New Age Champs Vs. Old Age Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kurohyou

03-22-2012

So. In the game do you think the new champions have an undue advantage over the older champions who have had more nerfs and such.
In my experience the newer champions have more to their skills. Like Fiora's w. It has so much to it. And seems way better than the old age version (which i consider to be yi's wuju style). Theres more but i cant think of them at the moment im a bit addled haha.

ARGorilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Well Master Yi is still a pretty strong champion, Morgana gets banned a lot and she has an old kit...

Dreadstealth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Morgana is also banned for a reason. She is ridiculous as an AP carry and a support (Although nobody actually uses her as a support anyways). Her ulti can wreck in teamfights, her soil is amazing no-thought farming, and her Binding.. Well.. Insanity. Can 100% secure a kill in some cases, does tons of damage and lasts for ages (Shall I say more?).

And as for the actual thread topic, It really depends on who you compare. Some of the older champions (Let's say pre-august 2011) are actually really good, but it just seems they are discarded alot more because of the new champions and their playability and *Cough* Lack of nerfs (As compared to older champions.).

KaryuuEndan

03-23-2012

You forgot to tell about shen... with new updates he's so much strong...mordekaiser AP can rape too, well it depends about minion farm and kills...

TheRealTouche

03-23-2012

i really do not think older champs are less viable, they just got more boring after a while. but you will see, what goes around comes around, youll start seeing more of the old champs when people realize they are still there and they havent played him or her in ages

IS1a420802574b139f7409f

03-23-2012

Rammus? Corki? Singed? All beta champions, all very strong and recently nerfed.

Edit:

To general topic point, no. New champions don't really. There as many new champions that are pointless and forgotten as old ones. Example - that lady who rides a boar. No one cares. No one plays her. There are more Dr. Mundo's in games suddenly than her.

Sam Is Whoa

03-23-2012

Annie, Garen, Cho Gath, War wick, Zilean all good champs noone plays because they have been "worn out". New champs are easier to play as their base stats come out high and are easier to play early game. you dont need much skill to last hit and survive.

TERR0RSAUR

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Annie, Garen, Cho Gath, War wick, Zilean all good champs noone plays because they have been "worn out". New champs are easier to play as their base stats come out high and are easier to play early game. you dont need much skill to last hit and survive.
Actually, Annie is a lackluster AP mid, Garen has no late game and is a counter pick who is outclassed, Chogath and Zilean are deceptively high skill cap champions, and WW is picked/banned all the time as a top laner and he's decent again as a jungler.

Sam Is Whoa

03-23-2012

annie is an excellent champ when played by someone who knows what their doing she has good potential in team fights with a tibers stun and agreed with garen but if played well early game with a good jungler it doesnt get to late game.

TheInsidiousOne

03-23-2012

I think that it all comes down to the Flavor of the Month.
Akali. Strong like nobody's business. I saw her in almost every game from November to early February. I've seen like... one... in the last month. Morg was a rare pick for a long time, most people argued that Lux had the same kit, but was infinitely more useful. Now it's flipped. I think it's just what fits at the time, and who gets tired of playing who. It's an endless circle of picks and counterpicks.