@Riot: A Dominion Story

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Makestro

03-27-2012

Phourc

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukulkan View Post
I think I didn't explain myself quite well, what I meant to say is for each and everyone of us to create a different thread, so the front page would have a lot of domion threads, that's why I say it would be a last resource, but it would show that we are asking (or demanding) to be taken into consideration
There's no reason to spam, but making more Dominion threads in GD would probably be a good way to increase the dominion community.

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i know that quite a few players enjoyed keeping track of their normal rating via third-party systems, but there were some negatives that came out of it that had to be addressed (which ultimately meant cutting everyone off).
Thanks for your posts and continued support for us, we love you!

But, what the hell was so negative about checking our "inaccurate" Elo? And you say some... how can there really be more than one problem? The only problem I saw was that it exposed how terrible match making was about to become during that same patch. I REALLY doubt it was a coincidence that the removal of hidden elo stats and 2000 elo players getting teamed up with non-premade 800 elo players happened during the same patch. Seems VERY fishy to me. Did you think we wouldn't notice the terrible match making changes? Did you all really think you can just **** us like that? Seriously, I know you're just an employee that's a fan of the game and you don't have control about what happens but ****, stand up and tell people they're acting out of line.

inFe eD

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
Stuff.
Mind giving us any concrete details? Any whatsoever? We're all sitting on the edge of our seats in anticipation here!

Huniz

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofrandom View Post
Thanks for your posts and continued support for us, we love you!

But, what the hell was so negative about checking our "inaccurate" Elo? And you say some... how can there really be more than one problem? The only problem I saw was that it exposed how terrible match making was about to become during that same patch. I REALLY doubt it was a coincidence that the removal of hidden elo stats and 2000 elo players getting teamed up with non-premade 800 elo players happened during the same patch. Seems VERY fishy to me. Did you think we wouldn't notice the terrible match making changes? Did you all really think you can just **** us like that? Seriously, I know you're just an employee that's a fan of the game and you don't have control about what happens but ****, stand up and tell people they're acting out of line.
So you don't think that maybe allowing people to track their elo, may or may not have made the normal mode into something more competitive than it should be? Which in turn causes raging since people felt like they had something to brag about/lose.

Just saying, you're looking at it with a one track mind, claiming it because "how how terrible match making was", really shoots yourself in the foot. If you want to be taken seriously, act like the game mode doesn't suck and treat it with an open mind. Lord knows the devs *do*, but we don't know what happens behind closed doors, and claiming rash things only makes it look worse.

Let's say you turn in a paper for a class, and didn't spell check or grammar checked it at all, and you got a rather low grade but the teacher gave you the option to redo the paper, would you not take your time with it make sure you got a better grade?

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2012

more detail would be really welcome, but at least a nonrickless red has made a mildly substantive post, and this is good

Iron Tyranno

03-28-2012

It's so sad to me that out of my friend group, I'm the only one that stuck with dominion... I really enjoy the concept and gameplay, but I agree that some incentive needs to be added to Dominion such as Ranked draft or just something that could reward a lot of gameplay. I don't know it ain't up to me though. I'll still be playing as often as I can.

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huniz View Post
So you don't think that maybe allowing people to track their elo, may or may not have made the normal mode into something more competitive than it should be? Which in turn causes raging since people felt like they had something to brag about/lose.

Just saying, you're looking at it with a one track mind, claiming it because "how how terrible match making was", really shoots yourself in the foot. If you want to be taken seriously, act like the game mode doesn't suck and treat it with an open mind. Lord knows the devs *do*, but we don't know what happens behind closed doors, and claiming rash things only makes it look worse.

Let's say you turn in a paper for a class, and didn't spell check or grammar checked it at all, and you got a rather low grade but the teacher gave you the option to redo the paper, would you not take your time with it make sure you got a better grade?
What? We shouldn't have school sports because some kids lose and it becomes competitive. Lets remove them all next year so kids don't feel bad about themselves. We don't want people to brag about being good at something, what will that do to the self esteem of the other children? Boo ****ing hoo. Man the **** up. The game has a winner and a loser -- it's going to be competitive no matter what.

Have you ever played blind pick? VERY few of them were aware of jabebot and nobody EVER complained about elo over there. Was it more relaxed and easy going? Yup. Was draft the exact opposite? Yup. Is ranked ANY different? Nope. Not ****ing one bit.

You are obviously oblivious to how bad the match making really was. If there was ranked, people would throw the EXACT same **** fit when two duo players rated around 1300 were put on a team to play against 2000+ players that were all solo. THAT **** IS NOT ****ING RIGHT AND YOU THINK THAT'S FINE YOU NEED TO **** OFF AND DIE.

The raging was caused by what I just mentioned above. People saw that low elo players were being matched unevenly because they duo queued and THEY single handily ruined games for other people. It wasn't their fault they were playing against people out of their skill range, it's MM. Yes, that causes raging and the raging was misdirected but raging brought to light the fails in the system. Then, they decide they want to change match making but don't want to put it in the patch notes. But, they know we will notice if we can see Elo so they remove that too to keep things under the radar. Match making 100% changed this last patch and it's very obvious if you have even a few brain cells working. I've never encountered anybody under 1000 elo in all my games played with jabebot (over 200 at least) checking EVERY single person I play with. The only time I saw players that low was with premade groups like the one pictured. They were a 4 man premade and the MM system inflated their Elo to play against 2k players. Not fair for them, not fair for me. However, this only happened with Elo inflation on duo/trio/quadra/penta queues. Since the last patch, low elo players (talking sub 1000) have been getting matched with and against 2000 players while going into match making solo. THIS SHOULDN'T ****ING HAPPEN.

IT'S ****ING OBVIOUS WHAT THEY WERE/ARE DOING AND WE SHOULD LET THEM KNOW WE'RE NOT HAPPY.

I want a good game. I don't want to 5 cap the enemy team and never die. I don't want to win like that. I like a top fight that goes until level 6 with windmill still neutral. I like games that last 20 minutes and have both teams under 50 points. THOSE ARE ****ING FUN. What's not fun is finishing a game in 10 minutes because you roflstomped or got your ass whooped. THOSE GAMES ARE NOT ****ING FUN. Guess what makes games good or bad? 15% picks, 85% equal skilled players. And, unskilled players are probably not going to counter pick well or play a champ well enough to fully perform the tasks needed to win so that 15% is probably a pretty high number for a guess.

So please, don't tell me I have a one track mind when I have a MUCH better grasp about the numbers than you. And to whine about being too competitive... ****ing wow.

And I don't think the game sucks, I'm just telling you that the Match Making system sucks from an engineering and logical point of view.

FOODFOOD

03-28-2012

@avatarofrandom

Caps lock and curse words are never a good way to defend a case or get people to see your post; just fyi.

03-28-2012

Don't care. It lets me express my emotions. If it's offensive, deal with it. People are offensive, that doesn't mean they don't have a point. If you're too blind to look past it, it's your problem not mine. Jesus was an alien anyways and you're not going to "hell" from cursing or hearing/seeing somebody curse. Get over it.