@Riot: A Dominion Story

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phyerbert

03-21-2013

I was reading through this thinking "man finally some riot responses!" then i noticed the timestamps and realized these are a year old. I'm still new to the dominion community and it seems like nothing has changed since then. Maybe just that the community is smaller still...

Vsin

11-05-2013

Obligatory bump to preserve Dominion history.

...although people might hate my guts for stirring this up again.

Golly

11-05-2013

...damnit...

Nerdock

11-05-2013

I hate to say it, Golly, when I opened this up, I knew where this was going, and funny that Dominion GD threads keep getting moved back here, from this long back. Stez007 said it best under the first Riot post. Give it a read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
In that case I insist that you move every Champion Feedback thread to the Champion Feedback forums, every Summoner's Rift thread to the Summoner's Rift forums, every Champion Suggestion to the respective forum, etc.

Since you don't and won't do that, **** off and move this back to GD.

Nexus Crawler

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag View Post
The question of ranked in Dominion is bigger than just flipping a switch and turning it on. Our ultimate goal is to create a really solid experience for players, and before we make changes to our services we always evaluate how it will affect our players first. Since a lot can still change with our plans for Dominion, the live design team isn't really comfortable talking about specifics yet.

Our goal with Dominion has always been to create a powerful and engaging game mode that pushes the envelope of the MOBA genre. There are lots of ways to approach that, and we don't want to talk about something you might not actually see in the game. That's never a good experience for you as a player.

That doesn't mean we're sitting still, though; it just means we're keeping our work behind closed doors until it's strong enough to be examined and scrutinized. I appreciate how passionate you guys are and that you took the time to post your concerns in this thread. Sorry for the "no comment," but I hope I've at least given you some insight into how we think about problems and how much we care about our players' experiences in League. (Hell, they put it in my title.)
More than a year and a half later reading this again with what's been done with Dominion.. I am sad. Riot you made a grown man cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007
In that case I insist that you move every Champion Feedback thread to the Champion Feedback forums, every Summoner's Rift thread to the Summoner's Rift forums, every Champion Suggestion to the respective forum, etc.

Since you don't and won't do that, **** off and move this back to GD.
Good guy Stez. He said it just right.

Geryth

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
You know what we also need?

More Rioter's to actually play the game mode. Come on Riot, play it with us! You'll see in higher level play that it is quite balanced and ready for some serious competitive action!

Here's what we know about Rioter's and Dominion as of 03/20/2012:
  • Phreak - 12W / 4L
  • Classick - 7W / 3L
  • RiotGuinsoo - 31W / 17L
  • ricklessabandon - 162W / 143L
  • DarkShurelia - 8W / 6L (doesn't even work for Riot anymore and played more than Classick >_<)
  • Morello - 18W / 8L
  • IronStylus - 6W / 3L
  • Fruitstrike - 14W / 8L
  • hohums - 45W / 41L
  • Jesse Perring - 7W / 4L
  • Tamat - 16W / 14L
  • Rinoa - 10W / 8L
  • RiotRunaan 4W / 3L
  • subninja - 15W / 9L
  • Serif - 6W / 8L
  • ItzMattu 30W / 32L
  • RiotLykaeus - 24W / 29L
  • Evil IncarNATE 2W / 7L
  • RiotMontag - 10W / 15L
  • Illusia - 18W / 30L

After randomly checking 20 Rioters, I see only ONE with more than 100 games played. That's pretty dang sad given that a dominion game 1/3 the length of SR. How can we expect them to take it seriously when they themselves don't even play it? I sure hope they have normal accounts that they play incognito under.

Does Riot even care about Dominion? Listen, we're not asking for the stars, heck, I'm not even asking for anything outside of "Hey Dominion community, we care about your game mode and we have plans for you that we are working on." Give us something to hold on to, the silence is now what is driving us away and stirring our pots.

I bet this hasn't changed.

Nexus Crawler

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
I bet this hasn't changed.
Certainlyt, Xelnath, and Riot Silver played it a little. Ran into them some time ago. Played with RiotBahamut and Scarizard too.

IronAegis

11-06-2013

Quote:
Our goal with Dominion has always been to create a powerful and engaging game mode that pushes the envelope of the MOBA genre. There are lots of ways to approach that, and we don't want to talk about something you might not actually see in the game. That's never a good experience for you as a player.

That doesn't mean we're sitting still, though; it just means we're keeping our work behind closed doors until it's strong enough to be examined and scrutinized. I appreciate how passionate you guys are and that you took the time to post your concerns in this thread. Sorry for the "no comment," but I hope I've at least given you some insight into how we think about problems and how much we care about our players' experiences in League. (Hell, they put it in my title.)
So, how about a progress update on the work behind closed doors? >.> How about Dominion pushing the envelope of the MOBA genre maybe?

deathTOeXistenZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2013

Hello darkness my old friend...

Darkness4910

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathTOeXistenZ View Post
Hello darkness my old friend...
Who are you? =.=

On topic:
At least we've got an alternative to Jabe-Bot now.