Jabebot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

harmar

03-21-2012

yup glad i was able to hit 1800 just on the weekend before riot took the stats away

harq al ada

03-21-2012

There's no flaw in matchmaking, there's just so few 2000+ ranked players that they have to put them with lower ranked players, which means they have to be balanced by low ranked players on the same team, otherwise they'd be sitting in 20 or 30 minute queues waiting for enough high ranked players.

Jabe

03-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by harq al ada View Post
There's no flaw in matchmaking, there's just so few 2000+ ranked players that they have to put them with lower ranked players, which means they have to be balanced by low ranked players on the same team, otherwise they'd be sitting in 20 or 30 minute queues waiting for enough high ranked players.
This.

(Although people 2300+ get 50minute queues, not 20)

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2012

Quote:
Explain how there was a noticeable change in queue timers and teammate skill about a month? ago.

It was very specific, all of a sudden every high ELO player solo queue was noticing these really terrible teammates, but much shorter queue times. After checking at the end of games, there was a ridiculous ELO difference between the player and some of his teammates. This previously NEVER happened

03-22-2012

Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong. MM is flawed and it's from the inflation given to premade teams of any size. I don't even know how many times I've been solo with 4 other solo players from mid 1700s to the 2000 range facing players MUCH lower than them because they are premade. I JUST played a game with these two teams:

Team 1:
Me------------------- 1951
Ritsuchan--------- 1754
TranslatorSan--- 1751
Some Grape----- 1597
Bakunyuu--------- 1821

Average: ---------- 1775

Team 2:
Mr Furyous-------- 1440
252EC--------------- 1305
Wolf*******------- 1528
TexasPwnsAll----- 1057
TimeisBack-------- 1698

Average:------------ 1406

That's roughly a 370 elo difference. That is a HUGE difference just from being premade. There is a huge difference between a 1300 player and a 1670 player the same way there is a huge difference between a 1600 player and a 1970 player. THIS is why the system is flawed and why people probably don't like playing dominion. You can't duo queue because your elo gets just as inflated. And if you duo queue at higher levels, you get paired with even worse players since your new apparent elo is MUCH higher than you actually are.

This happens all the ****ing time and it's no fun for anybody. That match I mentioned earlier was pretty much a 5 cap the whole time with their team not being able to do anything. Their dominion experience made them ban and pick champs that are hard to handle in the 1300-1400 range but left open much more potent picks. The difference of skill was MUCH greater than their communication "buff" of playing together.

I would bet my life that if Riot made just a simple adjustment to this inflation, we would see MUCH better games (quality and balanced games) just like I seem to get when both teams are solo queue. I've had a bunch of games where both teams are solo and at high levels of play, most of those games are pretty **** close and ALWAYS fun. The queue times might go up some but not much since many of the higher players won't be stuck in games with these inflated premades. Those inflated teams can play against other people in a similar elo bracket and all would be dandy.

It would also keep 5 man premades more interested in dominion since they don't expect to get facerolled every single time they try to queue together as 5. Why would 5 casual gamers, who want to enjoy themselves, want to play top level players? Sure they would be able to learn and improve their game, but after how many ass whoopings?

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

I love playing matches with you and watching you rage about your perceived problems, like that game when you were verbally abusing Ashe and another player told you to stop so you started verbally abusing him and saying they were in a premade.

That was hilarious, because I was duo queued with the one who told you to stop being verbally abusive.

You know what the problems is, as to why matchmaking isn't fun for you? It's not because of who you are matched with. It's because of your attitude.

03-22-2012

My attitude sucks towards premades because time after time after time I have seen terrible games unfold because of them. It's not the players, it's the match making system. I hate games like that. I hate games like the one I mentioned where it's just a one sided roflstomp and I don't care if I'm on the winning team. It's about enjoying this **** game and that doesn't seem to happen when I play with premades. And I'm so sure that I was verbally abusive. Care to share the replay file? Would love to see how "abusive" I was. More than likely I was raging about either a pick, or how bad match making fails with premades because that's what induces rage in me.

swampfox357

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofrandom View Post
My attitude sucks about premades because time after time after time I have seen terrible games unfold because of them. It's not the players, it's the match making system. I hate games like that. I hate games like the one I mentioned where it's just a one sided roflstomp and I don't care if I'm on the winning team. It's about enjoying this **** game and that doesn't seem to happen when I play with premades.
Personally, I find it much more annoying to get matched against a 5-revive premade with Yorick/Rammus/Kass/WK/etc.

AO Alt

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
Explain how there was a noticeable change in queue timers and teammate skill about a month? ago.

It was very specific, all of a sudden every high ELO player solo queue was noticing these really terrible teammates, but much shorter queue times. After checking at the end of games, there was a ridiculous ELO difference between the player and some of his teammates. This previously NEVER happened
I still only get queued with the same ~20 people. I see some new faces every now and then, but it's very rare.

I haven't noticed any change in mm.

Kierloway

03-22-2012

Anyone else find it amusing Riot has time to remove jabebot's function and hire him, yet they don't have the time or the right leader to make decisions and actually announce them involving dominion? Shows you where their priorities are.