@Riot: A Dominion Story

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

03-22-2012

Support post.

Agreed with pretty much everything in this thread. Dominion matchmaking is becoming more and more erratic with the shrinking community... the past week, for me, has been pretty awful.

I have no time to play anything longer than a game of Dominion due to my lifestyle and obligations. If Dominion dies, I stop playing LoL... and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. My time and money invested are all sunk costs, and mean nothing to me.

All I want is some reassurance that Dominion is being looked at, evaluated, developed... something behind the scenes that tells us Riot hasn't invested an enormous amount of time creating a game mode they'll just let go defunct.

swampfox357

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
As one of the top rated/competitive Dominion players, I get horrendous queue times trying to find a Dominion game. I'm talking 60 minutes on average to get a solo queue blind pick match. My highest is 184 minutes.
I'm pretty sure I would have played some AD fiddle a few games just to get some better queue times. :P

Northpaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

I actually thought dominion wasn't very fun at all when it came out, but then I started playing some dominion games just to get better with characters in a low pressure environment. After that though, I really came to appreciate it as a game mode and it's mostly what I play now. I really hope Riot will take greater steps to support the game mode they hyped up so much last year.

Para

03-22-2012

Sometimes I wonder how many Riot employees actually understand the current dominion meta...

However I believe this is the case right now:

Majority of their playerbase are playing Summoner's Rift. Demands for Summoner's Rift trump over those of Dominion so priorities are not just there for Dominion.

The biggest turnoff I've found for most people is that a lot of these people don't understand how to play Dominion and constantly get clumped up with other people who do not know how to play either. They in turn discourage each other to play Dominion cause of poor play and unable to win games.

Edit: props to rickless for being involved with dominion but the Dominion community really needs a staff member to be more involved with the community. Problem is that no one seems suited for it.

Ikruti

03-22-2012

I think the thing I'm most interested to know at this point is this: On the surface it looks like Riot is neglecting Dominion, why?

I'm not saying they are neglecting it intentionally, but it really does appear that way. No communication at all about the state of the mode, nothing about ranking, nothing about item balance, it's just...nothing.

There was a huge fanfare and it was touted as this great alternative to the "tired, old" DotA style map. Even Riot themselves literally spoke about how addictive and fun it was and how they couldn't stop playing it.

Some months down the line and we see that apparently almost all of Riot went to rehab because now we see they barely touch it.

So Morello, what do we need to do get some insight here? I'm certainly not above bribery. Uhhh...not that you'd accept bribery...but just in case...

Marzibear

03-22-2012

although they may not be the reds you need i feel this might help

LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA

!
I SUMMON THEE IRONSTYLUS
!

Edit: volibear is a well designed champion

Skarner ßot

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para View Post
The biggest turnoff I've found for most people is that a lot of these people don't understand how to play Dominion and constantly get clumped up with other people who do not know how to play either. They in turn discourage each other to play Dominion cause of poor play and unable to win games.
A lot of Dominion's small player base is this. People who do well in SR come over to Dominion, thinking "Hey, It's all League of Legends, right? I'll do fine!", then they lose a few games because they don't know how different Dominion really is. They think they just because they are good at SR, and not good at Dominion, that it's a fault of Dominion, and do not recognize that it's a new game that takes a whole new approach. They'll either spout rationale about imbalance, or shrug off their failures by downplaying Dominion's game play with statements like "Oh, there's no strategy in Dominion." They just don't give it enough time to realize that Dominion is very balanced, and that there is a lot of strategy involved.

FOODFOOD

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzibear View Post
although they may not be the reds you need i feel this might help

LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA LEONA

!
I SUMMON THEE IRONSTYLUS
!

Edit: volibear is a well designed champion
It hasn't worked yet!
NEEDS MOAR LEONA.

Para

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarner ot View Post
A lot of Dominion's small player base is this. People who do well in SR come over to Dominion, thinking "Hey, It's all League of Legends, right? I'll do fine!", then they lose a few games because they don't know how different Dominion really is. They think they just because they are good at SR, and not good at Dominion, that it's a fault of Dominion, and do not recognize that it's a new game that takes a whole new approach. They'll either spout rationale about imbalance, or shrug off their failures by downplaying Dominion's game play with statements like "Oh, there's no strategy in Dominion." They just don't give it enough time to realize that Dominion is very balanced, and that there is a lot of strategy involved.
Unfortunately, there are too many people that do not realize there is a community that does understand it and can probably offer advice/games to play with.

Here's an useful tip: Pushing towards enemy mid when a lot of enemy champions are missing is equivalent to asking to be ganked by enemy jungler cause you overextended. Happens so much.

Lemt

03-22-2012

I come from the faraway lands of Europe to support the cause