@Riot: A Dominion Story

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
As one of the top rated/competitive Dominion players, I get horrendous queue times trying to find a Dominion game. I'm talking 60 minutes on average to get a solo queue blind pick match. My highest is 184 minutes.

The activity of other high rated players has also dropped off considerably following the Lulu patch. With no ladder to climb, there's very little reason to sit in queue for hours on end. Attempting to stay on top of the unofficial ladder was one of the few things that has kept me going.

There was nothing positive to gain by the removal of the unofficial ladder whilist not even a mention of an official one has been heard after six months. Please reinstate it, at least until ranked is out.
This is pretty much agreed by most of the high level dominion players. Either give us back our tracker, or give us ranked.

FOODFOOD

03-22-2012

I'll bump this. I was finally about to climb out of the 1600s.

Outside of the Monday Night NESL tourneys, there is no competition in Dominion anymore. As far as I know, I could be as good as Sauron!
(Yeah right)

CyrisAeon

03-22-2012

I'll second this. I'm a competitive player, I play to face increasingly skilled opponents and learn how to best them. Losing Jabe meant losing the only feeling of advancement I had. Why was this done? Is it part of a grander plan? Is Dominion a side project that has been passed by?

Geryth

03-22-2012

You know what we also need?

More Rioter's to actually play the game mode. Come on Riot, play it with us! You'll see in higher level play that it is quite balanced and ready for some serious competitive action!

Here's what we know about Rioter's and Dominion as of 03/20/2012:

• Phreak - 12W / 4L
  • Classick - 7W / 3L
  • RiotGuinsoo - 31W / 17L
  • ricklessabandon - 162W / 143L
  • DarkShurelia - 8W / 6L (doesn't even work for Riot anymore and played more than Classick >_<)
  • Morello - 18W / 8L
  • IronStylus - 6W / 3L
  • Fruitstrike - 14W / 8L
  • hohums - 45W / 41L
  • Jesse Perring - 7W / 4L
  • Tamat - 16W / 14L
  • Rinoa - 10W / 8L
  • RiotRunaan 4W / 3L
  • subninja - 15W / 9L
  • Serif - 6W / 8L
  • ItzMattu 30W / 32L
  • RiotLykaeus - 24W / 29L
  • Evil IncarNATE 2W / 7L
  • RiotMontag - 10W / 15L
  • Illusia - 18W / 30L

After randomly checking 20 Rioters, I see only ONE with more than 100 games played. That's pretty dang sad given that a dominion game 1/3 the length of SR. How can we expect them to take it seriously when they themselves don't even play it? I sure hope they have normal accounts that they play incognito under.

Does Riot even care about Dominion? Listen, we're not asking for the stars, heck, I'm not even asking for anything outside of "Hey Dominion community, we care about your game mode and we have plans for you that we are working on." Give us something to hold on to, the silence is now what is driving us away and stirring our pots.

Skarner ßot

03-22-2012

I support this thread, Dominion needs some kind of word about the state of ranked and it's competitive future.

inb4 moved to Dominion forum.

FOODFOOD

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
You know what we also need?

More Rioter's to actually play the game mode. Come on Riot, play it with us! You'll see in higher level play that it is quite balanced and ready for some serious competitive action!

Here's what we know about Rioter's and Dominion as of 03/20/2012:
  • Phreak - 12W / 4L
  • Classick - 7W / 3L
  • RiotGuinsoo - 31W / 17L
  • ricklessabandon - 162W / 143L
  • DarkShurelia - 8W / 6L (doesn't even work for Riot anymore and played more than Classick >_<)
  • Morello - 18W / 8L
  • IronStylus - 6W / 3L
  • Fruitstrike - 14W / 8L
  • hohums - 45W / 41L
  • Jesse Perring - 7W / 4L
  • Tamat - 16W / 14L
  • Rinoa - 10W / 8L
  • RiotRunaan 4W / 3L
  • subninja - 15W / 9L
  • Serif - 6W / 8L
  • ItzMattu 30W / 32L
  • RiotLykaeus - 24W / 29L
  • Evil IncarNATE 2W / 7L
  • RiotMontag - 10W / 15L
  • Illusia - 18W / 30L

After randomly checking 20 Rioters, I see only ONE with more than 100 games played. That's pretty dang sad given that a dominion game 1/3 the length of SR. How can we expect them to take it seriously when they themselves don't even play it? I sure hope they have normal accounts that they play incognito under.

Does Riot even care about Dominion? Listen, we're not asking for the stars, heck, I'm not even asking for anything outside of "Hey Dominion community, we care about your game mode and we have plans for you that we are working on." Give us something to hold on to, the silence is now what is driving us away and stirring our pots.
+1 for Knowledge!

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Dominion Ranked 2012!

Stralucire

03-22-2012

Plus 1 for pretty much everything in the thread.

Dominion development has pretty much slowed to a standstill, which is something I can understand since the map mechanics are (AP caster items aside) in a pretty solid place right now. But deep down, this isn't about making the map better, it's about player retention. Players dislike the idea of playing a game which receives little to no developer attention, and I'm positive Riot already knows this. It's just a matter of getting them to talk with us about the current attention on Dominion.

Makestro

03-22-2012

bump for red response

Nilat

03-22-2012

I just started playing LoL about a year ago, put in a few hundred games of classic and tired of it. The playstyle just isn't my thing, I prefer PVP competitive gaming. That's why I was really excited when Dom came out, and I've played the **** out of it ever since. Once I discovered Jabebot I found that keeping track of my progress through elo was a nice way to push myself to keep getting better. I didn't use it to look down upon or rage at others who had lower elo than me or anything. I really do believe that there are a ton of competitive gamers that play LoL who would get more involved in Dom if it had ranked. All we need is a few pros to stream a couple of times, and new players will come check it out and fall in love like I did. If either ranked or the return of Jabebot doesn't happen, plus a little attention from Riot, Dom is going to die off. I know in it's current state my attention cannot be held much longer.