Real junglers VS not real junglers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Badduck69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2012

After the jungle nerf a couple months back, I've been noticing that people are getting their "creative" side on and doing all of these crazy jungle builds and champs. I'm glad riot went ahead and gave everyone the opportunity to try and jungle what ever your summoner level may be or your choice of champion is.

to name a few of the recent things I've seen
-Jungle Shen w/ vamperic scepter.
-Jungle Malphite w/ vamperic scepter
-Jungle Eve w/ regen pendant
-Jungle Jarvan w/ ruby crystal
-Amumu w/ rejuv bead + 1 hp pot

I'm not going to say that these build and champs are wrong. The best part about LOL is that everyone has a strategy that works for them. Someone's build that got them 20/0/18 might only get you 0/20/4. And with that point I WILL say this. If you can't play that crazy jungle champ build combo that you saw on youtube or saw in game ... DON"T DO IT AT ALL.

For some champs that are considered "jungle class" it was hard enough going in with only vamperic scepter. Now champs that were not intended to be in the jungle go in with that item and take longer to jungle, gank less and die more often.
Some of these not real junglers ask for a leash on wolves camp, blue buff AND then want you to stick around and do as much damage as you can without stealing the exp or accidentally killing the neutral monsters. Jungling correctly can change the game around, but doing it wrong cost your team a player, who is wandering around in the jungle and constantly having to go back to base to heal. It cost the team kills, ganks and not to mention you have to keeping up with the other jungler.

AGAIN: if you can jungle with these new and wacky champs and builds DO IT. I wont lie. I'm amazed by those who jungle with teemo + 3 hp pots, and successfully gank all over the map *clap**clap**clap*. BUT if you jungle with some unheard of build and some NON jungle class champ and completely totally and horrifically fail at it do NOT expect your team to appreciate you very much and DON'T try to do it again until you MASTERED it. You cost people wins and a whole lot of patience. its like telling your friends you can do a triple back flip and instead show them a faceplant on the concrete. I've been seeing a lot of faceplants recently.

My advice: If you're not 100% sure about this wacky build or non jungle champ, stick to a REAL jungling class champ with the standard 5 hp pots and armor. Or at the very least go play some easy AI games. Make it easy for your self. make it easier for your team. And save yourself from the troll spam you'll get if you would have failed with that NON JUNGLE champ.

Lerry the Lebster

03-22-2012

Okay, first of all, most of the champions you listed have always been jungle champs. I mean, I haven't played Amumu in lane since Sunfire capes stopped stacking. And I'm assuming you actually meant regrowth pendant on him, not rejuv bead? If it is a rejuv bead he should be able to afford far more pots. If it is a regrowth pendant you meant, that is his standard jungle start. If he started with anything else I would question that players skill level.

While I don't know Jarv or Eve's starting items, they are both quite viable in the jungle. Shen is okay. Malphite I honestly wouldn't play in lane, though I do usually start regrowth + pot. never seen vamp scepter.

Plus aren't you playing normal? Who cares? Normal games are just practice games. Its not like you LOSE anything for it. They are just for fun. Normal is where players should go to practice with new champs before playing in ranked.

I kind of understand where you are coming from, but with the exception of maybe some unorthodox starting items, I don't see any problems. All of the champions you listed are viable in jungle. Again, I think you pretty much listed the only way Amumu should be played. So you should probably stop blaming the jungle and start working on your own game.

Haunchbones

03-22-2012

ive jungled vayne, painfully bad idea.

DarkJuggalo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Viegar is a fun jungle. Need some help at blue and wolves but once u get rolling its funny to flash over the wraith wall stun and 2 shot mid. Or double stun bot and kill the support while your ad carry kills theirs. I went 21/2/19 with jungle vieg.
Jungle pantheon is fun too but best ive done with him yet is 11/4/27

Stippy

03-22-2012

You need to be more open minded in normal games. Alot of times trying a strat (even mastering) in bot games still isnt the same. Eventually you have to move to normals to raise your skill cap.

Jungle Akali FTW.

Rawrful

03-22-2012

I'm confused. You list normal junglers and say they aren't normal junglers? They aren't Udyr/Maokai/Skarner/Lee Sin, but they are all viable and standard junglers.

The non-standard jungler that I have had the most success with is Karthus. His Wall is an amazing gank tool- It isn't a hard stun, but the debuff lasts a long time, and it gives negative MR and armor in addition to a massive slow. His q spam does crazy DPS on ganks and with all his AoE he blows up minion camps instantly.

Rush a soul stealer on him, gank as much as possible, get 6, gank with ult while farming jungle... The soul stealer is much more effective for a jungler than for a lane. Lane champions only have one opponent to kill, and they are under constant threat of ganks. As a jungler, you have all lanes open for you to gank, and you are often in less of a position to die.

FeelgoodGolden

03-22-2012

I play Jungle Leona. OP

Badduck69

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerry the Lebster View Post

I kind of understand where you are coming from, but with the exception of maybe some unorthodox starting items, I don't see any problems. All of the champions you listed are viable in jungle. Again, I think you pretty much listed the only way Amumu should be played. So you should probably stop blaming the jungle and start working on your own game.
Yes it was rejuv BEAD. And yes he, he only bought 1 hp pot. You're right, since if these champs are good in jungle and the builds work. But like I said with LOL a build and champ tgat works for YOU Lerrythelebster, might not work with some one else. You don't lane amumu, you dont lane malphite, but others DO. The problem is that : players are seeing these new champ/builds in the jungle and SOME of them CANT and yet continue to do it. The reason I'm blaming the junglers is because these unorthodox builds/champs are holding them back from being exceptional junglers. Just like the jungle warwick tgat doesn't gank until 12:00, who dies to neutral monsters, who feeds, the players with unorthodox champs and builds are doing a bad job. The thing is that I see these unorthodox champs/ builds do badly more often than the recomended 5pots+ amor and a champ like NOC or WW.

Badduck69

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrful View Post
I'm confused. You list normal junglers and say they aren't normal junglers? They aren't Udyr/Maokai/Skarner/Lee Sin, but they are all viable and standard junglers.
Sorry but I can't see jungle Eve being as effective as some one like jungle shaco or jungle rammus.

On the flip side I have never seen jungle Karthus, but he sounds amazing!

Badduck69

03-23-2012

I only posted SOME of the wierd builds and champs that I have seen. As you guys can see through your post there are many more out there. And pls feel free to post recommendations for your build and champs. If players are going to be putting wierd things in the jungle I'd rather they go in with some advice from successful build and champs