@Riot: A Dominion Story

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Loved the story.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
You know what we also need?

More Rioter's to actually play the game mode. Come on Riot, play it with us! You'll see in higher level play that it is quite balanced and ready for some serious competitive action!

Here's what we know about Rioter's and Dominion as of 03/20/2012:
  • Phreak - 12W / 4L
  • Classick - 7W / 3L
  • RiotGuinsoo - 31W / 17L
  • ricklessabandon - 162W / 143L
  • DarkShurelia - 8W / 6L (doesn't even work for Riot anymore and played more than Classick >_<)
  • Morello - 18W / 8L
  • IronStylus - 6W / 3L
  • Fruitstrike - 14W / 8L
  • hohums - 45W / 41L
  • Jesse Perring - 7W / 4L
  • Tamat - 16W / 14L
  • Rinoa - 10W / 8L
  • RiotRunaan 4W / 3L
  • subninja - 15W / 9L
  • Serif - 6W / 8L
  • ItzMattu 30W / 32L
  • RiotLykaeus - 24W / 29L
  • Evil IncarNATE 2W / 7L
  • RiotMontag - 10W / 15L
  • Illusia - 18W / 30L

After randomly checking 20 Rioters, I see only ONE with more than 100 games played. That's pretty dang sad given that a dominion game 1/3 the length of SR. How can we expect them to take it seriously when they themselves don't even play it? I sure hope they have normal accounts that they play incognito under.
I saw Riotbahamut in the DominateDominion chat last night, so I just checked his win/loss. 86W/63L. And his match history is full of Dominion, so maybe he just recently got into it and enjoys it. RiotTamat has also retweeted a DominateDominion tweet before.

That's a little bit of hope I guess.

Mad Style Points

03-22-2012

Cool story.

Seriously.

Even though I only played dominion in its first few weeks it should have a ranked or at the very least some form of ranking otherwise anyone would lose their competitive mentality.

TaIont

03-22-2012

Yeah you can tell Riot loves what they have made just look at the dominion forums. If you cry a bit thats ok I would be sad too. Dominion has many issues and like TT they will never be fixed so it is a little weird that they would spend soo much time on it just to leave it like it never happened. Show us you still care at least give us back our elos

Rebonack

03-22-2012

As soon as I found out about my JabeBot rating I can say without a doubt that I redoubled my efforts and tried even harder to figure out how to up my game. When all was said and done I managed to raise my Elo by over 200 and I felt pretty darn good about it.

But without knowing my ranking...

I mean... I'll still play to win, sure. But it just won't have quite the impetus that it did before.

I say unhide normal Elo for Dominion like it was on Rift before Ranked was ever added. The community in Dominion is already too small for a 'true' Ranked mode to work. The queue times will be absolutely terrible.

FOODFOOD

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoxex View Post
Yeah you can tell Riot loves what they have made just look at the dominion forums.
Exactly. The only red that ever posts is Rickless, and he's just someone that likes Dominion; not in charge of anything involving it.

Makestro

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
You know what we also need?

More Rioter's to actually play the game mode. Come on Riot, play it with us! You'll see in higher level play that it is quite balanced and ready for some serious competitive action!

Here's what we know about Rioter's and Dominion as of 03/20/2012:
  • Phreak - 12W / 4L
  • Classick - 7W / 3L
  • RiotGuinsoo - 31W / 17L
  • ricklessabandon - 162W / 143L
  • DarkShurelia - 8W / 6L (doesn't even work for Riot anymore and played more than Classick >_<)
  • Morello - 18W / 8L
  • IronStylus - 6W / 3L
  • Fruitstrike - 14W / 8L
  • hohums - 45W / 41L
  • Jesse Perring - 7W / 4L
  • Tamat - 16W / 14L
  • Rinoa - 10W / 8L
  • RiotRunaan 4W / 3L
  • subninja - 15W / 9L
  • Serif - 6W / 8L
  • ItzMattu 30W / 32L
  • RiotLykaeus - 24W / 29L
  • Evil IncarNATE 2W / 7L
  • RiotMontag - 10W / 15L
  • Illusia - 18W / 30L

After randomly checking 20 Rioters, I see only ONE with more than 100 games played. That's pretty dang sad given that a dominion game 1/3 the length of SR. How can we expect them to take it seriously when they themselves don't even play it? I sure hope they have normal accounts that they play incognito under.

Does Riot even care about Dominion? Listen, we're not asking for the stars, heck, I'm not even asking for anything outside of "Hey Dominion community, we care about your game mode and we have plans for you that we are working on." Give us something to hold on to, the silence is now what is driving us away and stirring our pots.
this is pretty sad

Kierloway

03-22-2012

I think it's amusing that Bioware was able to to talk with their customers about changing the entire ending and actually agreed to do it within a month of the game being released. Not saying this game needs to change, just saying perhaps Riot should follow suit and talk to their customers instead of ignoring them. Riot, you're lucky there is no competition right now. If you want to figure out how to keep making money instead of being a one-trick pony, it might be best to figure out how to please the players of one of your game modes.

Viktoree

03-22-2012

I support this thread but I remain steadfast in my opinion that in order to get Riot to take Dominion seriously we need to increase the playerbase which is what we're trying to accomplish with this thread here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post21097449, so while you're voicing your opinions here why not do us all a favour and post in the other thread as well.

IronAegis

03-22-2012

Show Dominion some love!