Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: A Dominion Story

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rebonack

03-21-2012

I fear ranked dominion will have 30+ minute queue times for me =<

Waiting 5-10 minutes for a Blind Pick game was already bad enough =/

Influence Point

Master Recruiter

03-21-2012

uhm..

in dominion its more like "I got top i win noaw" kind of gameplay unless you have an amazing team comp and team work, or their team is complete idiots and does the 5 man cap while your team just does the ninja caps.

Huniz

03-21-2012

Justice

Nekrogen

03-21-2012

Bump for great

Hobocop

03-21-2012

I agree. All this wonderful hype and fanfare to launch, some changes for...about 2-3 patches...and then nothing. Just dropped straight off the radar, aside from a few off-hand comments from Morello that you do realize that you need to support TT and Dominion more and Dominion sections in Champion Spotlights where applicable, which is appreciated.

However, it does get very discouraging with patch after patch of zero changes for Dominion besides some Coop vs AI stuff, and I haven't been able to muster the resolve to queue up for a Dominion game for almost a month, especially with other games coming out to occupy me.

FDru

03-21-2012

Quote:
gantz1990:
What's dominion?

The PvP mode.

RealWolf M

03-22-2012

I'm with OP. I don't care what they say, just some showing that there is interest from RIOT, that they do at least know that dominion exists. There is many things that the high ELO dominion players can tell RIOT about how dominion is working. There have been multiple threads in the dominion forum asking for a simple response.

Yet RIOT has never responded, they are not putting any work into Dominion, the matchmaking is giving people much more terrible teammates, rather than the previous slightly longer queue times but reliable teammates.

It would seem their policy is "stay quiet incase we have someone unhappy"

Kiddalee

03-22-2012

I don't play Summoner's Rift. It's nice for ARAMs, but it really isn't a serious game mode. Too much snowballing, attritioning, 1-minute comebacks from horrendously played games just because the last teamfight happened when the spawn timers became 70 seconds long; champion balance is so centered on the laning phase and not the whole game, excellent teamfighting champions are worthless in Classic; there is nothing competitive about that.

I would never play Ranked Classic, but I would play Ranked Dominion. Dominion is the only game mode I can take seriously. I wanted separate avenues for fun and tryharding; now we've gone from having a makeshift Ranking system to having a mess of unexplained wins and losses. Now the only avenue for competitive play is the NESL tournament, on a weeknight, over five time zones. Do you really wonder why people aren't showing up?

I'd been using JabeBot to train myself. I've averaged 100 higher Elo this month than last month. Now I have no idea whether I'm doing better or worse except by how often bad builds work. I have never put anyone down for what JabeBot revealed about them. Few people do that, as most of the Dominion community frowns upon abusing JabeBot.

Riot didn't hide Normal Classic Elo until they added Ranked. Why are they hiding Dominion Elo before adding Ranked? That sort of Classic favour hurts Dominion without helping Classic; it's destructive only. If you're going to waste your own year-long investment, squishing users' attempts at making the best of things will only hurt the mode more.

Either give me Ranked, or give me my JabeBot back.

ShawNuff

03-22-2012

+1 dominion

lirm

03-22-2012

I don't play classic SR ranked. I refuse to even try it.

I would happily play Dominion ranked, at least a few games.