Tired Of Ulti Dependent Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Austinja

03-22-2012

The payoff is great given the skill shot nature of her ult, and becomes better when she softens you with her other moves; if Lux opens with an ult it's generally a bad move... though I personally think lux is a bit OP right now ;D. I don't disagree with you, there are definitely some champs who can abuse their ults and can be viewed as nothing without them. But there are others on the opposite end of the scale who's ults don't spell instant doom. There's just too much variation between each champ's strengths and weaknesses that the strength and nature of the ult is different. Amumu's ult does pitiful damage but is a clutch ganking staple. Lulu's ult is a supporter's wet dream. Shen's ult is great for initiation and saving teammates, but Shen's real power comes from his general tankiness and other skills. Lux has amazing timed bursts if you can nail the shot. I feel the ults effectiveness goes in conjunction with the regular abilities, and of course, skill and timing. But nothing can be perfectly balanced :P

Hardscar

03-22-2012

Twitch is also pretty Ult dependent throughout most of any game.

If he gets fed well, and builds fully, he is brutal without his Ult, and just plain gross with it.

Before endgame he's usually not able to kill fast enough to survive well without his Q.

RiverZebra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Have you ever met someone who's good with Warwick? He's my main and I only use his ult in ganks and finishing team fights.

Leonixxiii

03-22-2012

I know rite, I can't stand it when people spam Karma's ult all game long.

Eviant

03-22-2012

:O Leo...Picking on the poor ult-less Karma.

That aside, as someone else said, there are characters like Tryn who rely on their ult, but then there are others like Anivia and Ashe who aren't as dependant on their ult, or who's ult isn't the whole reason you grab them.

As for Kat, Malz, ect, they are AP carries. Their ults are, much as you might hate to hear it, one of the reasons you pick them. It's like saying that it's wrong to pick Annie for her Massive AoE stun, or Brand for his huge AoE burst, which is fairly dependant on his ult.

Fact is, there are characters that you pick simply for the Ults, with the real skills coming in with how those players use the other Abilities. Honestly, it seems like you have a low hidden ELO, so it will wind up like that. As you win more, you will find less Tryns, Kats, or Malzahars.

lolguy999

03-22-2012

Ultimates make all the difference in a battle. For example GALIO is NOTHING without his ultimate.
N O T H I N G

Leonixxiii

03-22-2012

Also if your gonna pick on Karth's ult, then the same goes for Soraka... Another Ult dependant, like Karma , is Nidalee... Its funny how some are dependent on ults, but in very different ways.

The real issue is not so much dependence alone, but rather that and the impact an ult makes... Sometimes literaly... Trynd's will allow him to survive, and crit down anyone who can't/won't run, and Kat's gives her multi kills all day long.