@Riot: A Dominion Story

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedoren View Post
Phourc posted this thread and riot was all like /ignore phourc. Problem solved.
So far, that's what it seems like.

Geryth

03-22-2012

bump

Orphane

03-22-2012

There are also balance issues in Dominion - in blind pick it's just a random grab bag of things like "oh well they have Wukong, Kassadin, Rammus, Warwick, and Pantheon. Welp!" (note, not saying that these champions are wtf god mode OP, but they are all hard to deal with)

Draft Dominion takes forever to actually get started both in queue and the number of times dodges happen.

Dominion players might be a small subset of the LoL community, but I'd like to hope that our dedication to the game mode is at least noted and our concerns looked at.

Arowan

03-22-2012

Dominion is more finely balanced than SR, imo. After all, it's the one game mode that you can't get a hyper carry. SR, you can lose a game in the last minute, due to just one bad teamfight. At least in Dominion, only coordinated teams can pull off a comeback.

A lot of SR players wander into dominion thinking it's the same thing. I can't tell you how many times I've beaten 2k+ elo SR players (such as Scarra and Imaqtpie) during NESL. Not even just beaten them, but stomped them. Dominion doesn't care about last hitting. It cares about split second decisions, high team coordination, and jungle control. Counter picking is a much larger deal in dominion than in SR, too. Top elo games become an intricate game of pick and counter pick, especially at the solo bot position.

Dominion cannot wait until Season 3 for ranked. It's great to see RiotBahamut in the DominateDominion channel answering questions. It'd be nice to see more. Has Riot even watched high elo dominion matches?

I'm another of those "dominion only" converts. As a busy college student, the short matches are essential. It's strange, too, because I usually hate PvP, since I'm terrible at it. But I managed to get over 2100 elo in dominion before jabe died. The strategies in Dominion are so much more intricate than in SR--there is no set meta in dom. And that's a good thing.

Edit:

Lately, dominion is even starting to impact and create the SR meta. Urgot OP? We knew that. Wukong is awesome? Totally knew that too. AD malzahar is ridiculous? Yup, we got that. Armor pen and Magic Pen are important build strategies? We knew that too.

And supporting in dominion is more fun too. I get gold. Yay.

Geryth

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arowan View Post
Lately, dominion is even starting to impact and crate the SR meta. Urgot OP? We knew that. Wukong is awesome? Totally knew that too. AD malzahar is ridiculous? Yup, we got that. Armor pen and Magic Pen are important build strategies? We knew that too.
I'm actually very surprised to level of how true this is. Despite the innate differences between the modes, Dominion has set standards and shifts for SR that no one could have predicted. Dat Tanky AD Malz is boss.

Skeeep

03-22-2012

bump for justice

Dominion is the only thing keeping me here.

Artarias

03-22-2012

Ya know I never really played Dominion because there's no ranked.

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arowan View Post
Dominion is more finely balanced than SR, imo. After all, it's the one game mode that you can't get a hyper carry. SR, you can lose a game in the last minute, due to just one bad teamfight. At least in Dominion, only coordinated teams can pull off a comeback.

A lot of SR players wander into dominion thinking it's the same thing. I can't tell you how many times I've beaten 2k+ elo SR players (such as Scarra and Imaqtpie) during NESL. Not even just beaten them, but stomped them. Dominion doesn't care about last hitting. It cares about split second decisions, high team coordination, and jungle control. Counter picking is a much larger deal in dominion than in SR, too. Top elo games become an intricate game of pick and counter pick, especially at the solo bot position.

Dominion cannot wait until Season 3 for ranked. It's great to see RiotBahamut in the DominateDominion channel answering questions. It'd be nice to see more. Has Riot even watched high elo dominion matches?

I'm another of those "dominion only" converts. As a busy college student, the short matches are essential. It's strange, too, because I usually hate PvP, since I'm terrible at it. But I managed to get over 2100 elo in dominion before jabe died. The strategies in Dominion are so much more intricate than in SR--there is no set meta in dom. And that's a good thing.

Edit:

Lately, dominion is even starting to impact and create the SR meta. Urgot OP? We knew that. Wukong is awesome? Totally knew that too. AD malzahar is ridiculous? Yup, we got that. Armor pen and Magic Pen are important build strategies? We knew that too.

And supporting in dominion is more fun too. I get gold. Yay.
I couldn't agree with this more... good player too!

Wish we could have a "Riot Members Play Dominion Day" and see if we can get more of the SR community to give it a shot and a chance to queue up with their favorite rioters... you know everybody wants a chance to frag Phreak and Jesse Perring!

Hugs From Momma

03-22-2012

Riot you've dropped the ball on Dominion.

Time to pick it up, bros.

Bianary

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
There are also balance issues in Dominion - in blind pick it's just a random grab bag of things like "oh well they have Wukong, Kassadin, Rammus, Warwick, and Pantheon. Welp!" (note, not saying that these champions are wtf god mode OP, but they are all hard to deal with)
And you honestly can say that same thing doesn't happen in blind pick SR?