but a couple come to mind. (Don't murder me if I'm wrong here, just throwing out a few possibilities.)
First off, you would probably need to work some extra MR into your build if you roll with attack speed runes, but otherwise you should be fine because monsters in the jungle deal physical damage.
A couple of junglers that come to mind that could run this setup efficiently would be: Olaf, Shyvana, Udyr, Nocturne, Xin, Lee sin, and Shen. There's probably more but I just can't think of them at this point.
And before you ask, I do have experience in jungling considering it's my main role.