Any good Akali builds???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VirtuŚl

08-02-2010

anyone have any good akali builds the one from mobafire doesnt seem to put out enuff dps against tank characters

Pwnacus Maximus

08-02-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...orycraft.xhtml
/thread
EDIT: Leaguecraft >>>> mobafire

Ebonclaw

08-02-2010

Honestly, those are both really bad builds, from what I can see.

First, no matter what you do, if you want crushing burst damage (which is Akali's one true purpose), do NOT get a snowball item. Playing a super squishy melee, there are 2 types of opponents that you will meet: those whom you can destroy almost regardless of what items you pick (in which case snowball items are not needed to pwn), and those who will in fact tax you for your kills, focus you when possible, and generally just hunt you down and make you dead from time to time.

Second, you definitely want your 10 AD asap, as it provides you a bit more staying power in early lane, and allows you to kill jungle mobs much more effectively than you would without any vamp.

Third, always rush Rylai's, as it will, by itself, be able to give you a strong mid game if you are playing her effectively. From there, builds can vary widely depending on opponents, but almost pure AP with just a dash of AD (Bloodthirster, really? no.) will give you the strongest overall presence. Rylai's, Zhonya's, and Lich Bane are the core items, with Rageblade being the general go-to item to get your AD fix, but if you want to go cheap you can substitute Brutalizer, and upgrade to Ghostblade later once your AP gear is solidly in place.

Pwnacus Maximus

08-02-2010

how are those bad builds? besides the snowball item of course. he just gives the AD one as an example, not as one you shiuld actually use.

SuicidalPankake

08-02-2010

I read that whole guide, everything said about how to play her is correct in my opinion. However, I find it pretty hard to go full AP with her, plus I almost never get to build Zhonya's. She just doesnt have the survivability, unless your enemies have 0 awareness/dont have the proper AoE spells to kill her in shroud (Nasus... his spell is the exact same area as Twilight Shroud. Grr.)

Anyway, I've been having some success going boots and 3 hp potions at start, which allows me to get to the brush faster and maybe get an early kill. Then it can go two ways; if I'm forced back earlier, I start in on Guinsoo's Rageblade/upgrade to Boots of Mobility (I like to zoom zoom). If I can stay in lane long enough to get the gold for Rylai's, I start with that, then get whichever item I didnt make next. After that, I get Sheen and upgrade it to Lichbane ASAP. Then I go for a Guardian Angel, as it provides defense against both magic and physical (if I recall correctly, Lich Bane and GA will give a total of ~60 to both armor and magic resist), plus the kickass revive. If the game isnt over yet, start in on Zhonyas.

In the guide posted earlier, I cant explain how to play her any better. Really well done in that part.

tl;dr: use my build if you get pummeled alot, and if youre feeling adventurous go with the glass cannon 400+ AP style. And Ebonclaw has it right, snowball items really only work in games you would have won anyway.

Ebonclaw

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
how are those bad builds? besides the snowball item of course. he just gives the AD one as an example, not as one you shiuld actually use.
Because first, she is a burst damage champ, an assassin. AD builds attempt to make her play like an auto attacker like Yi or Trynd. This is not her role, and will give suboptimal results in situations where you are fighting skilled opponents, and need to basically insta-gib someone and then disappear.

Second, as I pointed out, on the AP build there is Mejai's, AND the source of AD for the build is a Bloodthirster, which is really just a terrible investment on an AP build. Again, for multiple reasons, this build is very suboptimal for more competitive play.