Anivia's movespeed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Derceto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2009

Whats the justificaiton for Anivia (and Fiddlesticks) having the worst base movespeed in the game?

Aliel

10-20-2009

dont know why as a bird , she is so damn slow.

Lollerman

10-20-2009

Because of their skills. They have decent survivability as casters, and their abilities warrant slower move speed, otherwise they'd be pretty unbalanced.

DarkeTiger

10-20-2009

First off, they're ranged so it be pretty bad if they could move faster than melee champions.

Most/All of Anivia's Skills either slow or stun.

Fiddlefail has fear and lifedrain, as well as the flash on his ulti, so he doesn't really need to move all that fast.

GNOY

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkeTiger View Post

Fiddlefail has fear and lifedrain, as well as the flash on his ulti, so he doesn't really need to move all that fast.
Wrong. He DOES NEED (every hero need, wth). But if he do - he would be imba. So they cut his legs, hoping we wont suck at using fear and exhaust during ult. =)

EVILTeddy

10-21-2009

I love heroes with slow some extra MS would not hurt her.

Bwahahaha

Merv

10-21-2009

Boots of Speed?

Corltan

10-21-2009

Anivia is understandable. I think she has the longest passive attack range in the game, plus her ability to slow opponents passively while bursting them hard and create obstacles with her wall is quite probably the best in the game. If she could passively move fast as well on top of all that, I think it would be over the top.

Fannypak

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corltan View Post
Anivia is understandable. I think she has the longest passive attack range in the game, plus her ability to slow opponents passively while bursting them hard and create obstacles with her wall is quite probably the best in the game. If she could passively move fast as well on top of all that, I think it would be over the top.
The longest passive attack range is Tristana with her level 5 passive. After that, I think it would have to go to Annie. So no, Anivia's attack range isnt that far (nor does it hurt anyway).

With the Nerf to her abilities range, she can no longer burst you down from long range. I think its time that her speed was bumped up to 300 or even 310 to compensate for the range reduction on her frostbite.

IgnisPhase1

10-22-2009

Honestly, her MS is fine. A little lacking, but nothing Sorc Boots (or MS Quints) won't fix.

The patch where they let you pop Flash Frost earlier changed her a lot. At range, you are a great harasser. Double hit with Flash Frost, then follow with a Frost Bite. That's half someone's life. They flee, you farm. If they come back quickly, hit them with it again, they die.

Up close, well, Flash Frost, Frostbite, and Glacial Storm. Just sit on it, poke them a few times with auto attack, and watch them die in two seconds.

If Anivia could chase, she'd be extremely powerful. Right now, the reason her "difficulty" is maxed is because:
--You need to double-hit with Flash Frost.
--She can't chase; you have to Flash Frost stun/Frostbite and pump out damage instead of chasing.
--She can't run; you need to use her egg, and your towers, and your buddies, to make sure that you "survive" fights.
--Glacial Storm needs to be dropped farther from you. Range was buffed recently; you have to make it so they run through GS as long as possible.