@Riot: A Dominion Story

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha11uc1n0g3n View Post
Yeah, you guys rocked that game. Wish i could have contributed more but lack of early kills forced me to play support Ahri xD
You did great, man. Ahri is one of those champs that's just awesome regardless. My roommate was the Riven, and his mouse wasn't working for half of the game lol. He kept yelling at me I CAN'T MOVE AHHHHH. Luckily he was a good meatshield at the Windmill.

Basoosh

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
And when is this wonderful day supposed to be?
DOTA 2 doesn't have a launch date nailed down as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlJoe View Post
Also, anybody saying "We just want Riot to say something to us" you're probably lying. I at least would rather have action than words
Of course we all would prefer action to words. But let's go for baby steps first. Words take a couple minutes of keyboard punching to produce. Action takes weeks to months of development.

facetious

03-23-2012

I don't really care for Dominion, but I enjoyed your story greatly. Thank you. +1

Stralucire

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
Of course we all would prefer action to words. But let's go for baby steps first. Words take a couple minutes of keyboard punching to produce. Action takes weeks to months of development.
Words aren't as cheap as people want to believe. Developers have to walk a tenuous line between inadvertently making promises they can't keep, or enraging the players when they can not, or will not, provide what the players want. And players tend to jump to a lot of conclusions anytime a developer opens their mouth, which means the likelihood of the aforementioned outcomes is pretty high. It's easiest for developers to say nothing at all. Not always the best idea, but most of the time.

Besides, the Reds have already said, months ago, "of course we're still looking at Dominion." And how much has changed since then? Almost nothing. Would it make us happy if they popped in just to say the same thing over again? Possibly. It would, for a short period, assuage some fears. But until we see results, we have little hope to run on.

So what is it that we want: an empty statement, a promise that may not be kept and might incite players, or just silence?

Redenbacher

03-23-2012

^ Agreed.

I would rather them state something that simply lets the community know they haven't just scrapped efforts to improve and advance Dominion. I don't need a promise. I don't need an action plan, or a schedule. I just want to know someone is doing something.

FOODFOOD

03-23-2012

Afternoon bump. I'm sad - Ever since Jabebot stopped showing Dominion ELO, I keep winning games. My self esteem needs to rise!

Hugs From Momma

03-23-2012

Let's go ahead and put this back on top of the deck.

Orphane

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha11uc1n0g3n View Post
Yeah, you guys rocked that game. Wish i could have contributed more but lack of early kills forced me to play support Ahri xD
That was one of the games where everything went pretty smoothly - intense with the team playing more responsively winning out. Pretty much an ideal Dominion game

Basoosh

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralucire View Post
Words aren't as cheap as people want to believe. Developers have to walk a tenuous line between inadvertently making promises they can't keep, or enraging the players when they can not, or will not, provide what the players want. And players tend to jump to a lot of conclusions anytime a developer opens their mouth, which means the likelihood of the aforementioned outcomes is pretty high. It's easiest for developers to say nothing at all. Not always the best idea, but most of the time.
Understood. What I was trying to get across is that words are cheap to produce in the here and now compared to action. What you're talking about is the consequences of those words down the road. I think by now we all understand the fine line that must be walked when it comes to information distribution from a dev.

But I know there are a lot of Dominion fans out there that are getting close to the breaking point. It's been too long since we last heard anything. It's time to throw Dominion players a bone. I think this thread is basically asking Riot to take on that burden and give us a show of faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralucire View Post
So what is it that we want: an empty statement, a promise that may not be kept and might incite players, or just silence?
Speaking for myself - I'll take the empty promises at this current point in time. That at least proves they thought about Dominion for a couple minutes in order to create the empty promise.

Part of the problem is also that Riot is usually very forthcoming about things. Radio silence for this long is not a good sign.

Saint Lee

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
Afternoon bump. I'm sad - Ever since Jabebot stopped showing Dominion ELO, I keep winning games. My self esteem needs to rise!
same ;'(