Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


@Riot: A Dominion Story

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

04-25-2012

Quote:
Reebdoog:
If Riot implemented Ranked Dominion, it would be just as popular, if not more, than ranked SR and TT. I bet the reason why they haven't done much with Dom is because of the success they are having with SR, but it's like they never game Dom a chance to grow into what SR is. I have completely abandoned SR for Dom and have enjoyed every minute of it. The only problem I have is without ranked, the people you get grouped with are just horrible. I'll keep playing, but I am hoping they come out with ranked soon so I can actually play real games with people that are playing seriously and with strategy in mind. Oh and maybe people that actually look at their minimaps as well.


Ranked TT is not popular. TT is not popular.

Dominion is not popular. I'll let you figure out the rest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reebdoog

Senior Member

04-25-2012

Quote:
FDru:
Ranked TT is not popular. TT is not popular.

Dominion is not popular. I'll let you figure out the rest.


Why is dominion not popular? Because they didn't do anything for it. If there was a ranked dominion mode, MANY more people would play it. Right now its like queuing with a bunch of 8th graders that don't give a **** about how the game turns out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

animegirl1998

Member

03-20-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
...as far as i know, the live team isn't ready to start open discussion about dominion.
...

guys lets give them some time

Quote:
Montag:
The question of ranked in Dominion is bigger than just flipping a switch and turning it on. Our ultimate goal is to create a really solid experience for players, and before we make changes to our services we always evaluate how it will affect our players first. Since a lot can still change with our plans for Dominion, the live design team isn't really comfortable talking about specifics yet.

Our goal with Dominion has always been to create a powerful and engaging game mode that pushes the envelope of the MOBA genre. There are lots of ways to approach that, and we don't want to talk about something you might not actually see in the game. That's never a good experience for you as a player.

That doesn't mean we're sitting still, though; it just means we're keeping our work behind closed doors until it's strong enough to be examined and scrutinized. I appreciate how passionate you guys are and that you took the time to post your concerns in this thread. Sorry for the "no comment," but I hope I've at least given you some insight into how we think about problems and how much we care about our players' experiences in League. (Hell, they put it in my title.)


Quote:
Montag:
That's never a good experience for you as a player.
you care so much, i feel all warm and stuff. nether change, riot!

Quote:
Montag:
I hope I've at least given you some insight into how we think about problems and how much we care about our players' experiences in League.

thank you for the insight. as you can see, we're all happy and i personally will never stop filling your pockets with my cash )))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronAegis

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Oh man, THIS thread got necro'd. I'm already red with rage after reading it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koravel

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Quote:
Montag:
The question of ranked in Dominion is bigger than just flipping a switch and turning it on. Our ultimate goal is to create a really solid experience for players, and before we make changes to our services we always evaluate how it will affect our players first. Since a lot can still change with our plans for Dominion, the live design team isn't really comfortable talking about specifics yet.

Our goal with Dominion has always been to create a powerful and engaging game mode that pushes the envelope of the MOBA genre. There are lots of ways to approach that, and we don't want to talk about something you might not actually see in the game. That's never a good experience for you as a player.

That doesn't mean we're sitting still, though; it just means we're keeping our work behind closed doors until it's strong enough to be examined and scrutinized. I appreciate how passionate you guys are and that you took the time to post your concerns in this thread. Sorry for the "no comment," but I hope I've at least given you some insight into how we think about problems and how much we care about our players' experiences in League. (Hell, they put it in my title.)


Wow. So it's been a year now, and absolutely nothing. This is pathetic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronAegis

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Quote:
Koravel34:
Wow. So it's been a year now, and absolutely nothing. This is pathetic.


Unfortunately, "No comment" seems like all we're ever going to get, although it'll be even more hilarious in the years to come when this get necro'd again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soren Kaleth

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Yeaahhhh this is why I left Dom... such a waste now... so sad


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicklorian

Member

03-20-2013

I wish i could leave dom but I cant stand laning so pls riot at least pretend like you really care


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphaFerric

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Gotta say, the "No Comment" from the live team for a year, followed by Morello dodging questions for the last few months when Dominion does come up. These guy are giving me blueballs worse than my mormon high school girlfriend. When they finally say anything, I'm gunna need so many pairs of new pants.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

Senior Member

03-21-2013

I can't believe this was a year ago.
I also totally forgot how much no one likes Tamat.