Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: A Dominion Story

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OG Commissioner

03-22-2012

What amazes me is that Riot put so much effort into Dom, man hours, money, PR ect.. and then... sort abandoned it.. makes no sense from a business aspect at all.

Hot Teen Gays

03-22-2012

Quote:
OG Commissioner:
What amazes me is that Riot put so much effort into Dom, man hours, money, PR ect.. and then... sort abandoned it.. makes no sense from a business aspect at all.

Keep in mind that their entire staff works constantly on summoners rift, so they would have to employ more people to work on dominion without increasing the workload dramatically for the other staff.

And since they do struggle with staff currently as it is.. I can understand why dominion is neglected - they simply don't have the resources.

Another reason is that it conflicts with SR - as in, item balances and champion balances for dominion would affect summoners rift way more than balance changes in summoners rift affect dominion. For example, if you were to nerf rammus's speed, he would be **** tier in summoners rift. The nerfs they did on summoners rift, however, did basically nothing to change his dominion power.

I'd like to see some sort of competitive statistic for dominion, but I don't want ranked gameplay. Honestly, the dominion community is horrible and ranked would only make the community worse. At least with a statistic attached to normals that anyone could optionally see you had a choice in how you viewed dominion.

Not to mention, the queue times would be horrible in ranked. I already wait 50 minutes sometimes for draft mode normal.

Sauron

03-22-2012

As one of the top rated/competitive Dominion players, I get horrendous queue times trying to find a Dominion game. I'm talking 60 minutes on average to get a solo queue blind pick match. My highest is 184 minutes.

The activity of other high rated players has also dropped off considerably following the Lulu patch. With no ladder to climb, there's very little reason to sit in queue for hours on end. Attempting to stay on top of the unofficial ladder was one of the few things that has kept me going.

There was nothing positive to gain by the removal of the unofficial ladder whilist not even a mention of an official one has been heard after six months. Please reinstate it, at least until ranked is out.

TakinTheHeat

03-22-2012

bump

Aparkhurst

03-22-2012

Bump

Skeeep

03-22-2012

The death of Dominion seems to foreshadow the death of Riot. Dota2 will definitely kill Riot if this is how they treat their customers.

Viktoree

03-22-2012

For Dominacia!!

Basoosh

03-22-2012

Amen brutha.

We don't need a promise of ranked, just give us some input into what you guys are thinking about Dominion. What's in store for the future? Is there a future?

ActionButlerGO

03-22-2012

What Basoosh just said.

Ranked/elo isn't as important to me as knowing that Dominion has a future. New items? New changes to the global aura? New items? New items?

Shodann

03-22-2012

Nice thing about seeing the elo is that it gave people a goal.

Hope that they'll be providing info soon.