@Riot: A Dominion Story

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basoosh

03-23-2012

I'm betting money that Ranked Dominion will be one of many new features Riot busts out as kind of an anti-DOTA 2 launch package. According to red posts, ranked Dom has been ready to go since last September. They're just waiting for the right time. And what better time than the launch of a primary competitor? It would give people a feature they can't and won't get in DOTA 2. It's an excellent retention strategy.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
I'm betting money that Ranked Dominion will be one of many new features Riot busts out as kind of an anti-DOTA 2 launch package. According to red posts, ranked Dom has been ready to go since last September. They're just waiting for the right time. And what better time than the launch of a primary competitor? It would give people a feature they can't and won't get in DOTA 2. It's an excellent retention strategy.
And when is this wonderful day supposed to be?

edit: wow Dota 2 has some sick looking champs, if they added a Dominion game type i'd be there in a heartbeat.

FOODFOOD

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
And when is this wonderful day supposed to be?

edit: wow Dota 2 has some sick looking champs, if they added a Dominion game type i'd be there in a heartbeat.
Original DotA did have a CP mode, but not many people played it. It wasn't that fun.

IS1e275795df8e19

03-23-2012

RIP JabeBot - I could've sworn RiotRara was a regular user of the service so WTF?

DevlJoe

03-23-2012

I love dominion. Since it came out, I've played maybe 10 games of SR. I've raised my account from level 15 to level 29 on dominion almost exclusively. (leveling up is taking a while because of busy school stuff. It would be even worse if I had to play long SR games to level though.) Dominion just clicked better with me. It just made more sense. I can last hit, but from an immersion perspective, it makes no sense why my champion has to do a stupid dance between minions, attacking at very specific times and avoiding the enemy in lane, instead of just fighting that other person. The faster matches with more to do are what I want in a game like this.

I don't particularly care about the removal of jabebot. (I was ~1650 for anybody who wants to decide the validity of my statements based on my epeen score.) I do wish there was a ranked for people who wanted to tryhard, but I'm somewhat worried about splitting the small playerbase up like that. Really I just wish Riot would openly say they care about dominion, and then take actions that show it. Maybe if it looked like Riot cared, more people would care who didn't before. Make announcements on the main site, organize tournaments, maybe make a few changes in these patches that keep coming out and talk about it in the patch preview. I don't know, just more that shows we're even on the radar.

Also, anybody saying "We just want Riot to say something to us" you're probably lying. I at least would rather have action than words, but: here are the words you want to hear in a parenthetical statement... Said a month and a half ago... With no action taken since then...

Orphane

03-23-2012

Bump

FOODFOOD

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Bump
Fun game last night, Orphane! One of my better WW games. You did great as well.

Ikruti

03-23-2012

I can envision Jabe's first day already.

Morello: "Welcome to Riot, recruit. Remember, the first rule of Riot Club is you do not talk about Dominion."
Jabe: "We noticed. But couldn't we talk about it just a little?"
Morello: "The second rule of Riot Club is you do not talk about Dominion."
Jabe: "Ok, I'm sensing a theme here. What about Twisted Treeline?"
Morello: "Twisted what now?"

Please don't let us befall the same fate!

RedSerpent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2012

Please bring Dominion ELO back, or implement a ranked mode D:
It just seems so pointless without it...

Ha11uc1n0g3n

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
Fun game last night, Orphane! One of my better WW games. You did great as well.
Yeah, you guys rocked that game. Wish i could have contributed more but lack of early kills forced me to play support Ahri xD