@Riot - Can we have our Dominion ELO back?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

03-20-2012

In case anyone doesn't know what I mean by Dominion elo, thanks to the hard work of Jabe you used to be able to access your Dominion Elo simply by querying his bot. Here's an example. This is no longer possible as of the Lulu patch, since Dominion Elo is now 'hidden' and unable to be accessed by the bot.

Speaking as an avid Dominion player, I've been eagerly waiting for a proper Ranked mode where elo is officially recorded, but JabeBot is a nice alternative which many Dominion players have been using in lieu of that. Hiding the elo so it can't be accessed is disappointing, to say the least. I'd like to ask if it could be unhidden again, or, barring that, at least a proper explanation as to why it was hidden in the first place (fingers doubly crossed for an announcement that Ranked Dominion is coming soon!)

Yes, Elo is just a bunch of silly numbers, but competitive players like to have some metric by which they can measure their progress - it's why ranking systems were invented in the first place, after all. So, Riot, can we have our silly numbers back?

Also, posting this in GD because the Dominion forums are kind of... barren of any Riot employees, aside from one or two who drop by occasionally. Just thought it'd get more attention here, and hopefully a response. Thanks for reading.

tl;dr: Two lesbian bikers walked into a bar and ended up making out with me and the bartender.

Zerglinator

03-20-2012

Read the whole thing...that tl;dr...

Arowan

03-20-2012

I'm not entirely sure if I'll miss Jabebot. While it was nice for bragging rights and finding competitive dominion teams, that only mattered once you hit over the 2k mark.

After all, if POOTERSS can be over 1900, what does my high elo mean anymore?

Kam3h

03-20-2012

You can barely carry In ranked normal if you have 2/5 people act stupid.

Dominion is impossibrr!

Tekshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Dominion normal elo is retarded. It literally meant nothing. Season 3 will come out with ranked Dominion last I heard.

Arowan

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekshi View Post
Dominion normal elo is retarded. It literally meant nothing. Season 3 will come out with ranked Dominion last I heard.
If Dominion doesn't get some Riot love ASAP, it won't last until season 3.

Just saying.

ShadowKum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

What's a dominion?

inFe eD

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekshi View Post
Yes, it was by all accounts fairly inaccurate at best, but it would be nice to have some metric of skill besides pure w/l ratio, which actually does mean nothing.

I hadn't heard about Ranked coming with Season 3, any link to that?

Frigid Wrath

03-20-2012

"tl;dr: Two lesbian bikers walked into a bar and ended up making out with me and the bartender."

+1 to you then

inFe eD

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frigid Wrath View Post
"tl;dr: Two lesbian bikers walked into a bar and ended up making out with me and the bartender."

+1 to you then
It's actually a badly-disguised ploy to get you to actually read the post, but an upvote is fine too. Cheers.