what should be my goal gold rate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cghost

08-02-2010

so i am new to the game. level 15. and i have read a lot of guides and see how xp/gold rate is a big part of the early game.

i've been praciticing my last hitting but i still suck.

i'm curious, how much gold does a good should a good player make by say his 3rd, 5th and 10th level? what should my goal be?

i know it depends on the character and the game but im asking in general... i feel like it's very rare for me to have made 2k by level 10... i know that's low but how low?

s.

Gunslinger

08-02-2010

Depends on what champion you play, some champions are better at farming than most. By level 10ish I have somewhere between 1600 and 2000 on Nidalee, who is a pretty good farmer. You shouldn't be going back to town to buy at level 3 or 5 if you can help it, it ruins exp and gold gain, while your enemies are still out there gaining what you're not.

Eviant

08-02-2010

Lol, exactly. I play Shaco and usually average 5 kills or more by level ten, so my gold is going to be higher. But with Siv, by level ten, I usually had a starks, because I was mid, and she is one of the best farmer/pusher, thanks to Ricochet.

Don't worry about how much gold you have made, because you can still help your team, whether or not you have the items for it. And your last hitting will get better. I usually get 2 or 3 last hits per wave. Just takes patience and a little focus. Just don't forget about the enemy lol.

El Hebrew Hammer

08-02-2010

If you're having trouble farming I would suggest playing as Singed or Sivir.

cghost

08-02-2010

interesting... so 2000 by 10 is pretty normal? i think i have gotten confused because some guides talk about buying things "early "mid" and "late" game but my gold intake is nowhere near high enough to buy as fast as they suggest...

...but 1500gp by 10 is probably my average... so maybe that's in line...

...ideally you can only really plan/hope to go 3 last hits per wave in a lane, right? b/c you're partner is last hitting as well...?

Deathbedeli

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghost View Post
interesting... so 2000 by 10 is pretty normal? i think i have gotten confused because some guides talk about buying things "early "mid" and "late" game but my gold intake is nowhere near high enough to buy as fast as they suggest...

...but 1500gp by 10 is probably my average... so maybe that's in line...

...ideally you can only really plan/hope to go 3 last hits per wave in a lane, right? b/c you're partner is last hitting as well...?
In the side-lanes, its reasonable to split last hits with your laning partner so that you each have an equal opportunity to gain decent equipment. But in mid, you should be making at least 83% of your last hits, or 5 out of 6. Ideally you should be getting every last hit, but sometimes thats just not possible with harassment and situations that arise.