Tired Of Ulti Dependent Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kurohyou

03-22-2012

So, is anyone else tired of those ulti dependent champs. I.E Malzahar, Warwick, Katarina, Tryndamere. You all know...those champions where you're just like "WHY ARE YOU PLAYING THAT PERSON JUST TO PRESS R!?" Or is it just me

SheriffV2

03-22-2012

Karthus?

But I think Warwick has a lot more to offer than just his ulti. His Q does % dmg, he's got really good chasing capabilities, and if built correctly he can kill people even without using R.

Kurohyou

03-22-2012

Yeah but when he uses his R it goes from 5v5 to 4v5 in like a second. So he has no reason not to spam it. Or to save it for a necessary time like other champs.

twebmaster

03-22-2012

I would'nt say malzahar is ult dependent. He can do so much damage outside of that + silence entire teams.

But you forgot about fiddle... so useless without his ult up

I Jedi I

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

wow all those champs you listed have so much more to offer,
Malzahar can silence & shred you for a % of your health with pull
Warwick, you're kidding right ?
Katarina can lower healing and reduce incoming damage, incredible harass with Q
Tryndamere, eh weak champ, he is a melee so not hard to counter, even with ult

Kurohyou

03-22-2012

Most of them just play them like ulti-mongering noob muffins >.> just saying. ive never been hurt by a malz without him ulting me to hold me in his fail pool and the silence is a horizontal skill shot. Easy to dodge. Warwick just pops in ultis and takes out one person then runs away unless he has fed a lottttt. Katarina can poke a little but if she doesnt have ulti up (Which is never thanks to her passive) shes an easy kill. And trynd just waits till his ulti is up to fight. Its kind of in the meta with trynd though cause if you ever die at all with trynd you get a bunch of Q.Q "Baddie" "Go Uninstall" like comments from both sides. So no trynd wants to face that and they just abuse their ulti or run like a little girl.

I didnt consider Karthus an ulti dependent person because at least he has to be opportunistic with it and save it for runners. The other people just spam it whenever they can for easy kills.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

So, out of a game with NINETY FIVE champions, you are tired of how FOUR of them are more reliant on their ultimates than other champions? That's kind of sad. ;P

Kurohyou

03-22-2012

Out of a game with NINETY FIVE champions, i only see very few even played. And most of them over and over and over every game. I.e the post about how i am tired of them. If i saw one once in a blue moon id be like ok but every game today there has been at least one. Not to mention other unsavory champions i feel are only played because of their superior ratios and rather underbalanced skill setups ( i wont get into that though thats for another post :O). So basically i only complained about the ones i have seen on average more than 10 times a day or so. Noone wants to play people who are difficult to do well with. E.g. Why noone will touch sejuani anymore since her first week >.>

Austinja

03-22-2012

I've always been a GP man, his ult is complete utility. Pick off stragglers, help a teamfight, slow down champs you're ganking or use it escape one. It's useful, but not GP's bread and butter. But I don't think many champions are super reliant on their ults, but they ARE called ultimates. Their meant to be powerful when used correctly.

Kurohyou

03-22-2012

If they are ULTIMATE. Then why do some people (Like Lux) have their ultis with the same freaking cd as their normal moves when its clearly more powerful. Thats really balanced lol. I just remembered to add lux to the list